1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

IRAN: Nuclear Developments

Discussion in '2005 Archive' started by KenH, Aug 25, 2005.

1. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
  2. Phillip

Phillip <b>Moderator</b>

Interesting story...the only part I couldn't figure out is how bunker-buster bombs are capable of reaching Iran's reactors.

I would assume the author meant that they can use Israeli aircraft capable of carrying the bunker-busters as far as Iran.

I know this is just being picky, but I like the details to be accurate in a news story.

3. Phillip

Phillip <b>Moderator</b>

sorry--duplication

4. hillclimber

hillclimber New Member

I don't understand Phillip. What would be the problem with Israeli aircraft reaching the reactors.
    They can strike anywhere in the region with little opposition.

5. Phillip

Phillip <b>Moderator</b>

I was complaining about the way the article was written, I quote (using fair copyright laws):

"On April 26, the Pentagon announced plans to sell Israel 100 so-called bunker-buster bombs capable of reaching Iran’s underground nuclear facilities."

Bunker-buster bombs, by themselves, cannot "reach" Iran, period. They might catch a ride on an airplane, thanks to the IAI, but by themselves; might be a problem. Get it? [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. hillclimber

hillclimber New Member

7. Phillip

Phillip <b>Moderator</b>

It would be interesting--even the thought of Israel striking Iran brings to mind all sorts of scenerios. Might make a good novel.

Israel certainly got away with the Iraqi raid, but Iraq had no nukes.

IF Iran has a nuke or two, they would have problems delivering them. I assume their technology is not advanced enough to make them small and light enough to launch on their missiles. Airplanes, on the other hand are possible, but they would have to get past Israeli defenses.

Then after they retaliate (or try), does Israel use more of its possible 70 tactical nukes in an all out retaliation strike and if so, does China get involved?

Let's put it this way, I would rather read a good novel about it, than see it happen. I think most here would agree.

8. hillclimber

hillclimber New Member

I don't think the nukes will come out to play till the battle of Armageden, when the 200 million red troops march on Israel. Maybe a rogue old nuke or two will pop but I doubt it. I also have a tough time believing the Iranians have a dependable delivery system available, and doubt their nukes are close to ready.

9. Phillip

Phillip <b>Moderator</b>

I tend to agree with you on all counts. So much for "debating". [​IMG]

10. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Wow! Try to introduce a substantive discussion in this forum and this nonsense gets introduced into it. :(

11. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist