1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

input

Discussion in 'Computers & Technology Forum' started by Overdose, Jan 16, 2002.

1. Overdose

Overdose New Member

Check out the site I made for our church,it's not done. Give some input back and lemme know if ya like... 3 links work.
    Peace,
    OD
    Indian land baptist

2. Kellisa

Kellisa New Member

Looks good, you just might want to capitalize Christ in the second sentance. Like the picture at the bottom.

3. Kellisa

Kellisa New Member

Here I am telling you to capitalize Christ and I can't even spell sentence :rolleyes: :eek: [​IMG] :D

4. Overdose

Overdose New Member

Thx I will fix :eek:
    Peace,
    OD

5. Larry

Larry Member
    Site Supporter

The picture of Jesus? That’s just plain offensive. Please read Acts 17:29-30

6. Naomi

Naomi New Member

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Larry:
    The picture of Jesus? That’s just plain offensive. Please read Acts 17:29-30<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Larry,
    What is your intrepretation of this scripture?
    I am not offended by this picture at all, I guess I am trying to figure out where you are coming from....
    Naomi [​IMG]

7. Overdose

Overdose New Member

sorry I dont follow here... I mean that pic is of some stained glass window. I read the scripture u left in your post, and Iam sorry if it offended you bro.
    Peace,
    OD

8. Naomi

Naomi New Member

I thought he was refering to the one of Jesus' back, with the quote "read between the lines".

Naomi [​IMG]

9. Optional

Optional New Member

Dear Larry,
    Jesus doesn't need a lawyer.
    Thanks

Nice tight site. Very clean and classy.

[ January 19, 2002: Message edited by: Optional ]

10. Clint Kritzer

Clint Kritzer Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I like it OD! If you want to dress it up some, there are a number of free resources available for backgrounds and graphics. Try Flumby's or Valerie's. Of course this is personal preference. I also checked your html source and saw that you have not filled in any meta-tags. If you decide to go on any search engines, you will need these. They go at the top of your code between &lt;head&gt; and &lt;/head&gt; and give the robots something to look for. If you're unfamiliar with this process, try going to Scrub the Web.On the subject of search engines, Google is free to submit to. MSN and AOL offer free submission for non profit organizations but it takes a LONG time to get on there.
    If you wondered how I checked your source, simply go to a web page, set your cursor anywhere but an image or a link, right click and go to "view source" and there it be!
    I would also add BaptistTop1000 to your site to give it a wider audience. Also, you can list it with Church Angel which is an national directory. Make sure they get your URL! They jazz them up something fierce!
    If you add a guestbook, make sure that it is from a Christian source! HTML Gear and Bravenet have some less than family oriented banners and pop-ups that could really embarass your church. I use Free Christian Hosting.
    Saggywoman once suggested to another member that their was nothing on the site for those seeking salvation, so right at the top I added the same Sword of the Lord page that you find here on the BB.
    If I think of more, I'll post more.

May God bless you

- Clint

Oh, yeah! my church website is at Fork Union Baptist Church. Feel free to steal anything you wish! LOL

11. Barnabas H.

Barnabas H. <b>Oldtimer</b>

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thanks for that valuable and wealth of information Brother Clint! I copied the info for future references, as someday I'd like to create a family website of my own. [​IMG]

12. Clint Kritzer

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Mr. Halo -

If you are looking to create a website, Kathy once posted a thread on just that topic back last October at http://www.baptistboard.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=27&t=000067 in the member's private forum. There are some good resources there as well! If you EVER need any help with this, please feel free to e-mail me.

- Clint

One other thought I had for you, OD is that a feedback loop is always good. You can set up a free e-mail for your church at
    BaptistMail.com.

[ January 19, 2002: Message edited by: Clint Kritzer ]

13. Barnabas H.

Barnabas H. <b>Oldtimer</b>

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thanks for the follow up. I may just do that and call upon you, when I am good and ready. [​IMG]

14. Overdose

Overdose New Member

Thx for the help guys and gals... Will fix the meta tags, I've just worked on the site when I got a free minute or two. Hopefully I'll finish it in a week or two. Going to get my domain name this week, then a host maybe. Iam going to put the plan of salvation under the "hope" link at the top as well. Thx again all for your help and input. [​IMG]
    Peace,
    OD

15. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Only suggestion I have (and I haven't had my wife look at your site yet; she's usually my "sanity check" for the sites I create): I had to guess where to look for the address and directions. "Information" might seem obvious, but it's not.

How long did this page take most people to load? I'm using a cable modem, and it came up pretty quick; how about for those using a standard 33.6k or 56k connection? Most people won't stick around if it takes longer than 8 seconds to load.

Oh, and why the pop-up windows? Is that because of the hosting service you're using?

[ January 20, 2002: Message edited by: Don ]

16. Overdose

Overdose New Member

I guess putting directions on the first page might be better... great suggestion thx. Keep'em coming, Iam a newbie to web design. lol :eek:
    Yes Iam on a free server now, might be moving to a host soon. Iam doing all this for free,not alot of $$$ it's a small church.
    Peace,
    OD

[ January 20, 2002: Message edited by: ovrdose ]

17. Clint Kritzer

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ovrdose -

I have yet to put a penny into my website either with the exception of $2.50 to a search engine submission service, but that wasn't even worth it. Whenever you're looking for a source for something free, use Google. Because they are free to submit to, many free sources use them. They tie into a few other engines too. I get a LOT of hits from Google! If you hit a snag, post here or e-mail me and we'll see if we can work it out. You may also want to get some reasonable graphics software for changing image sizes and file types. I REALLY like Irfanview for this.When I first started doing the web design, it took me HOURS to do a page. Now I can whip them off in no time. It gets much easier as you gain experience.

- Clint

18. Clint Kritzer

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Bumped up for the new "Website Design/Development" forum. [​IMG]