1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Interesting interview/discussion

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by 2BHizown, Sep 25, 2006.

1. 2BHizown

2BHizown New Member

In searching for interesting information on 'logic' and being facinated with knowing more of thinking with reason I stumbled onto an interesting thread from a logic forum that had an interview with Marcia and her thoughts on the relation of logic and the New Age/Pagan thinking! For me it is vitally important to be able to think biblically with full acknowledgement of the authority of scripture. Much of interest here in knowing how the younger minds have been influenced adversely via unbiblical thinking! See what Marcia has to share with us here:

http://www.christianlogic.com/forums/topic317.html

Thanks for this info Marcia! Also find further info on logical thinking at the 'Home' site of this interview and all that is available to teach children how to think clearly and with logic! This is a christian site of great worth it appears!

2. Humblesmith

Humblesmith Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Logic

Way to go, Marcia! You've learned your lessons from logic class I see.

The church VERY MUCH needs to do their homework in the area of logic and the nature of truth. For example, there have been believers on boards closer to home (ahem) that believe the illogical and contradictory idea that truth can be "true for you, but not for me." Of course, they hold this to be true for everyone!

Some of these have been taught philosophy in secular universities, and never been taught the rigors of logic and the history of Christian thought. We need more people who know the implications of John 14:6.

You go, girl.

3. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

Thanks, 2BHizown and Humblesmith! Yes, I did learn a lot in Logic and in other courses - I needed it badly!

I think one of the primary dangers today is the erosion of belief in objective truth and a downgrading of reasoning. So many false beliefs are built on man accepting things through experiences, emotions, misused words, and faulty logic.

I'm glad the info is helpful, 2BHizown! :wavey: