1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Iraq Did have WMD and had started to use the worst one

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by JustChristian, Jun 24, 2008.

1. JustChristian

JustChristian New Member

This idea had been in the back of my mind for some time. What was the absolute worst threat Iraq could make against America? Missiles with nuclear or biological warheads? No, they didn't have those. Additional terrorist attacks? No. The worst weapon was the threat to quit denominating oil in dollars and switch to Euro's and to persuade other oil producers to do the same. This would literally bring down our economy and not only would we no longer be the supreme economic and military power in the world we would drop like Great Britain did after WWII when they relinquished that role to us.

I knew this was a terrible threat. I didn't know that Iraq under Hussain had actually started doing this. That's what this video on Utube says and that's why we invaded Iraq.

http://www.videosift.com/video/Why-th-US-UK-are-in-Iraq-explained-in-8-minsI-knew-it

I'm going to try to substantiate this theory further but I find it to be very believable. The video goes on to say that Iran has similar but even more devastating objectives along the same lines.

2. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yeah, we don't want other countries controlling their own economies, do we?

3. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The falling dollar has made any investments in dollars, or payments in dollars a bad deal. For instance in the Czech Republic the dollar has fallen from about 22 to 1 to as low as under 16 to one. Big loss for those who depend on dollars.

It is putting missionaries in a bad place economically.
    Your contributions to mission work has fallen in buying power.
    If you go to Europe on vacation expect stick shock.

I saw a piece on CNN International showing a store in NYC that will take only Euros? Why? Most of their customers are Europeans and the store has been taking a beating with the falling dollar.

I have heard that several countries are considering forcing the US to pay in Euros for anything we import from them.

#3 Crabtownboy, Jun 25, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 25, 2008
  4. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

I don't doubt that oil profits had a lot to do with this invasion. But an independent and sovereign nation has the right to price their exports in whatever currency they choose. They could price in in packages of Double Bubble if they want. Their business, not ours. Unless you happen to be a failed oilman with lots of your daddy's oil buddies looking for a big payday.