1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Iran Frees Pastor Saeed Abedini after Three Years in Prison

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Revmitchell, Jan 16, 2016.

1. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Saeed Abedini has finally been freed.

The Iranian-American pastor from Idaho, held for more than three years, wasexchanged as part of a prisoner swap in which Iran released four people and the United States released seven.

[​IMG]
    ACLJ
    Naghmeh Abedini advocates for her husband.

"It is confirmed," his wife Naghmehannounced on Twitter. "Saeed is released from Iranian prison."

“This has been an answer to prayer,” she said in a press release from the American Center for Law and Justice (ACLJ), one of Abedini's leading advocates. “This is a critical time for me and my family. We look forward to Saeed's return and want to thank the millions of people who have stood with us in prayer during this most difficult time.”

http://www.christianitytoday.com/gl...r-saeed-abedini-after-three-years-prison.html

2. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Glad that he is free but I don't understand giving Iran back the money held since Carter and I don't understand why the USA paid interest. It seems as if the criminal Iranians won. I don't know if Obama is Shiite or Sunni, do you?