1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Input on R.B. Thieme

Discussion in 'Books & Publications Forum' started by Dr. Bob, Jan 11, 2003.

1. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    R.B.Thieme and the Barachah Church in Houston had a far-reaching tape ministry during the 60-70's. Have heard lots of negative, but need for some "in the know" to share insights on the man and ministry. Thanks.

2. Aki

Aki Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    hi Dr. Bob!

i think a very good resource to read with regards to Rev. Thieme's teaching is that of Joe Layton Wall, which is accessible in this site:
    Bob Thieme's Teachings on Christian Living

Colonel Thieme's ministry is in fact on-giong - internationally - until now. Berachah Chruch website

there are readings which give convincing points as against to specific teachings of Thieme while there are also convincing teachings of Rev. Thieme himself.

i learned much from him.

3. Bob Alkire

Bob Alkire New Member

AKI, Very good!!!

4. Alliswell

Alliswell New Member

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Our church is just a couple of hours drive from Houston, so we could hear him on Radio back then, and his ideas became quite popular among the 'preachers in training' who often came to our country church.

He did lead Hal Lindsey to the Lord abd was his pastor and mentor as a new Christian.

There were two points that he made quite often that I could not fully agree with.

One was, NEVER confess your sins publicly. It will cause all kinds of problems in a church for you to do that. Confess to God only.

Well, he was contradicting brother James who wrote in the Scripture, "Confess your trespasses to one another and pray for one another that you may be healed;---------"James 5

Another teaching that appeared wherever in the Bible his teaching was coming from, was that of God's men falling in and out of fellowship.

Now we do that, all of us, but some of his illustrations where he was judging men of God in the Bible just seemed to me to be going too far.

One example I remember was about when Elijah, after his great victory on Mt. Carmel, fled from Jezebel's wrath, he was judged 'out of fellowship' with the Lord. 1 Kings 19

At that time, the Lord was feeding him with angel's cooking and speaking to him in a still small voice, and giving him new work to do??? We all should be so 'out of fellowship'.

During that time all the visiting preachers knew of a man of God who became 'totally out of fellowship' with the Lord.

I sound like a harsh critic, but at the time, I just 'felt uncomfortable' but didn't cause any stir over it.

God bless!!! [​IMG]