1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Interesting Quote

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by asterisktom, Jul 23, 2018.

1. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Paul was not stating in 1 Cor 15 that we will have a spiritual body as the prets assume him saying there, as His point was to contrast the body right now physically formed, and how it will be when physically glorfied, as Jesus was!
    And again, will the Second Coming hits, it will be greatest even tin history of the world in the sense ALL people on it will see Him and know it happened!
    Will not be just localized to middle east region...

2. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sometimes the earth is the earth, and the heavens are the heavens. The ones that were made or created, that can be shaken.

It cannot be said that the law was created. The law is, because sin is, and sin happened. It wasn't created.

The earth was shaken at the giving of the law, but the Gospel shakes both Heaven and earth, and the Apostle makes this point, that that which can be shaken will be removed.

The Flood shook the earth. Fire will consume both the heavens and the earth.

You will say: No, it's all allegorical.

I will say: No, it's not.

You: Yes it is.

Me: No

You: Yes.

Me: K.

Discussion over.

I'll say one thing. Your preaching of the heavens and the earth means nothing to the nations that never were under the Law in the first place. Have hope! Judaism has been destroyed!

Native: huh? So?

Tom: So, you're not under that system any more!

Native: Wha?

Tom: You don't have to give sacrifices!

Native: Don't care about that. It's these thorns. And those rocks that break my toes.The blast. These diseases and parasites and worms. The DEVILS. And this sin that wars in my members!

Tom: Oh. That will go on and on and on forever. Christ didn't defeat those. But happy day! No more Judaism!

• Like Like x 2
  3. asterisktom

asterisktom Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    OK. Have fun with your imaginary straw-Preterist Tom.

Take care.

4. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    :)

5. robycop3

robycop3 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I work in a steel mill. I see a charge of steel scrap being dropped into a furnace. O see old, rusty, crushed car wheels, bicycle frames, car parts, etc. in that scrap. It's all melted down, but it isn't really destroyed; merely changed in form. It's poured into billets, which are milled into I-beams, grouser bars(tank and heavy equipment tread blanks), re-bar, etc. No one can tell what that steel used to be.

Since God said the earth abides for ever, I believe that's what He's gonna do with it, as He told Peter it'll be melted with fervent heat & everything on it will be dissolved. I don't at all believe He's gonna make the earth vanish & replace it with a new planet He speaks into existence. I believe God's gonna simply make this earth into something new.

6. agedman

agedman Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Interesting picture. But, does not the Scripture state they pass away and are found no more, that would also include all raw materials and even the dust wouldn’t it?