1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Instruction for a new Christian

Discussion in 'Evangelism, Missions & Witnessing' started by Salty, May 23, 2023.

1. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    When we have a new Christian in our church what instructions would you give?

1) Read the Bible starting with Gen 1 - read 3 chapters a day to read the Bible thur in one year
    or
    Read one chapter a day in the book of John - then when you finish John - read one chapter a day in Mark.

2) Be passing out Bible tracts constantly, to go on church visitation on Tues, Thurs pm and Sat AM
    or
    would you like to come with me on Sat visitation and I will show you how I do visitation

3) Start tithing this week (minimum of 10%) even if you cant afford it
    or
    Start giving something, that will fit in your budget

4) Subscribe at least to 5 Christian magazines and read each one fully
    or
    Here are 2 or 3 magazines - why not subscribe to one of them

5) Your morning devotions need to last a minimum of one hour (even if you need to get up at 4 am)
    or
    Here is a copy of Our Daily Bread - when would be a good time for you during the day to read the daily devotion? (and encourage - that is just basic and to increase

6) Here is a list of 12 Bible books you have to have in your home library
    or
    I would recommend you start with a Bible dictionary then add more as time goes on

7) You need to only listen to Christian Radio - stop listening to all secular stations.
    or
    Here are a couple of good Bible teachers / programs to listen (maybe Thru the Bible)

8) We are in desperate need of an asst Treasure - can you come to the bank right now so we can put you on the account
    or
    What abilities do you have that you could assist our church

9) You will be expected to pray in our Sunday School class ....
    or
    Would you like to open our Sunday School in prayer next week (I will do so this week)

10) Only read out of the KJV - all MV's are preversions *
    or
    Explain the purpose of different MV's and help decide which should be the first one to get

Do we expect too much of new Christians?
    Do we expect too little of new Christians?

What would be a good rule of thumb?

* - yes, I know the rule about - "MV pervisions" but I only using this as an example - extreme as it is

#1 Salty, May 23, 2023
    Last edited: May 23, 2023
  2. Marooncat79

Marooncat79 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    11) we need a youth group leader. Here you go. Good luck