1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Intelligent Falling

Discussion in 'Science' started by Daisy, Oct 7, 2005.

1. Daisy

Daisy New Member

Apparently, evolution is not the only scientific theory now questioned by the creationists. The little understood Theory of Gravity is now under fire:
    Source: theOnion (linkie)

2. Deacon

Deacon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Uhhhh...do I hear satire anyone???

Rob

3. Daisy

Daisy New Member

Yeah, I hope so.

I mean, I hope that's what you hear as that's what it is.

4. JamesJ

JamesJ New Member

I see... and this was posted here... why?

There is a clean humor forum.

5. Daisy

Daisy New Member

This is specifically science satire, that's why. [​IMG]

6. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

7. jcrawford

jcrawford New Member

Hi Gina! Welcome back. Long time - no say.
    Again, thanks for the forum on which we play.

8. fossilman

fossilman New Member

Hi Gina! Welcome back. Long time - no say.
    Again, thanks for the forum on which we play.
    </font>[/QUOTE]Whether you force lyrics to fit a rhyme, or science to fit a literal reading of Genesis, you end up with the same thing: nonsensical ramblings that aren't very interesting.

Just my opinion. ;)

Another hit and run post by fossilman.

9. Pete

Pete New Member

From the site that brings us "God Diagnosed With Bipolar Disorder" :eek: :rolleyes:

The "Throw out bits of the Bible and replace it with 924,387,652,985,622,897 years of evolution brigade" haven't lost any credibility in my eyes though.....never having any to start with might have something to do with that ;)

Oops....Science forum....Oh well, too late, looked up site and typed this, may as well hit the Add Reply button now [​IMG]

10. Johnv

Johnv New Member

Apparantly, there's still a few people who don't realize that the Onion is a satire site. :eek:

11. Petrel

Petrel New Member

Apparantly, there's still a few people who don't realize that the Onion is a satire site. :eek: </font>[/QUOTE]Considering the poster who a few days ago said that perhaps gravitational evidence suggesting the existence of dark matter was just God testing our faith, maybe there's reason to think this was a serious news story! :eek:

12. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

LOL!
    Hi jcrawford, cute reply!
    Yes, nice forum. I wish there was time for me to post on it like I had planned though.

Note of amusement... at a certain unnamed college about a week ago, an atheistic one of the science -ology students was complaining that she felt the evolution theory was being mocked by the teacher.
    I tried not to grin. Really. It's probaby the ONLY class there where unbelievers aren't coddled, and for a brief moment I wondered if I should complain that in every classroom but geology, I feel as if MY beliefs are mocked.
    But I didn't. I did have to sit and wonder why five atheists could initiate drastic measures in order not to feel offended, while 100 Christians would have no effect.
    Maybe because we don't throw fits? Should we? Should we get the ACLU involved if we get offended by atheist teachings and the institution refuses to change?
    If my belief in creation is laughed at and I'm told the only "correct" view is evolution, should I try to claim discrimination?
    I would say no.
    But I'd like to know what you'd say.

13. jcrawford

jcrawford New Member

Ooh, a new word! Scienceology! Rhymes with ideology. What is it? The study of science, of course. Besides ideologists, we can also call neo-Darwinists scienceologists.

I would say yes, but don't call the ACLU. Call the Rutherford Institute, the American Center for Law and Justice, (ACLJ) the Thomas More Law Center, or the Foundation for Individual Rights in Education (FIRE). The ACLU does a better job defending communists, neo-nazis and atheists.

Start an Anti-Darwin League (ADL) in your school if not a pro-creationist group sponsored by ICR or AIG and read "Bones of Contention" by Marvin Lubenow to find out how anti-Semitic neo-Darwinist race theories about human evolution really are.

btw: I just made up a new species name for the whole human race and all the human fossils in the human fossil record. Human speciens for us modern folk and Human speciensis for those in the fossil record.

Of course, neo-Darwinists can continue to call themselves Homo sapiens if they prefer, as long as they don't call the descendents of Adam and Eve Homo this and Homo that.

14. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

I like it, but shouldn't the fossil ones end in were instead of is? Human specienswas.
    Don't forget that scienceologists cannot accept names for groupings that end in consonants on both words. For double credibility I suggest you go with "huma specia".

15. jcrawford

jcrawford New Member

I think I'll settle for plain old Human species, with Human as the genus, species as the species and such Latin names as sapiens, neanderthalensis, heldelbergensis, erectus, et al., as sub-species names.

That way no Human species sapiens will get the false impression that Human species neandertalensis and Human species erectus were anything less than full and equal members of our one human race and species.

16. Rachel

Rachel New Member

[​IMG] [​IMG] Funny thanks Gina!