1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Iran warns ‘it’s ready for war’

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by HankD, Jun 20, 2019.

1. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If you are considering that they all live under a scary fundamentalist dictator religious regime that squelches people’s liberty’s and executes them if they step out of line... and that’s just their own Muslims. What they do to their Christian population is shameful.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes!

3. asterisktom

asterisktom Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It is interesting that many who insist that America is a Christian nation (and I forget whether you make that claim) also play the every-one-else-is-doing-it card - as if the two weren't mutually exclusive: If we truly are a Christian nation then we are not going to be like every one else in the world. And we are not in the dog-eat-dog contest.

4. Rob_BW

Rob_BW Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm not playing any card. If you want to debate the morality of war or any other aspect of America and Iran's recent kerfluffle, have at it.

I'm speaking directly to your remarks that you hear complaints in your travels. But the complaints of citizens from other nations don't amount to a hill of beans to me. If their country's thought they could get away with what they complain America does, they'd be doing it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. asterisktom

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Their complaints are also my complaint.

But OK. Fine. It should concern you but I cannot make it concern you.

6. Rob_BW

Rob_BW Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'll be in Kuwait in a few months, so I reckon I have some concern over this.

But so someone in Nicaragua complains? Remind them that they sent troops to Iraq.

• Like Like x 1
  7. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Gorsuch, Kavanaugh. Nuff said as far as I care.

• Like Like x 2
  8. asterisktom

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The kids died years before our Iraq ventures. But I guess we are not interested in timelines.

9. Rob_BW

Rob_BW Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm not tracking what kids you are talking about.

And again, make a case for the ethical or moral aspect, and I'll debate that if I disagree.

But building an argument from complaints from people who act like their countries, leaders, populace would act any different than the US does ignores the history that you purport to be so interested in.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. asterisktom

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I already started making my case for the ethical case but there was no response. I quoted just one of several passages I could have used from the Bible but there was no response on that in this thread.

However the issue is not that other countries would be no different than us, given the opportunity. The issue is that our country, the exceptional Christian country (supposedly), should then be acting differently.

Christians, countries or individuals, ought to think and act different than the ho polloi.

Christians, countries or individuals, are supposedly governed by the Book. But I have yet to see any bomb-Iran advocates here quote a single Bible verse.

#90 asterisktom, Jun 22, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Rob_BW

Rob_BW Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hey, don't be mad at me, I'm not the one who added this to the debate:

12. asterisktom

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Mad? Don't know where you get that.

At any rate I'm sticking a fork in this one. I've come to expect the typical responses here (not necessarily speaking of you). Patriotism with a veneer - but no foundation - of Christianity.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  13. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Exceptional?!? Are you crazy? :Laugh

More to the point, are you a sinner? If so than you have no right to criticize others. I hope you can recognize your own sorted hypocrisy and deal with it. Christian nation, Christian values, Christian identity.... really! Where are the fruits of that my brother:Smile we are we not angels... BTW, angels are in hysterics right now since you last uttered your most recent nonsense. There must be something Calvinistic in your nature. Oh God! That’s it correct?

You do realize this kid is being deployed to Kuwait with the army ... so he is going to be away from his family and maybe he will be put in harms way. So try to be nice. OK!

#93 Earth Wind and Fire, Jun 22, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2019
  14. asterisktom

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ha. I will be in Kuwait before you probably, in July. But only on our way to Georgia and Armenia.

Yes, I am "something Calvinistic". Very perceptive.:Biggrin

15. Rob_BW

Rob_BW Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    [​IMG]
    After making this joke for the last decade or so, looks like things might be getting lively just in time for my first long term stay in Kuwait. :Laugh

• Prayers Prayers x 1
  16. agedman

agedman Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

America did not get “sneak attacked” at 9/11, but was warned by
    OBL at least a year before.

That is part of following Muslim beliefs.

They must warn prior to the declaration of war, and the commencement of hostilities prior to engagement. After the initial engagement, no further warnings are needed.

OBL warned multiple times, but only a handful in the CIA heard and tried to warn.

They were ignored then blamed. Sad, Truly sad.

Iran is again warning.

We will be attacked.

It will probably devastate this America, again.

Only this time, we will not be that Phoenix, but will disintegrate, for our nation is no longer “one nation under God,” nor do we claim as a nation that “In God we trust.”

We merely at best boast as the ancients who were told to repent and then killed the messengers.

You may scoff, scorn, ridicule, but America has but a short time left.

“Repent” is not heeded.

Repent!

17. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Boasting on the part of terrorists is not actionable.

So is the practice of deliberate deception.

And when was the initial engagement? The downing of Pan Am 103? The attack on the US embassy in Beirut? The Berlin night club bombing? The bombing of the Twin Towers in 1993? The attack on the USS Cole?

The initial engagement was not 9/11.

Repent of what?

What shall we repent of that will stop terrorist attacks?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL

18. agedman

agedman Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I used 9/11 because the previous and current administration really didn’t get the other events, but excused them as isolated incidents among certain of the disgruntled. But the hearings held after 9/11 are significant in showing all of them were after OBL started warning. Again, certain CIA folks were not caught off guard. For some years they had tried to get the authority attention.

Think all the way back to the Carter administration and the overthrow of Iran. Was there not multiple warnings given, 3ven to the point that the warnings became a joke and fodder for comedians?

This warning follows Muslim beliefs.
    The Qur'an commands Muslims to make a proper declaration of war prior to the commencement of military operations. Thus, surprise attacks are illegal under the Islamic jurisprudence.[citation needed] The Qur'an had similarly commanded Muhammad to give his enemies, who had violated the Treaty of Hudaybiyyah, a time period of four months to reconsider their position and negotiate.[28] This rule, however, is not binding if the adversary has already started the war.[29] Forcible prevention of religious practice is considered an act of war.[30] (From Wikipedia - Islamic jurisprudence)
    Prior to Carter, the attacks from Muslim forces were directed toward Israel, however there were also warnings toward Europe and America from even the late 1940’s.

Muslims are extremely methodical, and pass the authority from generation to generation. Cutting the head off the snake does not work with them.

What does work and is commanded is the ceasing of war by the cause being removed.

Hence, the continued cry for removal of the Jewish state. If that is done, there will be peace. That is their first and really only demand.

Some antichrist will resolve this issue and be proclaimed the messiah as a result... but America more likely will be destroyed in so doing.

19. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I ask again:

What shall we repent of that will stop terrorist attacks?

20. RighteousnessTemperance&

RighteousnessTemperance& Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    That may be true, but their ultimate cause for war is the unfettered spread of Islam.
    That is decidedly untrue and exhibits a complete lack of understanding of Islam and its aims. Islam considers itself the only true religion, and as such is borderless and particularly opposed to those who worship on Saturday or Sunday, though all other worldviews are in its sights.