1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Instrumental hymn music for church services. Can you help me find some?

Discussion in 'Music Ministry' started by redbelt, Mar 12, 2007.

1. redbelt

redbelt New Member

I am looking for instrumental music books that can be used with traditional hymns that are sung in churches. I have played some that were written in the proper key and you could play along as the congregation sang. Can you help me or link me to finding some of that music?

2. Gayla

Gayla New Member

We useThe Celebration Hymnal Orchestrations, available for most instruments. I play B-flat Clarinet, but sometimes use the B-flat Trumpet part.
    Celebration Hymnal has the melody part and actual 'orchestration' which is different than the SATB in the Hymnal.

Sword of the Lord is working on Orchestration for the Soul Stirring Hymnal. This one has the SATB parts transposed for each instrument. But no release date is set.

There is another Hymnal that has Orchestration but I can't think of the name right now.

3. Gayla

Gayla New Member

Duplicate posts five minutes apart.

#3 Gayla, Mar 12, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 12, 2007
  4. Gayla

Gayla New Member

http://www.beebepublications.com/catalog.aspx?CategoryID=178

Just found this site with four Hymnals with Orchestrations.
    Favorite Hymns of Praise

Great Hymns of the Faith (this is the one I was thinking of earlier)

Living Hymns

Songs and Hymns of Revival

Haven't seen these in person and until now, had never heard of two of them.

"We use The Celebration Hymnal Orchestrations, available for most instruments. I play B-flat Clarinet, but sometimes use the B-flat Trumpet part."
    To clarify: The Congregation uses the Soul Stirring, the instrumentalists use the Celebration.
    If a song is not in the Celebration, I use Finale Print Music to make the needed music. (They also have a free to download product called Finale Notepad. Is good to get the feel of the software, but is very limited compared to the Print Music. But it got the job done for me for about 2 1/2 years before purchasing Print Music!):wavey:

Hope this will help you!