1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

info on making this a tract.

Discussion in '2005 Archive' started by jim62, Apr 21, 2005.

1. jim62

jim62 New Member

When I was 20 months old my father killed my mother, she died at age 21 in 1964. My mothers, mom took me and did the best she could being a alcoholic.

I was in the room when it happened, she had her back to him, getting me ready to go over her friends house. my mom's mother tolled me one story, But when I was 26 years old, my moms friend tolled me the true story of how they found me playing, covered head to toe in my moms blood.

I was abused alot as a child. I quit school 9th grade, got a job at a clothing factory,in south NJ. That's were I met a sweet lady, that for 3 months tryed telling me about Jesus. And for 3 months, I put her off, till one day I got to work, and just like other days, she talked about Jesus, but this time her words HIT me.
    And at the age of 18 I came to know Christ as my saviour, that was 24 years ago. most of my family is with the Lord, I know, I told them about Jesus and they took him by faith, and the finished work, of what he did on the cross.
    Today I have a prison ministry, mostly death row, and them doing life. I started the ministry after having my little girl that had 8 brain surgerys starting at age 5 months, now shes 7 years old and doing great. This is just a small part of what God has blessed me through. Thank you Lord!

For most of you that know the story about my father killing my mother, I never told you what happened to my father. When I was a young teenager, 13 or 14, I wanted to do to him what he did to my mother. As I got older, people talked me out of it. I had a lot of questions and most of my family was dead. So I went back to the courts and found some old records that led to newspaper clippings. The papers said he was supposed to get no more than 25 years and no less than 20 years. He was out in about 13.

I had the chance to witness to him (tell him about Jesus) and he didn’t want to hear it. So I just left him some tracts and told him to read them in his spare time. He moved up to Portland, Maine (from NJ) wanting to start his life over. His record dated back to being a juvenile.

One night he was flashing around 1500 dollars to a co-worker who was also a drug addict, and the addict asked my dad if he could borrow some money. My dad said no because he already owed him money as it was. The addict pulls out a knife and cuts my dad’s juggler vein, throws a pillow over his head, then stabs him two times in the heart. This happened just before that 25 years would have been up. So where man failed God took care of it and saw that justice was done.

I was not saved when I was thinking of doing that to my dad, he took my mom away from me. age 18 I got saved, and the Lord gave me the understanding, of how my dad was in foster-homes as a child, thats how I was able to forgive him, and tell him about Jesus. The Lord took away the hurt, and gave me Acts 16:31b- thou shalt be saved, and THY HOUSE.

God’s Purpose: Peace and Life
    God loves you and wants you to experience peace and life – abundant and eternal. The Bible says, “I have come that they may have life, and have it more abundantly.” (John 10:10) Why don’t most people have this peace and abundant life that God planned for us to have?

The Problem: Our Separation
    God created us in His own image to have a full life. He did not make us like robots to automatically love and obey Him. God gave us a will and freedom of choice. We choose to disobey God and go our own way. This results in separation from God. The Bible says “For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God.” (Romans 3:23), AND “For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.” (Romans 6:23) Our choice results in separation from God.

Our Attempts to Reach God
    People have tried many ways to bridge this gap between themselves and God. The Bible says, “But your iniquities have separated you from your God; your sins have hidden his face from you, so that he will not hear.” (Isaiah 59:2) No bridge reaches God…except one.

God’s Bridge: The Cross
    Jesus Christ died on the Cross and rose from the grave. He paid the penalty for our sin and bridged the gap between God and people. The Bible says, “But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.” (Romans 5: God has provided the only way… but each person must make a choice.

Our Response: Receive Christ
    We must trust Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior and receive Him by personal invitation. The Bible says, “That if you confess with your mouth ‘Jesus is Lord,’ and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.” (Romans 10:9) Where are you?

Will you receive Jesus Christ right now?
    Here is how you can receive Christ:
    Admit your need. (I am a sinner.)
    Be willing to turn from your sins (Repent.)
    Believe that Jesus Christ died for you on
    the Cross and rose from the grave.
    Through prayer, invite Jesus Christ to come in
    and control your life through the Holy Spirit.
    (Receive Him as Lord and Savior.)

How to pray:
    Dear Lord Jesus: I know that I am a sinner and need Your forgiveness. I believe that You died for my sins. I want to turn from my sins. I now invite You to come into my heart and life. I want to trust and follow you as Lord and Savior.

God’s Assurance: His Word
    If you prayed this prayer, the Bible says “Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.” (Romans 10:13) This is just the beginning of a wonderful new life in Christ. To deepen this relationship you should: Read your Bible every day to know Christ better. Talk to God in prayer every day. Tell others about Christ. Worship, fellowship and serve with other Christians in a church where Christ is preached. As Christ’s representative in a needy world, demonstrate your new life by your love and concern for others.

2. JackRUS

JackRUS New Member

I like the fact that you make a point and then back it up with Scripture. Remember, faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the Word of God. Rom. 10:17. This is always the best way to give the Gospel.

I would'nt tell them though that if they say that prayer they have the assurance of salvation. Some do and some don't. Only God knows the heart. Never tell anyone that until you see the fruit of the Holy Spirit made manifest in their lives without any doubt. That is hard to do when either passing out or leaving tracts.

Two things to look for in a new true believer is a desire to read Scripture and a new found love for other Christians. 1 John 3:14

3. Craigbythesea

Craigbythesea Active Member

Amen!

[​IMG]