1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

INS Raids met with Anger, Cheers

Discussion in '2006 Archive' started by carpro, Dec 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    http://apnews.myway.com/article/20061213/D8LVTD7O0.html

Raids in 6 States Met With Anger, Cheers

Dec 13, 5:31 AM (ET)

By KIM NGUYEN

GREELEY, Colo. (AP) - Outside a meatpacking plant fence here, a frustrated Tony Garcia watched as Immigration and Customs Enforcement agents swarmed inside.
    "We need help," he yelled to them. "We need answers."

There were few of those Tuesday as agents began their initial sweep through Swift & Co. plants in six states, arresting illegal immigrants who had bought or stolen other people's identities to help them get Swift jobs.

2. pinoybaptist

pinoybaptist Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  3. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    ttp://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/2006-12-13-immigration_x.htm?POE=NEWISVA

By Donna Leinwand, USA TODAY

WASHINGTON — More than 1,200 people were arrested for alleged immigration violations in Tuesday's six-state raid on meat processing plants and about 65 of them face criminal charges, including identity theft, Homeland Security Secretary Michael Chertoff said today.

Federal officials said Operation Wagon Train netted 1,282 individuals, the largest such crackdown on illegal immigration at a single worksite.

"This is not only a case about illegal immigration, which is bad enough," Chertoff said at a news conference in Washington. "It's a case about identity theft and violation of the privacy rights and the economic rights of innocent Americans."

4. av1611jim

av1611jim New Member

Taken from the article;

(quote)"Immigration officials last month informed Swift that it would remove unauthorized workers on Dec. 4, but Swift asked a federal judge to prevent agents from conducting the raid, arguing it would cause "substantial and irreparable injury" to its business. Swift estimated that a raid would remove up to 40 percent of its 13,000 workers. After a closed hearing, a judge on Thursday rejected Swift's request, clearing the way for the raids." (unquote)

Swift says "we don't knowingly hire illegals" out of one side of their mouth and out of the other side they say that the raids would remove 40 PERCENT!!! of their workforce.

And some whinybutt comes along and says what about the children? I say it is NOT MY RESPONSIBLITY to care for these peoples' kids. They should have had the sense to know what would happen to their kids WHENthey got caught committing a felony.

I say .....HOORAHHHH!!!! for the INS.

5. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

Key word is "alleged"

6. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

Do you have your green card?

Then I would say, "HOORAHHHH!!!! for the INS" if they locked you up.

Been there and watched them 'arrest' citizens (and regularly threaten citizens) because they did not have 'proper' identification. Been there - and that is one t-shirt that I am glad I did not get.

But, I 'might' come visit you in jail.

;)

7. jonathanbensaul

jonathanbensaul New Member

The only downside to this story is that 1282 is not even a drop in the bucket. And how many more of these will there be. I doubt nearly enough to do any good.

8. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    ==These people never cease to amaze me. They come to our country illegally, and then claim not to be criminals. They claim to be decent, hardworking people, then they want to stay in our country which is also illegal and, all the while, still claiming that they are not criminals. When they are caught breaking the law, they claim it is wrong for law enforcement to arrest them (etc).

Well if they don't like our laws then they should not come here.

If I was in charge here is the policy I would put in place...All illegals, presently in country, would be given a grace period of 60 days to leave the country or start the citizenship process (which they must complete). After the 60 day "grace" period there would be a massive law enforcement operation. Any illegals caught during that operation would be put into a database, deported to their home country, and never be allowed to return to the United States, for any reason, or length of time. Any, and all, illegals caught trying to cross the borders would face the exact same fate plus 60 days in jail. Any American employeer who knowingly hires illegals should face a $200,000 fine and (not or) up to 5 years in prison. That would create a situation in which the jobs for illegals would dry up because it would be too risky to hire them.

#8 Martin, Dec 14, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 14, 2006
  9. Petra-O IX

Petra-O IX Active Member

Well excuse us for wanting to protect our sovreignty of this great nation. This wouldn't be a problem had they followed the legal route . As usual this is a case where the misdeeds of a few or more have affected those who have come here and abided in our laws.[/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]

10. hillclimber1

hillclimber1 Active Member
    Site Supporter

Remember the situational ethics theme that was going around in the 70's? This immigration issue reminds me of that. Too many twists that tangle right and wrong.

We see some of these men, desperately seeking employment to provide for their families, not finding it in Mexico, for example, and discovering the immigration policy of the US a nightmare to overcome. They are encouraged by their own government, who has a vested interest in their success, to sneak across the border. Then, mostly desiring to stay under the radar, they go on with life trying to live the American dream, mostly at jobs Americans don't particularily want. Then some fools start hollering for the rights of these "illegals" and the light is shone on the immigration issue. Now we are demanding fixes for this problem ranging from slapping their hands to ultimate deportation. Add to that the political ramafications.

A situation that has no just remedy

11. FBCPastorsWife

FBCPastorsWife New Member

I'd vote for ya in a heartbeat! :thumbsup:

12. hillclimber1

hillclimber1 Active Member
    Site Supporter

While this seems reasonable to many of us, it is never, never,never going to happen. There are far too many potential voters represented. The Democrats are already positioned as the savior of the illegal immigrant, and they'll strum that tune till the cows come home, making it impossible for the Republicans to seek a just solution. This whole thing is simply going to blow over in a bit, just like it has before.

13. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    http://www.cnsnews.com/ViewNation.asp?Page=/Nation/archive/200612/NAT20061219a.html

Hispanic Legal Group Condemns Holiday Immigration Raids
    By Randy Hall
    CNSNews.com Staff Writer/Editor
    December 19, 2006

EXCERPT

(CNSNews.com) - A group of Hispanic legal professionals Monday condemned the raids conducted last week seeking illegal immigrants at six Swift and Company facilities, calling for a moratorium on similar actions that "entrap on the basis of race or color."

14. faithgirl46

faithgirl46 Active Member
    Site Supporter

And the Democrats will claim that the Republicans are cruel, narrow minded and don't care about the illegals.
    Faithgirl

#14 faithgirl46, Dec 19, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 19, 2006
  15. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

I say we fine the representatives of our country that sent our jobs overseas.

Instead of sacrificing our tax money to support foreign countries, they should have kept those jobs in the Americas as promised . . . we would not have an illegal immigration problem. And the 'customer care' representatives that I spoke with would have spoken ENGLISH.

And we would not have a tax debt . . .

16. Petra-O IX

Petra-O IX Active Member

AMERICAS??? Don't you mean America, El Guero, as in The United States of America?

17. av1611jim

av1611jim New Member

Don't need a green card pal. I have my birth certificate. US born and bred. How about you? You seem to be defending committing felonious entrance to this country. Got your card pal?

18. av1611jim

av1611jim New Member

But it CAN be overcome. Ask any of the other millions who HAVE overcome the red tape and are now citizens of this country. Just because it takes some time to do; that does not give anybody the right or obligation or even excuse to circumvent our laws.

You want folks to come here to excape their own oppressive government and economy? Then why don't you sponsor some of them? LEGALLY!

Why is it that some folks just don't get it? The ISSUE is one of LAW!!!!!!!
    Any society which disregards the rule of law in favour of emotional pleas has doomed itself into extinction.

19. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    http://www.rockymountainnews.com/drmn/local/article/0,1299,DRMN_15_5215724,00.html

Loss for one is another's gain

By Fernando Quintero, Rocky Mountain News
    December 15, 2006

GREELEY - The line of applicants hoping to fill jobs vacated by undocumented workers taken away by immigration agents at the Swift & Co. meat-processing plant earlier this week was out the door Thursday.

Among them was Derrick Stegall, who carefully filled out paperwork he hoped would get him an interview and eventually land him a job as a slaughterer. Two of his friends had been taken away by Immigration and Customs Enforcement agents and he felt compelled to fill their rubber boots.

20. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

Sounds good . . . who stamped your family 'authorized' to enter this country?

Did a native american . . . stamp it?

So, how do you define God given right and wrong? The manner with which America was taken from the natives was not in accord with the law of God.

Sounds like you think it is ok to punish the native americans . . .

You can try to punish me if ya' want . . . You would not be free in this country if my family had not helped make it that way. I will not tread on their graves and say: "The way you got to this country was not 'good' enough." Especially since your policies are letting in muslims . . . "Keep out native americans, and let in foreigners."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.