1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Interesting Free Add-In for Excel

Discussion in 'Computers & Technology Forum' started by SpiritualMadMan, Apr 12, 2004.

1. SpiritualMadMan

SpiritualMadMan New Member

http://www.houseofmyrrh.org/engr.htm

Alright let me fess up and admit that this is my own creation...

And, it's free.

It's also a fairly stable beta. Tonight, I am going to upload v1.00...

OK What is it?

Originally it started as a way to format an Excel cell in Engineering Notation. That is in even powers of 3. Kilo, Mega, milli, etc.

It does that pretty good. Using Double Precision numbers.

Then I discovered that Excel doesn't handle conversions to and from HEX, Octal, and Binary if the number is greater than 2^31...

So, I added some routines to do that. Again, using double precision numbers.

Lastly, I added a shift right and shift left function...

I could really use some comments and beta testers to help find any remaining bugs.

Also, I had stopped issuing a stand-alone workbook containing the macros/functions in favor of the add-in.

But, it's been a real pain importing the 'Check Worksheet' because of the way Excel creates absolute links to the add-in functions...

Arrrggggghhhhhh!

So, (hopefully) sometime tonight (can't FTP from work) I will have both version available.

2. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

Wish I could help SMM [​IMG] .

Was that post in English ;) ?

3. SpiritualMadMan

SpiritualMadMan New Member

Yes, it was in a form of English called 'Techno-Speak' :D

Seriously, though, this is for Engineers, Scientists and other Technical Folks who want to format the output from their calculations.

There are also a few Trigonometric functions. For those who want to solve Tri-angles by inputting a few known values.

4. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

Thanks SMM,

I have a lot of high-tech friends and knew enough that I knew I didn't have a clue. [​IMG] [​IMG]