1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Info On ACCS?

Discussion in 'Baptist Colleges & Seminaries' started by Martin, Apr 11, 2005.

1. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Has American Christian College and Seminary closed their doors?

I know they lost their accrediation and now there webpage is gone.

Anybody know anything?

Talk about falling from grace! Wow I have never seen a school fall so fast.

Martin.

2. PatsFan

PatsFan New Member

I found this entry in degreeinfo.com on 1/24/05 written by a 2001 graduate of ACCS. I thought people might find it informative:

Update on ABCS/ACCS
    I spoke with Dr. Fred Hambrick, president of American Christian College and Seminary, during a recent visit to Hillsdale Free Will Baptist College in Moore, Oklahoma, for my initial on-campus meeting with the students in the online courses I teach. I am both delighted and proud that Hillsdale, at which I have taught since 1994, has opened its facilities to ACCS -- from which I graduated in 2001 -- in a gesture of Christian charity and goodwill. Hillsdale is accredited by TRACS, as ACCS was until losing accreditation last year.

Dr. Hambrick told me that the present incarnation of ACCS will come to an end after the teach-out of students is completed in May. He expects ACCS to declare bankruptcy in February and the school will eventually be dissolved.

However, the current ACCS board is committed to providing graduate-level theological educational opportunities in the Oklahoma City area. The plan is to organize a new school -- perhaps named Oklahoma Theological Seminary -- and offer strictly a seminary curriculum. The new school will not offer undergraduate degrees, as ABCS/ACCS did.

Dr. Hambrick said that TRACS officials have left the door open to work with the board as it organizes the new school and seeks future accreditation. The remaining faculty and staff of ACCS are equally committed to this vision for a new school and are virtually working for free to achieve it.

For those of us who believe that ABCS/ACCS had potential which went sadly unrealized, this is good news indeed. Let us pray that this new venture will be successful and that Oklahoma Theological Seminary may rise, Phoenix-like, from the ashes of ABCS/ACCS.

3. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist