1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Iran warns ‘it’s ready for war’

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by HankD, Jun 20, 2019.

1. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    America will be destroyed

?!? “America”.... how pray tell

2. agedman

agedman Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Certainly they oppose what is righteous.

What I merely pointed out was that they are bound to warn before declaring war. They have repeatedly warned. Each attack is an escalation, and considering history of American folks turning from God do certainly state that this nation shall not continue to stand but will disintegrate.

Will not the preachers work harder for Christ, or will they continue to view America as so powerful it is un-defeatable?

Who even knows the last stanza of the national anthems that answers the question the other stanzas ask?

3. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Islam- 2 branches

- Sunni
    - Shi’a
    You know this right?

4. agedman

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It is as Judah and Israel. It has already been proclaimed. For God is righteous and America is not.

God’s hand of preservation has moved so that evil flourishes. The restraints of the Word and work of the Holy Spirit are quenched as people turn from God to seek pleasure and perversion, and no plague or pestilence has brought national repentance.

America once flourished because God could use this nation, but the nation turned from God.

How will it happen?

This is my opinion.
    First economically. Wealth and health will be taken away because folks rely upon such.
    As a result infrastructure and communication will be disrupted to the point distrust will be the norm.
    The strength of the military will fail, because might rests upon economics, and the current debt is no longer sustainable.
    City structures will fail, and hunger will abound, starvation will bring horrible diseases even flight and murder.

Ultimately, everyone will do “what is right in their own eyes.”

5. agedman

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    And this is a problem to the discussion?

Ultimately do they both not rely upon teachings from the Quran?

How many branches are found in Christianity? More than two?

Do they not have lines of demarcation, yet under one banner in the eyes of the world?

6. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    In the eyes of the world yes but they hate one another... and that can be exploited.

7. Wingman68

Wingman68 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Fox News was the only one covering it when the people, & I believe the people do not like their regime, were in the streets begging the US to help them be free. We did nothing under Obama. Just like we did in Bengazi.....nothing, nothing but lie seven ways to Sunday about what happened & why we did NOTHING! But we did take out Gaddafi, as you recall Madame Hillary laughed & said ‘We came,we saw, & he died.’ It’s been great ever since for Libyans, eh? Here’s a link that you may enjoy:
    https://www.africanexponent.com/post/ten-reasons-libya-under-gaddafi-was-a-great-place-to-live-2746

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You never know, remember Nineveh.

9. asterisktom

asterisktom Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, we seriously destabilized Libya, that is for sure. I am certainly no fan of Obama or Killery.

OK, good that Fox News covered the people's discontent with the Iranian regime. But how far back did Fox go in their background? The stories I read were about protests on corrupt government and on the economy. But that is not an invitation for us to intervene.

BTW many of the sites I've read routinely go back to the events of 1979, rightly so. But very few give the history of the 50's in Iran. Iran's president was Time's Man of the Year (1952, I think). He was billed as the "George Washington of Iran". But, like our George Washington, he showed some initiative and independence. He naively believed President Truman's glib promise of letting countries find their own way toward democracy. He quit being the puppet of Britain and the US. That is when the US (under Eisenhower) stepped in and reinstated the previous leader, the corrupt Shah Pahlavi. And he stayed in power for many years. (I remember his pilots were being trained in Lackland AFB when I did basic back in 75.)

The protests in 79 were not basically a desire for a return to Islam. A great part of it was a protest against our machinations in their affairs. They had enough of our puppet-making. And of course, Khomeini was politically astute enough to benefit from that volatile discontent.

The Iranians have legitimate reasons for hating the US, sad to say, dating back at least to the 50's. And we keep giving them more reason.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Benjamin

Benjamin Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Herein lies our major differences, I do not legitimize their reasons to hate us and want us dead.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. asterisktom

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So when we took over their country in the 50's and nullified their democratic election they should've just ignored us? What if another country did that to us?

Actually the taking over of the country was a decade earlier. It was Wallace Murray from the State Department who admitted:

"The obvious fact is that we shall soon be in the position of actually “running” Iran through an impressive body of American advisers..."

Murray, just like several advisors in the current situation, insisted that Iranians would welcome our overlording. But other sources tell a different story.

#111 asterisktom, Jun 23, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2019
  12. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Islam is opposed to Christianity.

Or safer to say Christianity is opposed to Islam.
    Or actually, safest to say Christianity is opposed to EVERY other religion on the planet as Jesus testifies that HE and HE alone is the only hope of salvation.

John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

Acts 4:12 Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

So of course they are opposed to Christianity.
    Similarly they are opposed to Judaism because Judaism claims there is no God but Jehovah:

Isaiah 45:5 I am the LORD, and there is none else, there is no God beside me: I girded thee, though thou hast not known me:

I also admit from historical evidence that "Christianity" has not always acted very Christlike down through the ages past.

Yes I know President Obama once made this observation bringing it to our attention for which he was rebuked.

However even when those with whom we don't agree make a truthful observation should we not acknowledge it?
    He spoke concerning the Crusades and perhaps the Spanish and Latin Inquisitions.

So now the apologists will come on the stage and argue that they who were in authority over these bloodbaths were not "true Christians" which defense rings hollow in the ears of Moslems as do their defenses in ours.

Ipso facto Religious wars.

There is an "however": Nations are presumed righteous to defend themselves from external attack.

13. RighteousnessTemperance&

RighteousnessTemperance& Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, and everything not submitted to Islam, but especially Christians and Jews.
    Brother, you did not "merely point out" anything--you went all over the place and in the process made all manner of inaccurate comments. A glaring one was that there would be peace if Israel ceased. Utter nonsense to ever think so. Talk about ignoring history and the violent scourge of Islam!
    Not sure how that is an accurate view, certainly not of the preachers I'm familiar with.

14. RighteousnessTemperance&

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well, it doesn't answer a previous question as you describe, but its sentiments get to the heart of the matter and certainly worth bearing in mind.

O! thus be it ever, when freemen shall stand
    Between their loved home and the war's desolation!
    Blest with vict'ry and peace, may the Heav'n-rescued land
    Praise the Power that hath made and preserved us a nation!
    Then conquer we must, when our cause it is just,
    And this be our motto: "In God is our trust."
    And the star-spangled banner in triumph shall wave
    O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave!​

15. RighteousnessTemperance&

Faith:
    Baptist
    That raises a question. Did Paul go around badmouthing other religions, or did he turn people to Christ? They rioted in Ephesus over this point, because his efforts cut into their idol economy.

16. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    "Bomb, bomb, bomb. Bomb, bomb Iran
    Bomb, bomb, bomb. Bomb, bomb Iran" John McCain

• Like Like x 1
  17. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    to quote trump junior, “I like it!”

18. asterisktom

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yep, the band is striking up. I just looked at our flight path next month. Turns out I will pass over both Iran and Iraq. Hope the flight doesn't get canceled.

19. Benjamin

Benjamin Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You kind of lost me here, I see one justifying legitimatizing Iran's hate and actions against our country based on some claims about 70 years ago. Not sure how the Crusades came into this? But I will say that I know of no attacks from us, the U.S.A. on other countries because of their religion since we became a country. My comment was in reference to patriotism for this country and my opposition to someone who claims this nation as his home while being abroad and "legitimizing" Iran's hate for us.

Indeed.

20. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    agreed, it’s not patriotic. Perhaps he feels the need to point out the obvious. He is a liberal after all and he is weaponizing his words in order to get our attention. Plus he is a Calvinist on a mission to eradicate sin and what better sin to eradicate than the sins of his own countryman. And that’s a real life example of an idealist