1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Infant Baptism and John the Baptist

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by The Biblicist, Sep 14, 2012.

1. SovereignMercy

Faith:
    Baptist
    Judge not, LEST you be judged by your own judgement.

Just speaking the truth. You wilfully reject the clear truth of God. Of course, God will save you if it's His will just like He saved me, Paul and everyone else He has chosen to have mercy on.

2. Michael Wrenn

Michael Wrenn New Member

You wouldn't know the truth if it bit you -- and it will if you persist in false accusations.

3. The Biblicist

The Biblicist Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

My friend Michael is simply wearing blinders and ear plugs that are truth resistant. God will have to remove them from him because his sinful nature will not. oops, that is right, he don't beleive anyone is born with a sin nature!

4. Michael Wrenn

Michael Wrenn New Member

And you got that from where?

5. Michael Wrenn

Michael Wrenn New Member

Got to go for a while. Back later, God willing.

6. The Biblicist

Site Supporter

Your many, many posts that deny original sin!

7. Michael Wrenn

Michael Wrenn New Member

I deny it like the Latin West believes it.

8. Thinkingstuff

Thinkingstuff Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I don't think this is quite true. What Michael Wren seems to disagree with is the Augustinian view of original sin. My study of Eastern Orthodoxy to which Michael seems to lean leads me to believe he believes in what is better known as ancestrial sin. As the saying goes "the devil is in the details". So the details are as follows. The East believes that individual sin or amartema of Adam and Eve are assigned to them soley. They hold full responsibility for their actions. Whereas by ancestrial sin (original sin) they believe is amartia or specifically defined as missing the mark which reflects the condition of humanity. Therefore what is inhereted from Adam and Eve is not the guilt of Adam's and Eve's sin but the consiquence of death. Ie man is born with the nature of death within his being. Man has this diseased condition. Whereas Augustine's model of original sin includes the guilt of Adam's sin is passed on as well. Where as in the Eastern view each man is only responsible for his own sin thus Adam's actions applies only to him save that he lead humanity into the corruption of death. Anyway thats how I view the Orthodox position and Michaels position of originial sin

9. Michael Wrenn

Michael Wrenn New Member

You are essentially correct.

And the Augustinian model is held my much of evangelicalism.

#29 Michael Wrenn, Sep 18, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 18, 2012
  10. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    what did paul mean that in Adam ALL were made sinners, but those in christ were made alive again?

NOT physical birth, had to be spiritual!

11. The Biblicist

Site Supporter

I don't disagree with your historical assessment. I just disagree it is the "Biblical" view and thus it is not "orthodox" in that sense of the word. It is not only wrong but necessarily leads to other false doctrines that effect the whole soteriology of a person or institution and necessarily repudiates the whole Biblical doctrine of salvation from stern to bow.

Biblical Salvation is in response to the Biblically correct problem that requires salvation in the first place. If the problem is changed, perverted and misinterpreted then by necessity it also perverts, changes the nature of the salvation as the salvation is suited for the problem or it is no salvation at all.