1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Iraqi Civilian Deaths Sharply Lower in June

Discussion in '2007 Archive' started by carpro, Jul 1, 2007.

1. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=070701182137.vaxl6jf9&show_article=1&catnum=0

Iraqi civilian deaths sharply lower in June

Jul 1 02:22 PM US/Eastern

Iraqi civilian deaths dropped to 1,241 last month, according to figures issued on Sunday, the lowest since a US-led crackdown was launched in February in and around Baghdad.

The latest numbers, compiled from interior, defence and health ministry figures and made available to AFP, indicate that 1,241 civilians died last month, compared to 1,951 in the previous month.

SNIP

One of the key reasons for the fall in the June toll seems to be the reduction in sectarian killings in the capital since the crackdown was launched with a surge of US troops.

Most senior Shiite militiamen in Baghdad believed to have been responsible for widespread killings of Sunni Arabs are thought to have left the capital to avoid the assault.

2. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am glad to hear that civilian deaths in Baghdad are down to "only" 41 per day.

3. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That's considerable progress...

unless you object to progress for some reason.

4. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Considering the average daily civilian death toll in Iraq was 63 per day that is progress.

You will doubt me, but I do hope that the monthly decline continues.