1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ingredients Anybody?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by gekko, Apr 30, 2008.

1. gekko

gekko New Member

hey - mmm.

what makes a person a christian?
    what makes a christian a christian?

is it the sinner's prayer..and that's all?

-- keep a friend of mine in prayer - he used to be an atheist.
    and now just last week - actually this monday he announced that he's accepted God's gift. the whole deal - you know what i mean.

it's exciting, yes.
    but in our group of friends - skepticism has arisen.
    with our friend having been atheist for so long - and now come to Christ - almost seems unreal.
    personally i've never had a close friend come to Christ.. never really had non-christian friends either.

like... are you a christian from the moment you say the 'sinner's prayer'?
    how does this work?

2. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

You are a Christian the second you repent of your sins and accept Jesus into your heart.

It is not up to the skeptics to judge someone's salvation. That is God's job.

3. TaliOrlando

TaliOrlando New Member

I am so happy to hear that. That is awesome news!!!

Well, i dont think that just reciting a prayer will save you. If you go on and knock on all of your neighboors doors, most will say they are Christians simply because they said a prayer one in their life times. I personally think the sinners prayer is followed by repentence. We must repent... which is a supernatural work of God. Thats why Jesus died on the cross for to save us all. If we pray that prayer with an open heart that truly believes that Jesus died on that cross to pay the price for our sins and repent of our previous lifestyle and its sins then I believe you are saved.

I can only speak for myself here but the moment I accepted Jesus as my personal saviour and did it with truthfulness and with an honest heart with repentance. I felt a dramatic change. I couldnt stop crying just thinking about all of the things I had done and how Jesus just wiped them all away. It was awesome, since that point in time inmediate when I am about to sin or have sinned the Holy Spirit tugs me and I know I have done something wrong and Holy Spirit is always there molding us to become more like Christ. Its awesome and I hope your friend did this from the heart.

Its like the prodical son story, his brother was upset when he came home and the father honored him and stuff. Many will talk alot of junk, they did about me. In fact many family members of mine still think its fake :laugh: . All many can talk about is the drugs I used to sell, use and give away. All many can talk about is how I used to steal and get in fights.

Continue to pray for him and lend him support. Ask him if he has any questions and have some bible study with him to help him get those answers. Help him build a relationship with God. He is an awesome Father and its a beautiful thing when you have a relationship with God.