1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Invitation

Discussion in 'Pastoral Ministries' started by gb93433, Sep 17, 2003.

1. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

This was in the newsletter Rick Warrens' Ministry Toolbox Issue #120 9/17/2003

"One of the most effective invitation approaches I've used is to take a 'spiritual survey' at the end of a service. After presenting the plan of salvation and leading in a prayer of commitment, I set it up like this:

'You know, there is nothing I'd rather do than to have a personal conversation with each of you about your spiritual journey. I wish I could invite each of you out for some pie and coffee and have you tell me what's going on in your life. Unfortunately, with the size of our church, that isn't possible.

So I ask you to do me a favor and participate in a personal survey. I'd like you to take the welcome card you filled out earlier in the service and, on the back of it, write either the letter A, B, C, or D based on what I now explain.

If you have already committed your life to Christ prior to this service write down the letter A. If today you are believing in Christ! for the first time write down the letter B. If you say ‘Rick, I haven't made that decision yet but I'm considering it, and I want you to know that I am considering it,' write down the letter C. If you feel you don't ever intend to commit your life to Christ, I'd appreciate your honesty by writing down the letter D on your card." - Rick Warren