1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

IRS Investigating Hinn

Discussion in '2005 Archive' started by dh1948, Jul 15, 2005.

1. dh1948

dh1948 Member
    Site Supporter

The Dallas Morning News reports that the Bennie Hinn Ministries is under investigation. A spokesman for the ministry says it is a routine inquiry, not an audit.

It will be interesting to see how this plays out and what kind of spin Hinn puts on it. I suspect the devil will get the credit for this, don't you?

2. Rachel

Rachel New Member

That's good to hear that he's under investigation. But hasn't he been before? It's hard to believe that so many support him, what a kook.

3. Ben W

Ben W Active Member
    Site Supporter

Got a link? [​IMG]

4. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

I know EXACTLY why they are auditing the goon!!!

Here's why!

Each year---pastors are allowed to define and then deduct certain areas of expense---as ministry related. And then a few other "nick-nack" items they can exempt themselves from

For instance-----You can have a utility expense----if you live in a parsonage owned by the church----you do not have to pay federal taxes on this expense---but you DO have to pay Social Security tax on that particular amount. See how it works??

The IRS has sort of a "guideline" of what each expense SHOULD cost the pastor----on average----and sometimes when the pastor "claims" an expense that is like---way, way, way above the "average" that the IRS has set----then----little "bells and whistles" will start whistlin' and little red flags will start wavin' at the IRS office---and the pastor in question is then called in to "talk" with the "cheeze!!!" And the sorry sucker ain't gonna be in a good mood!!! :D

It has reached a circulated rumor---that our pastor in question(Benny--the Hen---Henn) is claiming way, way, way too much hair spray in expense accounts---plus the IRS seriously believes that hair spray is NOT a justifible ministry expense!! [​IMG]

Now!!! Somebody correct Blackbird if you think he's wrong----which he seldom very often is wrong!!! Because he is a :cool: [​IMG]

5. shannonL

shannonL New Member

Benny Hinn is a heretic. His ministry is straight from the pit. I hope they catch that crook and nail him to the wall.

6. Ben W

Ben W Active Member
    Site Supporter

Thanks Diane! I think 7 links are pretty much sufficent [​IMG]

I think that maybe when they investagate Bnny, they should investagate his wardrobe. The White suit really is not a good look in the new millenium! [​IMG]

7. yeshua4me2

yeshua4me2 New Member

the white suit comes from Katherine Khulmann, who beny necromances with often. Benny hinn is a liar, and the TV station that airs him (TBN...the blastphemy network" is a disgrace to christians. the ammount of false doctrine that hinn and tbn produces should set any good discerning christian aback. i read an online report (so take it with a grain of salt) by one of the cashiers at his colorado crusade. they said they had "never seen so much money in all his life" to quote deepthroat, "follow the money".