1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Incorporations

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Salty, Mar 10, 2009.

?
  1. We are Incorporated and we are glad we are

8 vote(s)
    42.1%
  2. We are Incorporated, but would prefer not to be

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. We are Incorporated, but it makes no difference

1 vote(s)
    5.3%
  4. We are NOT Incorporated and never will

2 vote(s)
    10.5%
  5. We are NOT Incorporated, but probably will

2 vote(s)
    10.5%
  6. Not sure of our status

4 vote(s)
    21.1%
  7. Other answer

2 vote(s)
    10.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thinkingstuff

Thinkingstuff Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian

Though I like the referrence to the founding fathers of the United States I'm trying to imagine Jesus saying Don't tred on me right after saying if a man strikes you on your right check offer him your left also.

2. Palatka51

Palatka51 New Member

I trust God for everything, food, clothing, etc however if I do not lift my fork and dig in or step in my pants and button my shirt none of the blessings that God provides will benefit me. God blesses us with a building to assemble with brothers of like faith we aught to be good stewards to use and protect those blessings.

3. Palatka51

Palatka51 New Member

The founding fathers did as they were motivated by God to do. When a government fails in its duty that God has instituted for it, it is the duty of the people to change it.

4. Martin Luther

Martin Luther New Member

If you don't have insurance and your building burns down, then God allowed it to happen. If God deems hard times are necessary to help strengthen your walk then why fight it? If you truly believe that God is in control of every detail, then allow whatever may come to come. "Bad" things are not always bad things. I believe the more vulnerable you are the more freedom God has to aid your growth. That’s easier said than but obviously, but that’s how we should try to live.

#24 Martin Luther, Mar 12, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 12, 2009
  5. Palatka51

Palatka51 New Member

ven·er·a·ble (vnr--bl)
    adj.
    1. Commanding respect by virtue of age, dignity, character, or position.
    2. Worthy of reverence, especially by religious or historical association: venerable relics.
    3. Venerable Abbr. Ven. or V.
    a. Roman Catholic Church Used as a form of address for a person who has reached the first stage of canonization.
    b. Used as a form of address for an archdeacon in the Anglican Church or the Episcopal Church.

Okay?!!

6. Martin Luther

Martin Luther New Member

That's not biblical. We are never given the right to kill men for our freedom, especially over taxation. We are told to OBEY the law that included the king George. The bible condemns these wicked murders, and cultist. There was nothing Christian about them, they were all idol worshiping Freemasons.

7. Martin Luther

Martin Luther New Member

Oops, I fixed it.

8. Palatka51

Palatka51 New Member

I will not derail this thread any further. However I respectfully disagree. If you want further discussion from me about this subject please start a new thread and I'll gladly oblige. :wavey:

9. Palatka51

Palatka51 New Member

vul·ner·a·ble
    Pronunciation:
    \ˈvəl-n(ə-)rə-bəl, ˈvəl-nər-bəl\
    Function:
    adjective
    Etymology:
    Late Latin vulnerabilis, from Latin vulnerare to wound, from vulner-, vulnus wound; probably akin to Latin vellere to pluck, Greek oulē wound
    Date:

1 : capable of being physically or emotionally wounded
    2 : open to attack or damage : assailable <vulnerable to criticism>

So you are saying that we are not to (as scripture mandates) wall our cities, build watchtowers or put "battlements" on our roofs?

10. Martin Luther

Martin Luther New Member

That's right. But I meant it more from a psychological perspective, but the same holds true for those who see the second amendment as securing our freedoms.

11. Palatka51

Palatka51 New Member

What, pray tell is your basis for this philosophy? Did not Christ even tell the 12 to buy swords?

12. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Maybe you should move back to the land of King George.

13. Martin Luther

Martin Luther New Member

And exactly where does the bible give Christians the right to kill for their freedoms? There are no personal freedoms guaranteed to all humans by God. Those who live in sin will live in bondage, and those who are humble servants may still live in bondage. We are to endure trials; we are to obey the froward boss. We are to suffer for wrongs even if we are not guilty. This is the Spirit of God, anything else is of the flesh.

14. Palatka51

Palatka51 New Member

ML,

Please answer my question, Why did Jesus tell His disciples to buy swords?

Freedoms are secured by blood. Jesus secured eternal freedom from sin by dying and sealed it with His resurrection. The founding fathers gave life and property to secure their freedom from an oppressive despot. The fact that king George III sent troops to further enslave them meant that they should have to take up arms. If this wasn't the will of God, we would still be a commonwealth of the Queen of England.

15. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Martin,
    You were previously asked to start a new thread on the movement of the discussion.

Please keep the rest of this on the OP.

16. rbell

rbell Active Member

You're the one who thinks the revolution was evil; thus, you have a moral obligation to move back to England.

17. rbell

rbell Active Member

Wow...since you put it like that...you're right...we should as a matter of course be deliberately stupid.

18. rbell

rbell Active Member

actually, in order to be intellectually consistent, you would have to assume that all new nations formed were thus rebellion.

Therefore, you should move to present-day Iraq...since that is probably the closest we can get to an original civilization.

I won't be holding my breath.

19. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

What are you talking about?

20. Martin Luther

Martin Luther New Member

I don't know what the implication was. Maybe He was referring to the Word of God. The fact is you can’t say Christ was implying for Christians to murder people for taxation. Freedoms are given by God, not by spilling someone’s blood. I wish we were still British citizens. Christians have been pawns in this satanic game. We have died for useless wars and have furthered the grasp of the one world order. The root of this "freedom" stems from disobedience and rebellion. We have served rebellion instead of humbling ourselves and looking to God to give us freedoms.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.