1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Institute Mission Statement

Discussion in 'Baptist Colleges & Seminaries' started by StefanM, Aug 2, 2005.

1. StefanM

StefanM Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Baptist Bible Training Institute

MISSION

Our purpose is to train men and women to be properly prepared to enter the field to which God has called them,whether it is pastor,teacher,missionary or evangelist.We will train them in both the academic and practical aspects of ministry to do the work of the ministry in a manner that will bring honor and glory to God.

------------

This is the most recent mission statement I saw on the main thread. Is there anything that needs changing, or is this sufficient?

2. Rhetorician

Rhetorician Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    StefanM,

We had discussed (somewhere) that something needs to be included about Christian workers who laypersons. They may not be going into the ministry per se, but function in the local church setting as ss teachers, directors, or just want Bible training for personal edification and enrichment.

You might want to add that?

sdg!

rd

3. StefanM

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    MISSION:

The Baptist Bible Training Institute exists to prepare men and women for their God-called ministries. We seek to prepare vocational ministers for pastoral, educational, missionary, and evangelistic ministries as well as volunteer ministers serving in the local church and individual Christians who desire personal edification and enrichment. Our goal is to educate and to equip these individuals academically and practically to bring honor and glory to God through Christian service.

----

I took the basic frame of the original statement and revised it to include Rhetorician's suggestion. How's this?

4. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Word "minister" denotes some sort of "professional" position.

How 'bout just "workers"?

I know "vocational ministers" and "volunteer ministers" has a nice parallelism, but not sure of it.

5. StefanM

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    MISSION:

The Baptist Bible Training Institute exists to prepare men and women for their God-called areas of service. We seek to prepare vocational ministers for pastoral, educational, missionary, and evangelistic ministries as well as volunteer workers for service in the local church and individual Christians who desire personal edification and enrichment. Our goal is to educate and to equip these individuals academically and practically to bring honor and glory to God through Christian service.
    ---

How's this?

6. Plain Old Bill

Plain Old Bill New Member

Please go back to the site and reread the statement.The lay person was included.Then feel free to re-work it.

I like the word lay person better than voluteer.The connotation with volunteer is someone who is very temporary.A lay person can be just a dedicated as a professional but just not called to full-time paid service.Does that make sense?

7. Plain Old Bill

I wouild also use lay ministry rather than volunteer, in the eyes of many they are 2 different levels of comittment.

8. StefanM

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sorry, when I revised, it was prior to the website addition of "layperson."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    MISSION:

The Baptist Bible Training Institute exists to prepare men and women for their God-called areas of service. We seek to prepare vocational ministers for pastoral, educational, missionary, and evangelistic ministries as well as lay ministers for service in the local church and individual Christians who desire personal edification and enrichment. Our goal is to educate and to equip these individuals academically and practically to bring honor and glory to God through Christian service.
    ---

I initially shied away from using the term "lay ministers" because I thought some might object to a clergy/laity distinction. If no one else has a problem with it, I'm fine with putting it in.

9. Plain Old Bill

That looks like a good statement to me could you pass it along to James Bell. Thanks

10. StefanM

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Do I need to mail it to the institute's address?

11. StefanM

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sent through board email.