1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Instant Salvation On Instant Messenger

Discussion in 'Evangelism, Missions & Witnessing' started by Jon, Mar 22, 2006.

1. Jon

Jon New Member

Hey yall I know some one who was talk to my friends brother online. They had not seen eachother in a while so general conversation. Then the guy started talking about death and being ready for what is on the other side and after a long conversation the friend's brother understood and trusted Christ.

We have resources Paul would of loved to have lets use them to share Jesus. Myspace, Xanga, instant messenger what ever u have use it to tell the world about Christ.

2. mnw

mnw New Member

A 15 year old guy in my church did the same thing. He was talking with a girl from his school. She said she was being picked on because she had recently started going to church. So, he asked if she were a bornagain Christian and it went from there.

He e-mailed the 7 page transcript. THere was a clear presentation of the Gospel and what appears to be a genuine response. God willing she will be at our youth club tonight.

Would to God we all took opportunities like that.

3. MikeinGhana

MikeinGhana New Member

Back in 2003 a British couple, whom we met in Ghana, came to the USA and spent Christmas with us. Their then 18 year old son became interested in Christianity because of a Left Behind "type" of film we showed at our New Year's watchnight service. My daughter began to IM with him and one night she asked me to get online and answer his deeper questions. I led him to a saving knowledge of Christ over the internet. Now, I know he was serious because when I returned to Ghana he moved there with is family. He came to my house and stayed with us for about a month and I spent the time discipling him a bit.

Just tonight I prayed with him in the ICU of a local hospital here in the capital city of Ghana. He had a near fatal accident yesterday. He is being medivacced out to the UK as I write this reply. As I spoke with him he spoke of the goodness of God to spare his life. I told him that God has a plan for his life and that could be why God spared him through this accident.

4. mnw

mnw New Member

It is amazing what the Lord can do when we take the opportunities He presents to us.

I'll be praying that the young man recovers fully and soon.

5. John of Japan

John of Japan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Praise the Lord, Mike! What a wonderful story of God at work. [​IMG]

6. bobbyd

bobbyd New Member

i've had a lot of opportunities to share the Gospel through things like IM's, and have seen one person totally change her attitude about God and is very close to making a committment to Jesus Christ and talked another person out of the LDS church through IM.
    God can and will use whatever too He chooses to if we choose to let Him use us