1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Inferred arguments

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by The Biblicist, Dec 17, 2011.

1. The Biblicist

The Biblicist Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Dear Reader,

Those who deny infants are sinners by nature from the womb or what is self-evident exhibitions of immoral attitudes and actions without personal volition choice and without training, cannot answer what is the source of such immoral attitudes and actions.

Instead they either (1) change the subject; (2) deny the obvious; (3) turn to scriptures they can INFER to deny the obvious!

Here are some texts they simply use to deny the obvious rather than answer the question:

"Then were there brought unto him little children, that he should put his hands on them, and pray: and the disciples rebuked them. But Jesus said, Suffer little children, and forbid them not, to come unto me: for of such is the kingdom of heaven" (Mt.19:13-14).[/QUOTE]

Of course the preceding context means nothing to these persons! In Matthe 18 Jesus introduces little children as illustrative of how ADULT apostles should act as SPIRITUAL CHILDREN OF GOD in the kingdom of heaven ON EARTH (Mt. 18:1-4).

Hence, the metaphorical use of little children as been established in the preceding context to illustrate all of God's saints as SPIRITUAL CHILDREN in the kingdom of heaven ON EARTH.

There is no inference that infants do not come into this world with a sinless pure nature! They come into the world with a sin nature that is obvious to any parent. They exhibit anger, wrath, selfishness, deceit, etc., without rational decision or training but simply by NATURE from birth!

"Lo, children are an heritage of the LORD: and the fruit of the womb is his reward" (Ps.127:3).

Life comes from God and children are an heritage of the Lord in many ways especially for Jews.

1. They perpetuate the family inheritance of land
    2. They provide workers to ease the work in daily living
    3. Son's perpetuate the Father's line

There is no inference that infants do not come into this world with a sinless pure nature! They come into the world with a sin nature that is obvious to any parent. They exhibit anger, wrath, selfishness, deceit, etc., without rational decision or training but simply by NATURE from birth!

"For thou hast possessed my reins: thou hast covered me in my mother's womb. I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvellous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well" (Ps.139:13-14).

He is simply characterizing the marvelous ANATOMY of man fashioned in the womb by God. The human being is fearfully and wonderfully made by God and it is still an amazement in its mature form to modern science!

All these texts simply CHANGE THE SUBJECT, do not answer the question from what source do the moral attitudes and actions self-evident in infants originate?

Instead, of giving an answer, these verses are used to deny the self-evident attitudes and actions even exist in infants and are attempts to run as fast as they can from attempting to give a rational and Biblical answer to the origin of such atttitudes and actions in infants!

The fact that infants without rational volition or training exhibit NATURALLY attitudes and actions that by all Biblical standards are IMMORAL proves that such texts cannot be used or intepreted to deny that such immoral attitudes and actions express the NATURE of man from birth, as such are self-evident truths.

#1 The Biblicist, Dec 17, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 17, 2011