1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

International Road Signs

Discussion in 'Polls Forum' started by Salty, Dec 1, 2012.

?
  1. Yes, we should

4 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. No,we should not

2 vote(s)
    25.0%
  3. Not sure

2 vote(s)
    25.0%
  4. Other answer

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    The US had adopted some IRS already

click here for a chart of the International Road Signs

(link is from USAEUR PAM 190-34-12 )

#1 Salty, Dec 1, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 1, 2012
  2. mont974x4

mont974x4 New Member

I vote no.
    I had no problem studying all those signs and taking another drivers training in order to get my license when stationed in Germany. People who want to come here should have no issue learning our signs. Besides, our system uses way fewer signs than they do. LOL

3. ktn4eg

ktn4eg New Member

I remember way back in the 1960's when I was over in what was then called "West" Germany when I had to be familiar w/these road signs. Unfortunately, if they did have a written text along w/the sign(s), most of the time they were only in German.

There was a push for the US to adopt ALL of these road signs back about that time as well (& I believe some localities did actually do so). However, nationally, many Americans seemed to be reluctant to incorporate the wholesale conversion of them (just as they did w/the metric system, which was also being considered for national adaptation about that same time).

While I can't say all of this reluctance on the part of all Americans had any particular basis on the growing trend in some fundamentalist circles to view this as "just another step(s) towards a one-world system of government," many of these people back them seemed to have had that viewpoint (along w/articles pointing to the amazing coincidences of the background of Henry Kissinger to that of what Revelation described as "the man of sin").

Oh well.....

4. Melanie

Melanie Active Member
    Site Supporter

One of the funniest road signs I have ever seen was in rural Tasmania on a road trip with my mate Cathy.....we were boppin" to the rural radio which had gems mixed like ABBA, ACDC,The Mormon Tabernacle Choir, and country. It was zany!

I WSH I could attach the pic but I cannot. Anyhow, imagine a yellow diamond sign with a wee car (and it IS small) and a HUGE kangaroo on it's tail knocking the car to bits. A classic. Cathy and I had a lot of fun with photographing the thing!!:smilewinkgrin:

5. mont974x4

mont974x4 New Member

I was hoping those who vote yes would explain their position.

6. Melanie

Melanie Active Member
    Site Supporter

It is amazing what the memory retains. I fund the photograph.....it is NOT a yellow diamond but a dark shield like device, with a car and a SLIGHTLY larger kangaroo kicking it. I would have SWORN black and blue it was as I originally stated......oh well, just another instance that I am not PERFECT.:tonofbricks: