1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Interview With a "Lone Survivor"

Discussion in '2007 Archive' started by carpro, Jun 25, 2007.

1. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    http://www.glennbeck.com/news/06212007a.shtml

Interview with Marcus Luttrell,
    author of Lone Survivor: Part I
    JUNE 21, 2007

BEGIN TRANSCRIPT

Well, I'm about to introduce you to a guy who has a new book out, it's called Lone Survivor. He was a Navy SEAL. He has a story that he's going to tell you here in the next few minutes that should shock, horrify,and quite honestly just -- it should anger you. I have a very good friend who is in the middle of reading Lone Survivor, he called me up last night it was about 11 o'clock. And I've never heard him like this. He was angry. And he said, "Glenn, I can't believe these weasels in Washington." I'm going to let Marcus Luttrell tell you the story. He's on with us now. Marcus, how are you, sir?

LUTTRELL: Yes, sir, how are you?

GLENN: Very good. You -- take us back to Afghanistan. You are a Navy SEAL. How long have you been a Navy SEAL before 9/11?

LUTTRELL: Almost ten years, sir.

GLENN: Ten years. And so you go over to Afghanistan, and what is your mission?

LUTTRELL: This particular mission we were a four man sniper watch team sitting on a capture kill task to locate, monitor the activity of a high-ranking Taliban official with known ties to Osama bin Laden.

And we were also to pick up further on intelligence about him, coordinating and executing complex tasks against coalition forces in this particular area. It was a -- a remote area near the Paki border that didn't see much play from the US military, and that was our job, sir.

2. hillclimber1

hillclimber1 Active Member
    Site Supporter

Wow what a story. Ordinary soldiers, (well the best ordinary soldiers) in extraordinary circumstances, display courage, valor, and magnificent heroism.

Rules of engagement? I hope this story inspires debate.

3. pinoybaptist

pinoybaptist Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    what do you folks think shoulda been better Rules of Engagement ?

Personally, I would have tied up those villagers and left them to be found by the Taliban.

I wonder if the brass who wrote the Rules of Engagement have ever been in situations like that described by this SEAL ?