1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Inspiration in various languages

Discussion in '2004 Archive' started by NaasPreacher (C4K), Aug 6, 2004.

1. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

For those who beleive that God inspired the KJV.

Does He do the same in every language? Is there a perfect Spanish, French, German, Swedish, Dutch, Tugaloo, etc. Bible.

Or, did God ONLY give English speakers a perfect Bible?

2. Anti-Alexandrian

Well I think the answer to that is obvious...Yes,God inspired His word in other languages.

I just reject the ones that were translated from Egyptian/Catholic/Jesuit/dark-age mss.Just as quickly as I reject the ones in English.
    My position is not unique,as Church history reflects.

3. NaasPreacher (C4K)

Do you reject other language versions translated from the KJV?

How do we detect which foreign language versions God "inpsired"?

4. Lacy Evans

Lacy Evans New Member

C4K I could reword your question.

Does He do the same in every language? Is there a perfect Spanish, French, German, Swedish, Dutch, Tugaloo, etc. Bible.

Or, did God ONLY give 1st century Greek speakers a perfect Bible?

What is the difference? If The KJV is a "perfect translation, then use the Bibles you have now in foreign languages or carefully and prayerfully translate new ones. But when there is a question, refer to the one that has proven itself with an overwhelming abundance of fruit.

Lacy

5. NaasPreacher (C4K)

That is such a subjective standard.

Which Spanish Bible did God inspire?
    Which French Bible did God inspire?
    Which Irish language Bible did God inspire?
    Which Chinese Bible did God inspire?

What concrete evidence do we have that God inspired the KJV?

Is your test "abundance of fruit?" I am afraid that if we checked the stats a version I do not like, the NIV, would be a very "fruit bearing" translation in the English speaking world.

It is difficult to even buy a KJV in the Irish Republic or even Northern Ireland. Does that mean that God is withdrawing His Word?

6. superdave

superdave New Member

C4K, these two related threads are downright scary.

Ethnocentrism at its worst.

We of course being the new chosen people of God deserve to have the only preserved word of God. I guess we should just stop all mission works in countries where the people have not been given the gift of English speaking by the Holy Spirit. They clearly are not among the elect of God if they cannot understand his very Word! :rolleyes:

Or perhaps we could pray for a return of biblical tongues, than these folks could be lazy, go overseas, never learn a language and preach from the beloved KJV, and the folks in tanzania would hear it in their native tribal languages.

I am continuously amazed at the power of satan do divide the peoples of God.

7. NaasPreacher (C4K)

I am amazed that want I thought was almost sarcasm has been admitted to as a thought.

I asked in the other thread (with no answer yet).

If the Bible is only in English, and faith comes by hearing and hearing by the Word of God, I must assume that only English speakers can be saved?

8. natters

natters New Member

My best friend speaks four languages (English, French, Italian, Czech). She is a professional translator (not Bible-related though), and has a Masters degree in translation. She thinks the idea of word-accurate translation between languages for any document of significant size is ridiculous, for differences in grammar, concepts, idioms, etc. make it impossible - sometimes words can be directly translated, but often a preservation of the thought is the only way to translate from one language to another. She thinks I'm completely wasting my time talking to KJV-onlyists, especially those who speak only English and have absolutely no clue about how translation actually works. I agree, but I think it is still kind of fun. [​IMG]

9. Johnv

Johnv New Member

That would be the Geneva Bible. The existence of the US colonies was the direct result of the Geneva. It could also be the Guterburg bible. It was the common man's universal Bible in Europe for years.

10. NaasPreacher (C4K)

Amen John - either of those would qualify. The Geneva Bible is the Bible America was founded on.

11. Askjo

Askjo New Member

Disagree.

12. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    And as frustrated I get at the evil and pernicious error, I stay in the discussion to try to steer younger believers away from falling into this false sect.

It is not a game. I believe that this is a dangerous attack on fundamental Christianity and must be stopped.

13. EaglewingIS4031

EaglewingIS4031 New Member

My in-laws are United Pentecostal. I believe that they are an anti-Trinitarian cult. The UPC is KJVO.
    My wife and were visiting their church about a year ago when they had some foreign missionaries speaking and sharing PowerPoint slides of their work in East Africa. They said "One of the first things we do when we get to a village in Kenya or Nigeria or some other country is we teach the people how to speak English so that they can understand the King James Bible."

My brother in-law went on a Mexican mission trip, last spring in the Yucatan, with members from several UPC chruches. He stayed about two weeks he said that they "saw Hundreds of pepole get the Holy Gost, and now some permanant missonaries were staying for about 2 years to teach them English so they can read the Bible."

[ August 07, 2004, 07:18 AM: Message edited by: EaglewingIS4031 ]

14. NaasPreacher (C4K)

Unreal - what can I say?

15. EaglewingIS4031

EaglewingIS4031 New Member

No! It's real!!
    They teach people English so they can read the KJ Bible, in order to speak in non-English tongues.

I don't know Greek, or Hebrew, but I am a former high school Spanish teacher and I understand problems of translation due to synonyms, euphemisms and idioms. I think everyone should study at least one foreign language.

I don't know if these 2 instances, which I previously posted, represent the official UPC position on the KJV, but it is the logical conclusion to Onlyism.

16. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Teaching English in order to get saved is WORKS. And as much as our resident only sect members will decry this extreme, it IS the conclusion of onlyism.

It is arrogant extreme racism under the guise of christianity. Is there no shame?

17. NaasPreacher (C4K)

I am glad they finally admitted that this was the logical conclusion of KJVOism.

"You must know English to get saved."

18. Craigbythesea

Craigbythesea Active Member

Amen!

We are not dealing here with Baptists; we are dealing with the powers of darkness. :eek:

Rev 21:8 But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death. (KJV)

19. NaasPreacher (C4K)

The statements made the last couple of days have gone WAY beyond Biblical discussion. We are into an extremely dangerous teaching.

"For there are certain men crept in unawares, who were before of old ordained to his condemnation..."
    Jude v4a (KJV)

20. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

The really scary thing about this is that they are teaching a heretical faith to all these people overseas! :eek:

The UPC openly rejects and denounces the Trinity, believes one must be baptized to be saved (by their formula), and believes one must speak in tongues as evidence of having the HS. So to add KJVO on top of all this, just makes it really tragic.