1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Influx of illegals

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Judith, Jul 13, 2014.

1. pinoybaptist

pinoybaptist Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    most parts of Californication, for instance....

2. Judith

Judith Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Like I said I agree with you on her appearance. I would make this suggestion. Contact her and voice your disaproval, as well as let her know you agree with what she said. I did and I do with any such issues. I have contaced severaql of our local stations about the women flaunting their bodies and point out to them if men came in with shirts open to the same place as women and showing hairy chests there wouod be an out cry. I really do not care what the cuilture is doing, just what is right in the sight of the Lord and I hold no crack front or back. Also just last week one of the stations in my area had a female anchor was flashing her undies in her short skirt as she sat in front of the camera. I contaced them about that. I do it as polite as I can, but I do not gloss it over either. I think if enough complain in the proper spirit things will change. I know this last Sunday morning she was not sporting that short dress.

3. thisnumbersdisconnected

I was referring to this one:
    Now, since you've admitted that New York fashion is not as bad as in some places, I'd suggest that your reference to her dress as disqualifying her comments is still prejudicial and insulting to women. I don't know what you wrote the first time, but Judith saw it and as a woman called you to task for it.

Perhaps you need to examine your attitude a bit? Just a brotherly question, nothing more.

Now that I have noticed how she's dressed -- the Fox headline bar that describes her comments hides much of the objectionable v-neck -- I agree she could be more conservatively dressed. But the truth is, whether anyone wants to believe it or not, I don't notice anyone but my wife, so it isn't a problem for me. If she wants to deliver her commentary dressed like that, so what? I really don't care, and the fact is, no one else should either.

If men feel the need to comment on a woman's attire as being, from the man's viewpoint, "provocative," then the issue is the man's, not the woman's. After all, it isn't the woman who is being "provoked."

4. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Two points:

1. Perhaps you should tell me what my attitude should be. Second thought...don't. I suspect that you would do it with relish.

I do not believe you are asking "just a brotherly question". For whatever reason, at times I have sensed that you have a personal problem with me. If you do, then PM me or put me on ignorant and be done with it.

2. It may be that I am not as far as you are on my Christian walk. I do not need those who are holier growling at me because I have not attained their level.

So far you have seemed to miss my point. I doubt that you will get it now, so fire away.