1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Irresistible Grace & Sanctification

Discussion in '2005 Archive' started by Monergist, Jun 15, 2005.

1. OCC

OCC Guest

LOL Wes...that was a joke. I never said I don't agree. In fact...the reason I said that was I thought it would show you that I do agree...Noah built the boat, not grace.

2. johnp.

johnp. New Member

Oh yea! :cool: And where did he get the wood from and the plans from and the skill from and who was it that closed the door? Gen 7:16.
    Paul echos Noah's faith: But by the grace of God I am what I am, and his grace to me was not without effect. No, I worked harder than all of them--yet not I, but the grace of God that was with me. 1 Cor 15:10.

john.

3. OCC

OCC Guest

John...nobody is arguing where he got the wood from or anything. The point is that Noah built the boat. It's nothing more, nothing less than that my friend.

4. johnp.

johnp. New Member

Hello KJ.
    You see the acts of men as no more than that but I see God in the acts of men.

john.

5. OCC

OCC Guest

john.
    </font>[/QUOTE]Au contraire, mon frere [​IMG]

I see God in the acts of man too. The point was that Noah himself built the boat. I can't make it any clearer. :(

6. johnp.

johnp. New Member

Busy lad then wasn't he?

john.

7. OCC

OCC Guest

For a hundred and twenty years..yep. Wish I could build a boat at my age...let alone bein that old.

8. Wes Outwest

Wes Outwest New Member

john.
    </font>[/QUOTE]So John, You see God in man's sins (those dastardly little acts of man)?

9. Wes Outwest

Wes Outwest New Member

No one else is credited with building the ARK except Noah with the help of his 3 sons, who themselves might have been a couple hundred years old. Then too there was Noah's wife and the son's wives, keeping it all in the family. Nevertheless, none of the local community were involved in building the ARK.

I do not understand why Johnp insists on playing his little games!

10. johnp.

johnp. New Member

Hello Wes.
    I do indeed.
    At least I don't look on man's deeds as 'little acts'! :cool: But rebellion.
    What games! Oh you mean winning don't you? :cool:

It wasn't a boat it was the biggest ship built until the 1800's. Busy that lot?
    Paul echos Noah's faith: But by the grace of God I am what I am, and his grace to me was not without effect. No, I worked harder than all of them--yet not I, but the grace of God that was with me. 1 Cor 15:10.

john.

11. Wes Outwest

Wes Outwest New Member

What games! Oh you mean winning don't you? [Cool]</font>[/QUOTE]When you gonna start?

12. Wes Outwest

Wes Outwest New Member

Like I said, God gave Noah a 100+ year grace period in which to build the ARK, before he brought judgment on the land, destroying all life, save for that life that was in the ARK that NOAH BUILT!

God's grace prevailed for all the people, not just Noah. If the people would have repented, God would have spared them, there never would have been a flood, and we would have missed out on a great story of warning about sin and debauchery, immorality, unrighteousness, not to mention the principle of "working out our own salvation" in obedience to God.

13. johnp.

johnp. New Member

Hello Wes. :cool:
    Yea! It looked like it! :cool: So much for God's grace man! Only 8 were saved! :cool: You reduce God's grace to 8!
    I wished I'd written that! :cool: What you mean we would have missed out? What you mean 'if'? You don't believe in 'if' do you as well?
    What you mean 'if people had repented? Romans 8:7 the sinful mind is hostile to God. It does not submit to God's law, nor can it do so. 8 Those controlled by the sinful nature cannot please God.

But you don't accept scripture do you?

john.

14. Wes Outwest

Wes Outwest New Member

Noah was a man just like all the other men of his time! Yet he was different than the rest in that He had faith in God and repented from doing what those who refused to repent were doing. Thus Noah found grace (favor) in God's eyes. God saved Noah because of his faith! Destroyed all the rest because of their lack of faith.

Why do you insist that I continue to repeat myself to you over and over? Do you think I'm going to change to accomodate you?

By the way, Grace is not a fixed condition. God can remove his grace from whomever he choses to remove it from.

15. OCC

OCC Guest

John...you reduce God's grace to "8" as well...only in a Calvinistic fashion.

16. johnp.

johnp. New Member

Hello Wes.
    Change to accommodate me? You forget what you think of Calvinists. I don't care what you do. Cold I am.
    Then he wasn't like any other man. :cool:
    Grace is a fixed condition and cannot be taken from us. It is love expressed and we have it all and it's ours and no one can or will take it from us. It is God dealing with His Beloved to beautify Her for the wedding day. And we will be awesome for Him on that day, we will blow His mind as He blows ours! :cool: I am holy, righteous and blameless and I will be perfect by His grace irrevocably given. Romans 11:29.

john.

17. Wes Outwest

Wes Outwest New Member

Then he wasn't like any other man. [Cool]</font>[/QUOTE]I explained the only difference between Noah and other men, then you come back with this comment? Wow, I'm impressed with your bleating.

Grace is a fixed condition and cannot be taken from us. It is love expressed and we have it all and it's ours and no one can or will take it from us. It is God dealing with His Beloved to beautify Her for the wedding day. And we will be awesome for Him on that day, we will blow His mind as He blows ours! [Cool] I am holy, righteous and blameless and I will be perfect by His grace irrevocably given. Romans 11:29.</font>[/QUOTE]Another example of your failure to understand grace.

It is not Calvinist's that I have a problem with, It is Calvinism! The first are people who fail to understand, the second is false doctrine.

18. johnp.

johnp. New Member

Hello Wes.
    Grace is a fixed condition and cannot be taken from us. It is love expressed and we have it all and it's ours and no one can or will take it from us. It is God dealing with His Beloved to beautify Her for the wedding day. And we will be awesome for Him on that day, we will blow His mind as He blows ours! [Cool] I am holy, righteous and blameless and I will be perfect by His grace irrevocably given. Romans 11:29.

What you say is 'Another example of your failure to understand grace.' but you don't say in which way nor any sort of light is shone on my error but your, 'Another example of your failure to understand grace.' is there.

I will not deny the One who says He loves me with an everlasting love and if I ever do deny Him He will never deny me because He says He loves me with an everlasting love and I am only a man.
    I am holy, righteous and blameless and I will be perfect by His grace irrevocably given forever mine. Romans 11:29.

I was sanctified...by the Spirit of our God. 1 Cor 6:11.

john.

19. Wes Outwest

Wes Outwest New Member

Tell the people in the flood that, and while you are at it Preach that in Sodom and Gomorrah! God took his grace away from them!

Then you might consider Nineveh! God threatened to take his Grace from her too! But the Ninevites repented, and God relented!

You simply don't know what you're talkin'about! You keep giving examples of how little you understand Grace, and this last post by you is yet another example of your missunderstanding!

20. johnp.

johnp. New Member

Hello Wes.
    Grace is a fixed condition and cannot be taken from us. It is love expressed and we have it all and it's ours and no one can or will take it from us. It is God dealing with His Beloved to beautify Her for the wedding day. And we will be awesome for Him on that day, we will blow His mind as He blows ours! [Cool] I am holy, righteous and blameless and I will be perfect by His grace irrevocably given. Romans 11:29.
    I do not speak to the dead be careful. :cool:
    They had the gospel preached to them but it availed only to demonstrate God Sovereignty in reprobation.
    Sodom was not graced with mercy but with wrath. He hates such people. Not the sexually depraved but those of them that are not elect. The sexually depraved elect will never feel God's hate even if they do not repent of their sins. :cool:
    Whatever good thing the Lord gave these people who were not elect was only to damn them further. Better never to have been born than to be born and not born again.

john.