1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Iranian President on holocaust . . .

Discussion in '2006 Archive' started by El_Guero, Sep 19, 2006.

1. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad seems to have changed his rhetoric that the Jews were not killed by Nazis.

During the NBC interview his complaint was primarily that the 6 million Jews that were killed were only part of the 58 million civilians that were killed. And he complained "why should the Palestinians be paying now for the holocaust.

2. Blammo

Blammo New Member

Cute... very clever. Mahmoud is not too sloppy, is he? He knows exactly what to say to Americans.

3. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

As we say, "he sure cleans up good".

4. Tommy Jefferson

Tommy Jefferson New Member

Yeah, why is that?

5. NiteShift

NiteShift New Member

Maybe it's because they left their homes in order to get out of the way of advancing Arab armies in 1947-1948?

6. Tommy Jefferson

I thought it was the europeans that killed 12 billion jews.

7. The Galatian

The Galatian New Member

Twelve billion? There weren't that many people in the world.

8. pinoybaptist

pinoybaptist Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It's more like 6 million, TJ.

9. pinoybaptist

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yeah, well, the thing is 58 million civilians of what, the European theater and the Pacific theater combined ? Or the African and Middle East nations included ?

Even if there were 58 million civilians killed in the European theater only, 6 million civilians of a particular race or ethnicity is approximately 11% of the total.

How many nationalities would there be in Europe ? You have the French, the Belgians, the Dutch, the Germans, the Spaniards, the English, the Yugoslavs, the Finns, the Russians, the Italians, the Hungarians, the Norwegians, the Portuguese, the Austrians, the Poles and so on. These which I have named constitute 15 nationalities already.

Assuming that each of these 14 had the same number of casualties among the remaining 89% of 58 million, there would be only 3,466,666.66 civilian casualties for each nationality, and these casualties would have been killed by bombings, disease, crossfires, or executions. These are casualties of war. In callous terms, collateral damages.

The 6 million Jews on the other hand were singled out because they were Jews, herded like cattle in boxcars, numbered, processed like animals, placed in prison camps on starvation diets, experimented on, and had all kinds of atrocities heaped on them before being gassed or machinegunned. They were murdered.

I agree with his question though: Why should the Palestinians now be driven away from their homeland ? Why should they be treated like conquered peoples ?

Back to the Iranian dog, be aware that the devil mixes truth and lies.

His question is true, but his reasoning about the holocaust is patently false and misleading.

#9 pinoybaptist, Sep 24, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 24, 2006
  10. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    www.historyplace.com/worldwar2/timeline/statistics.htm

I think that the 6 million Jewish concentration camp deaths would then be added to the 52 million deaths in this chart - unless they are included among the civilian deaths in Germany and Poland.

11. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

2 - 6 million Jews and 2 - 6 million Christian minorities were victims of the holocaust.

12. Tommy Jefferson

No. You are arguing that LESS jews were killed during WWII. That is what Neo-nazis and Iranian presidents do.

Don't support those people.

13. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

The estimates (that I have seen and read) of the number of Jews killed during WW2 indicated that ethinic groups of Jewish ancestory were about 50% of the Nazi's victims and the total number of victims were between 4 and 12 million (with an 'm' not a 'b'). Attributing the deaths of 2 - 6 million (mostly Christian) people to being killed for being Jews is a historic error that (we as Christians especially) should want to see fixed. Approximately half of Hilter's victims were of Christian ethnicities and many of those were targeted for their faith.

Just to let you know, the last known written command of Hitler was to have Bonhoeffer hanged . . .

14. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

Further, while being killed for being a Jew is a travesty, living (and dying) for Jesus Christ is what being a Christians should be about - even if it means that we die in Nazi gas chambers . . . Not remembering the millions of Christians that were killed last century and the million or more that have been exterminated this century is an odd memory system that I believe does not bring glory to God the Father.

Why are we not glorifying God for the brothers and sisters that we loose each and every day? . . . Are brothers and sisters whom are persecuted and murdered for the Faith not important to us? I believe that they are important to God the Father, and I believe that the persecuted church should be important to us (Christians).

15. Tommy Jefferson

Interesting things to think about. Thank you Guero.

16. pinoybaptist

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Which people ? I don't support Neo-nazi germs and the Iranian dog president.

And the holocaust happened during WWII, and the 6 million Jews were estimates by historians (I think), not mine.