1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Internship or ...?

Discussion in 'Baptist Colleges & Seminaries' started by j_barner2000, Jan 14, 2003.

1. j_barner2000

j_barner2000 Member

I surrendered to Preach in July. My pastor, who has 54 years experience in pastoral service, is providing an internship. I work as a member of the staff. Right now my duties include children's ministries, missions, and evangelism.

I have started taking classes through SBSE. My plan is to do the pastoral ministry diploma and then through Golden Gate Seminary finish with a diploma from them. I really can't afford to quit my job because I am at a small mission church and they can't help financially, so university is probably not going to happen.

My wife and I really love the youth and worked and built a youth program with only His help at our last church. After a year or so of that service, we felt called to come to this church.

I guess I am looking for godly counsel and guidance on some further paths as to what diploma to seek at Golden Gate Seminary.

2. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Your pastor has given you an awesome privilege of learning to minister under a godly example. And being able to do the school work and finish up (being prepared academically as well as practical church training) is the right course of action.

You will be in our prayers as we "drift" past this site from time to time. [​IMG]

3. Ben W

Ben W Active Member
    Site Supporter

Being Interned would seem to me to be the Scriptural way, considering that Paul Interned both Barnabas and Timothy. May God bless you richly.

I have the same call, and am looking at some bible college courses also. Gods guidance is definatley needed here.