1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Interesting church dynamic

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by evangelist6589, Aug 31, 2014.

1. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Why? A doctrinal issue? Is she the spiritual leader in the home?

Along with Don's well-stated questions in post #19, is your church (not just the preacher) aware of your dissention?

2. evangelist6589

evangelist6589 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I honestly tell them my church. However since I witness in DT Denver a ways from our church and since there are so many relativists in this area, its not like people around here care much about church. However back in SC it was different since even the unbelievers were indoctrinated with the christian culture of the south. It was easier for me getting into conversations with people, and this kind of a problem may have been more of an issue in that context.

3. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    In other words, you consider my questions invalid, and will continue to do what YOU want to do. Understood.

4. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am 100% honest and neither attack nor endorse the church so I am not in the wrong.

5. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You don't endorse the church that you're a member of...but you don't see anything wrong with that.

So answer the question: Do you have any idea what you're doing to the reputation of that church, yourself, and Christ?

6. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

I endorse them in eschatology, and in most other areas.

7. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So you do endorse the church? You tell folks, "hey, come to the church I'm a member of. We'd love to see you there, and growing in the Lord"?

8. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Partially. But the local Calvinist church is better.

9. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    And yet, you see no harm in what you just said?

This is NOT an attack on you, John. This is an attempt to see if we can understand the way you think, and why you think that way...because you need to look through this thread again. If you think I'm attacking you, then you're being attacked by just about everyone else, too.

Everything you've written is an indication of a spirit of division, whether you're willing to admit it or not.

If you REALLY want to know if you're wrong, tell your wife and your pastor what you've written here. And if you don't, then you'll have proven me correct.

I'm betting that instead of asking them, you'll post something about how they know what you're doing and they haven't said anything about it, so you're okay.

Please prove me wrong. I don't mind being wrong.

10. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hey "old man" :smilewinkgrin: (not really...I wish I felt like 37 again).

I think that what Don is getting at is you are standing “outside” your church, critiquing it and looking at the church itself as if it were merely composed of the doctrines it holds. I would encourage you to read the book of Acts and look at that church as a people (not a group of theological positions).

11. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

I see. There are terrible Calvinist churches loaded with hypocrites. But you know Jerry Bridges wrote a book on this topic that I did not buy with my latest purchase but you may have a point. Sometimes we take the CAL VS ARMIN debate all too far. It's not mentioned in Acts.

Read a bit of Tell the Truth and read the 5th gospel as well. Conway impressed me with the way he treated the homosexual couple. many WOTM street preachers go overboard on this topic.

12. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Me too. At first I was cautious...I wasn't sure where he was going with it. But he relied on God to work in the lives of that couple. Instead of attacking he shared the gospel in love...and with patience waiting on God in His time to work in that persons life...or not. For me, I typically want to see a more immediate response or I feel like a failure. I need to work on that.