1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Intentional perversion of Christ's Words

Discussion in 'Calvinism & Arminianism Debate' started by The Biblicist, Dec 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

[​IMG]

2. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    The supernatural power of God to DRAW ALL is seen again in Rev 3 "I STAND at the door and KNOCK - if ANYONE HEARS my voice AND OPENS the door I WILL come in". Rev

It all works - if one does not eisegete meaning into the text that is not there.

There is a "crush your freewill and drag you like a zombie" insert in the Calvinist model - that is missing from scripture's view of "Draw".

Thus "He CAME to HIS OWN and HIS OWN received Him not" John 1

Indeed it does - but regeneration does not take place before the sinner chooses Christ.

The supernatural drawing of God is "sufficient" to allow the unregenerate man to choose Christ, choose the Gospel - then follows regeneration.

For "as many as are IN' CHRIST are a new creation" 2Cor 5. Man must first choose to "open that door" before Christ comes in and the new creation - made in the likeness of Christ (Christ in you the hope of Glory) takes place.

True - apart from the "Drawing of ALL" - but given the "Drawing of ALL" we are all enabled to make that choice to come to Christ.

The Holy Spirit "convicts the WORLD of sin and righteousness and judgment" - not "just the born-again".

in Christ,

Bob

3. The Biblicist

The Biblicist Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

!

Your interpretation and application of this text has been thoroughly repudiated many times and exposed as false.

Furthemore, the Greek term translated "draw" is not found in this text. So the question remains where in the Greek Septuigent or Greek New Testament can you find this Greek term used where that which is drawn does not effectuall come due to the power of the one drawing?????

You talk about "spin" you can't find any text of scripture where this term is used to support your theory! Playing the RJP card is your modus operandi and the MO of all false teachers.

4. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

[​IMG]

May He richly bless you. I am finished debating, because neither side will relent.

5. The Biblicist

The Biblicist Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

There was an entire thread dedicated to Bob's interpretation of Revelation 3:21 and he was presented with contextual based evidence that he could not give any rational reasonable response to.

I for one will not give up contextual based irrefutable facts to tirades of imagination mixed with absolute falsehoods.

Bob has only one method of dealing with scripture that opposes him and contextual evidences that repudiate his intreptations! RUN from the text and contextual based evidences, JUMP to another text in another context and then PIT it against the contextual based data! When you follow him to his RJP proof text and demonstrate he is jerking it out of context what does he do? You guessed it! He repeats the same RJP cultic practice. In other words, Bob deals dishonestly with Scripture with scriptural evidences. He openly violates basic Bible hermeneutics as do some others on this forum. That is the ONLY way they can defend their heresies.

#45 The Biblicist, Dec 3, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 3, 2013
  6. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    And after 5 pages and 51 posts, I am closing this thread before it self-ignites.

Though, I do leave y'all with this warning. Neither side should paint itself into a position that they end up the only ones saved.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.