1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Iran test-fires long-range missile

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Ben W, May 25, 2006.

1. Ben W

Ben W Active Member
    Site Supporter

It looks like Iran may have alot more defences than people think of, these missiles are designed to make direct hits on ships in the gulf.

----------------------------------------------

May. 23, 2006 22:41 | Updated May. 25, 2006 14:37
    Iran test-fires long-range missile
    By ASSOCIATED PRESS

Iran conducted a test launch Tuesday night of the Shihab-3 intermediate-range ballistic missile, which is capable of reaching Israel and US targets in the region, Israel Radio reported. The test came hours before Prime Minister Ehud Olmert met with US President George W Bush in Washington to discuss the Iranian threat.

Military officials said it was not clear if this most recent test indicated an advance in the capabilities of the Shihab 3. They said the test was likely timed to coincide with the Washington summit and with comments made by Hizbullah leader Hassan Nasrallah during celebrations in Beirut marking the 6th anniversary of Israel's withdrawal from southern Lebanon.

http://snipurl.com/qxm7

2. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Iran is not an emaciated Iraq. If we go to war with Iran it will make the Iraq war look quite mild by comparison.

3. Bob Farnaby

Bob Farnaby Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    My guess would be that the missiles aren't as long range as the ones the US have... or as many...

4. SpiritualMadMan

SpiritualMadMan New Member

Me thinks you have a gift for understatement! :D

Wonder how that missile will fair against the latest and greatest version of the Patriots?

Let's see Israel or the US srikes first and nothing left of Iran...

Iran strikes first and one or two get through...

Israel and/or the US retaliates, and, nothings left of Iran...

Seems to me with the same ending we might consider cutting any friendly losses?

Of course if Iran were to renounce their Nuclear goals and the eradication of Israel...

I suppose the right thing to do would be to not attack them...

Seriously, if Iran launches even one missile on a tajectory to Israel. Israel will launch. And, I don't hold much hope that they will not use Nukes...

Of course Iran won't change...

So, it's all only a matter of time...

SMM

5. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Iran may not need to since there is no proof that Iran is trying to build a nuclear weapon.

And, even if Iran had nuclear weapons, I seriously doubt that it would use them in a first strike against us or one of our allies - for the reason you mention.

6. DeeJay

DeeJay New Member

Iran may not need to since there is no proof that Iran is trying to build a nuclear weapon.

And, even if Iran had nuclear weapons, I seriously doubt that it would use them in a first strike against us or one of our allies - for the reason you mention.
    </font>[/QUOTE]Do you really think the leader of Iran is capable of reasonable thought. Or does he believe that his god will make him the victor against any army in the world.

7. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Admadinejad would not be the person with his finger on the nuclear button - especially since even if Iran was going to try to build a nuclear weapons, and was successful, it would be the 2010's before they could accomplish that goal.

But the mullahs are the ones calling the shots in Iran, not Admadinejad. He serves as president only at their pleasure.

I think that Admadinejad simply enjoys mouthing off nonsense and then watching the West have conniption fits over his words, which then leads to higher oil prices and more money for Iran.

8. StraightAndNarrow

StraightAndNarrow Active Member

Gee, it looks like we invaded the WRONG country. I hate it when that happens.

9. DeeJay

DeeJay New Member

Well if you are thinking we may have to invade Iran then your above statement is wrong and short sighted. I agree with others that have said Iraq will be a picknick complaired to Iran. In that case wouldent it make sence to swatt the fly that was saddam before atacking the giant next door.

In other words, there is no doubt that Saddam hated us and would do anything to hurt us. If we have to go into Iran, would we want him in power next door.

10. SpiritualMadMan

SpiritualMadMan New Member

Good point...

Also, the knowledge to make a low yield dirty Nuke is pretty much freely available...

Maybe they wouldn't be able to make a small compact Thermonuclear Missile launchable high yield warhead until 2010...

But, all a small low yield bomb requires in enough highly enriched fissionable material...

They already have the knowledge and machine shops capable of doing the fabrication...

They might lose a few people due to radiation poisoning...

But, I don't think that would bother them...

SMM