1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Inter-racial marriage

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Salty, Dec 6, 2011.

1. FR7 Baptist

FR7 Baptist Active Member

I don't need to, but I like to celebrate diversity among the different races God made. Many people try to ignore human diversity, but I choose to revel in it. If we learn about other people groups, we can continue to promote racial harmony.

If I'm racist, why did I vote for Obama? Or Kendrick Meek for U.S. Senate? Why are all of the people I list as professional references black? To call me racist or a bigot is simply untrue and downright laughable.

2. plain_n_simple

plain_n_simple Active Member

You just don't know it yet.

3. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

IMO the most beautiful people are mixed races. I don't know why, but they are. Am I weird or has anyone else ever noticed this?

4. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

For the longest time, I wanted to marry a woman who is African-American. I think they are the most beautiful women out there. Alas, I live in an area that is 99% white(if not higher). But, I wouldn't trade my wifey for anything.

I also think that caucasian/asian makes some of the prettiest women, as well.

But I see nothing wrong with interracial marriages. If God as brought them together, May He bless them!!

5. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

Bingo! :thumbsup:

6. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

Why yes, I noticed that you are weird, too.....:tongue3: :wavey: :D: :love2:

#26 convicted1, Dec 7, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 7, 2011
  7. FR7 Baptist

FR7 Baptist Active Member

I agree. There is nothing wrong with interracial marriage.

8. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

I agree. Dear friends of ours are a mixed couple- he's Italian, she's Jamaican and their children - oh my goodness! Gorgeous!!! Oh - and if you can pray for them - they just found out that they lost their little one to a miscarriage. While this was a surprise pregnancy, it's no less devastating. :(

9. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Acts 17:26 And hath made of one blood all nations of men for to dwell on all the face of the earth, and hath determined the times before appointed, and the bounds of their habitation.

HankD​

10. glfredrick

glfredrick New Member

Am I the only one who has noticed that we are ALL interracial? Any one of us who thinks that he or she has a pure blood line that does not involve an interracial marraige at some point or another is just fooling him or herself.

We just pick a culture or race out of the hat and then (in a very human sense) decide that ours is somehow superior to all others, and so we make (also very humanly centered) decisions as to whether or not we will let someone else share our genetic structure. What a hoot! :BangHead:

Perhaps we should instead be asking if all humans have red blood, hearts that hurt and rejoice, or whether we are in Christ or not and leave all the "race" issues for God to sort out lest we be found in judgment against a brother or sister for whom Christ has died.

11. seekingthetruth

seekingthetruth New Member

I am mixed race, Black/White. I see things in a cultural way, not a racial way.

The culture on my Mother's side is the culture that I live by in my life. (She is white).

The culture on my Dad's side I dont want anything to do with. They are lazy (I have many great aunts and uncles that lived and died without me ever knowing how they made a living, they were just always home in dilapidated shotgun houses that stank). They are heavy drinkers and fighters. Many are dishonest. Some are drug users/dealers.

Oh, also, we are inbred. My grandparents had the same last name and the same grandfather, and their parents had the same last name and grandfather. In fact my son is named after his two gggrandfathers, who were also brothers

And of course there are some that are decent good people, especially in my Dad's generation.

But for the most part, I cling to my Mother's heritage, and I despise my father's heritage. I am sure my life is not typical of mixed children, but, it is the way I see it.

John

12. Jerome

Jerome Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Anyone catch the PBS show "Faces of America" which did DNA testing on several celebrities?

Actress Eva Longoria, whose result came up 70% "European" / 27% "Native American":

Show host Henry Louis Gates (head of Harvard's African American Institute) was revealed to be 56% "European" / 37% "African"

Elizabeth Alexander, head of Yale's African American Studies Dept., was also found to be predominantly "European" (66%) and just 27% "African".

13. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    There's probably nothing wrong about enjoying one's cultural heritage.

My fraternal grandparents were both Italian, my maternal grandfather Italian, my maternal grandmother a European probably of jewish descent.

Ever try bagels parmesan?

HankD

14. Jkdbuck76

Jkdbuck76 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

I'd have NO problem marrying an interracial couple.

I'd have a problem marrying a saved person with an unsaved person.

15. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Exactly. Now would that be inter-yoked?? ;)

16. JesusFan

JesusFan Well-Known Member

"do NOT be yoked together with unbelievers, did NOT say other races!"

besides, ALL of us belong to same race, just 1, Human race!

17. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Right - I'm addressing the unequally yoked. Since two races are "interracial", would unequal yokes be "interyoked"? ;)

18. preachinjesus

preachinjesus Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

For a thread intended to hear from pastors there sure is a lot of conversation not about the OP.