1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Internet Explorer Brower

Discussion in 'Computers & Technology Forum' started by LauraB, Dec 8, 2003.

1. LauraB

LauraB New Member

I have a problem with my internet explorer browser. All of a sudden it doesn't work. I click the icon and the hour glass comes up but the it dies and no window opens. When I try to run programs that run off of internet explorer they do not work either. I have removed it and then re downloaded it but it still does not work.

Can anyone help?

2. Sularis

Sularis Member

do a CTRL ALT Delete - and see what tasks are running

then click on Internet explorer

and do a CTRL ALT Delete - and see what tasks are running

- this might solve it if one certain thing is wrong
    but several things can cause that effect

3. SpiritualMadMan

SpiritualMadMan New Member

Which Browser are you using to visit this forum?

What version of Explorer are you trying to use?

If it is less than Version 6 and you have a high speed internet connection you may be able to fix it by upgrading to Version 6.

If you do not have a high speed internet connection you *may* be able to use the IE install from a sub-directory found on may 'EarthLink' or 'AOL' Distribution disks.

WARNING: Do not run the setup from the 'root' directory... Or, you will end up installing that particular providers service 'presets'.

Many distribution CD's have the netire IE install available in a separate directory.

Some may even have a 'repair' option.

I know it's not much... Sorry.

CAVEAT: IE is so finely woven into the Windows Operating System that even installing a newer version may not fix it.

You may need an 'IT Guy/Gal' to help you.

I have had similar 'mangled' installs... And, have had to *really* resort to drastic measures to get it fixed. Finally....

4. LauraB

LauraB New Member

I mostly use Avant Browser, but my hubby likes internet explorer better, also my web games play off of internet explorer.

SpiritualMadMan, I will have to send this post to my husband because now you are speaking a foreign language to me! :eek:

I really appreciate the help, thank you so much. [​IMG]

5. superdave

superdave New Member

Microsofts Browser IS a Virus, especially if you are running WindowsME which is also a virus, and any self respecting virus checker would remove it.

I would download Mozilla from www.mozilla.org, or Firebird, which is on the same site. Mozilla will do mail, browsing, etc. And it works well most all the time.

As long as the sites and apps you use with it follow open standards you will be OK. Microsoft does not, that is usually where the problem lies.

6. Bethelassoc

Bethelassoc Member

Is your Avant Browser working? Avant Browser is a shell of IE. I wouldn't think AB would work right if IE isn't.

An update like what was mentioned would be beneficial. Not only does your IE update to 6, but there are also security issues that are addressed. Maybe that will help.