1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Independent Fundamental Baptist Preachers

Discussion in '2006 Archive' started by jch-singer, Jul 10, 2006.

1. jch-singer

jch-singer New Member

I was wanting to know if there is anybody who could tell me of some good IFB preachers to try to find to listen to, I like to listen to people like,

Jack Hyles
    Larry Brown
    Lester Roloff
    Bob Gray
    Brian McBride

Since I like those great preachers I was wanting to know if anybody would know of any others that I might like.:thumbs:

2. bapmom

bapmom New Member

Hi! Ya know, I know some Hensleys from Fairfield, CA.

You might like Mike or Mark Monty. I believe it is Mark who has sermons on "sermonaudio.com" (I think thats the name of the site)

Paul Chappell is another one.....he has a quieter style.

Im not sure who else is online.

:thumbs:

3. jch-singer

jch-singer New Member

David Gibbs is a very good preacher too.:thumbs:

4. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
  5. jch-singer

jch-singer New Member

I was talking about the Bob Gray from the Longview Baptist Temple, in Longview, TX.:thumbs:

#5 jch-singer, Jul 10, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 10, 2006
  6. James_Newman

James_Newman New Member

7. Preacher Boy88

Preacher Boy88 New Member

8. shannonL

shannonL New Member

I wouldn't walk across the street to hear Jack Shaap preach.

Can you say read a passage and depart from it? Or can you say brow beat, or brainwash or insult your congregation and call it preaching? I'm sorry but a fellow handed me a few of his tapes awhile back and I just thought that Jack was somewhere between ignorant and bizzare.

BTW, I caught one of Lester Roloff's sermons on the IFBN radio traveling up 77 last night. The man never read from the Bible once in almost 40 min. of preaching. All he had was a bunch of opinions and blah blah blah.

9. TheWinDork

TheWinDork New Member

Why? :confused:

#9 TheWinDork, Jul 11, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 11, 2006
  10. TheWinDork

TheWinDork New Member

Finally someone on this board who agrees with me! AMEN!

Amen! AMEN! and.... AMEN! :thumbs: :thumbsup:
    I couldn't have said it better myself...:D

-WTD

11. Pastor Larry

Pastor Larry <b>Moderator</b>
    Site Supporter

Well, listening to good IFB preachers would certainly be an improvement over these men. I would recommend some men like Mark Minnick and Dave Doran who know how to handle the Scriptures extremely well. It will be a breath of fresh air for your soul after listening to this kind of tripe for a while.

12. PrimePower7

PrimePower7 New Member

Wow!

I like Shannon's words. The truth is, Jack would walk accross for you to hear him.

I grew up in the movement and am still in it (the calm side of IFB). Sometimes I wish I weren't. I mean to tell you, it is a tuff thing to listen to the cookie cutter nonsense that pops out of Mecca (I mean Murfreesboro aka Sword of the Lord, or perhaps, Hammond, or Powell, TN or the other places that "are doing it the way it ought to be done")

Whoopdidoo!

It's enough to gag a horse!:laugh:

13. Paul1611

Paul1611 New Member

One of my favorites is Pastor James W. Knox in Deland Florida.
    www.jamesknox.com. He has many sermons and verse by verse studies available on the web site.

14. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Just a thought

The men you list below represent only one sub-sector of the IFB movement. The site I suggested have speakers from its neighbors. And I second the suggestion of Mark Minnick.:applause:

15. IFB Mole

IFB Mole New Member

There have been some great preachers mentioned here, most I know or heard them personally or have heard some sermon tapes. I agree with the names mentioned except Bob Gray form Texas - he is an IFBeXtremist.

I would add Ron Comfort, Tim Lee and Clerance Sexton. As a note David Gibbs is NOT a preacher he is a lawyer, though he is a wonderful public speaker for sure, he is, never the less, a lawyer. Unfortunately people loose sight of that and accuse the dear brother of going "liberal" because he speaks and defends "non Baptist" churches. That's because he is a L-A-W-Y-E-R defending religious liberties of CHRISTIANS not just us Baptists.

16. jch-singer

jch-singer New Member

David Gibbs claims that the Lord called him to preach, so just because his job is being a lawyer does not mean he can't be a God called preacher, right?:type:

17. IFB Mole

IFB Mole New Member

jch,

Wow never heard Bro. Gibbs say that, well still even though he may have been called, he never "responded" since he went to law school and became a very gifted lawyer and agreed he can preach though.

18. PrimePower7

PrimePower7 New Member

What? Never "responded"?

Just like Paul never "responded" when he continued making tents AND preached?

Careful, careful

19. jch-singer

jch-singer New Member

20. IFB Mole

IFB Mole New Member

Prime,

There is a HUGE difference between Paul and David Gibbs - careful, careful. (LOL!!) Paul did respond to the Lord on the road to Damascus and he occasionally made tents for sure, but he primarilly established churches and taught doctrine to the churches once established. Gibbs does the opposite - he occassionally preaches but primarilly is a LAYWER defending religious liberties for Christians. I don't know of him ever establishing churches, baptizing converts, administering the Lord's table etc. etc.

I would define Bro. Gibbs as primarilly a LAWYER that occasionally preaches, than a preacher that occasionally practices law.