1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Inerrancy

Discussion in '2003 Archive' started by Daniel Dunivan, Feb 1, 2003.

1. Baptist Believer

Baptist Believer Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Is this Preach or a Muslim speaking about the Koran. :rolleyes: [​IMG]

They believe the Word became book; we believe the Word became flesh.

Grace and Peace, Danny
    </font>[/QUOTE]Saved people believe that the Bible is the perfect revelation of and about God himself.
    </font>[/QUOTE]Yes. Some saved people believe this, but they are mistaken.

Hebrews 1

God's Final Word in His Son

1   God, after He spoke long ago to the fathers in the prophets in many portions and in many ways,
    2   in these last days has spoken to us in His Son, whom He appointed heir of all things, through whom also He made the world.
    3   And He is the radiance of His glory and the exact representation of His nature, and upholds all things by the word of His power.

Notice that Jesus is God's final and complete revelation to us. He is the "exact representation" of God's nature.

The Bible is God's written revelation to us. It is like a love letter that leads us to Christ and keeps us from falling into complete subjectivism.

I met Jesus when I was 14 years old at a "coffee house" ministry in Spring, Texas. I sensed God's presence long before that... Occasionally in church, but most often in nature and in the expression of love from my family and certain people in church. While the Bible was of great assistance to me (and still is), my experience with God was not mediated through the scripture.

Since my conversion, the Spirit of God indwells me and I commune with God in prayer and meditation. I also sense God's impulses in my life which lead me to do certain things for others when they are secretly in need. God often speaks to me through the scripture, and scripture is my guide for faith and practice, the Life that lives within me and through me is something that is distinct from scripture.

2. Daniel David

Daniel David New Member

1. Judging by the thread... [​IMG]

2. It is absolutely perfect. How can God's revelation be otherwise? :rolleyes:

3. You are missing the point. You cannot merely believe in your own imagined Jesus. Salvation comes from the actual Jesus. What do you know for sure about the Lord Jesus apart from Scripture?

4. Believing in inerrancy has nothing to do with this. Do you know someone who denies this?

3. Daniel Dunivan

Daniel Dunivan New Member

Preach,

What exactly do you think the content of revelation is? God himself or propositions about Him or all Being? Be careful how you answer or you may "reveal" a pocket-sized God.

Grace and Peace, Danny [​IMG]