1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Is America Losing its "Favored Nation Status?" (part 2)

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by righteousdude2, Mar 2, 2013.

?
  1. Yes...

2 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. No...

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. I don't believe in "favored nation status"

4 vote(s)
    66.7%
  4. I have no opinion....

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Continued from part 1 of "Is God Losing its 'Favored Nation Status?'"-

Just think about this. Historians admit that Germany was right on the heals of having not only the "bomb" but a way to deliver it by way of rockets. Even so, America beat them to the punch. I shudder to think what we would have faced, as a nation and as a world. In short, we would all be speaking German today, and evil would reign supreme, had we not had "favored status" with God.

The lesson that has be quickly lost and forgotten since the war ended with Germany in May 1945, and Japan in September 1945. For whatever the reason(s), we as a nation [collectively] need to remember, that as easily asGod's favor came upon this nation, it can be lost, or taken away, and it is my opinion, that His favor is being removed with the increased mark of postmodernism;

Postmodernism has permeated the very fiber of American tradition and Christianity as a whole, especially the Biblical world view of living for Him, which has been replaced by the world biblical view. With the failure of this nation to stand behind God and with God, our eventual reward will be destruction at the hands of the evils we have allowed to slowly, but surely, infiltrate our morals, values and standards that once made America great! The values, morals and traditions we once solidly embraced practiced and taught within the halls of education, politics, corporate structure, social, cultural choices in life, and religious institutions here in America have all but vanished over the last 60 years.

We have truly sold our souls to the devil, and when that happens, not only will God give us up to the lusts of our hearts, but to the idols we've made and replaced God with [if you don't believe me, try reading the history of Israel in the Old Testiment]; and the spiritual and moral impurity that is dishonoring our bodies as we have exchanged the truth about God for a lie and worshiped and served the creature rather than the Creator, who is blessed for ever...and ever!"

Take a look at what happens when God removes His "favored status" In Ezra 9:8, we are warned that, "...for a brief moment, favor has been shown by the Lord our God, to leave us a remnant, and to give us a secure hold within his holy place!" In Lamentations 4:16, God tells His people that, "The Lord himself has scattered them, he will regard them no more; no honor was shown to the priests, no favor to the elders."

If we are to have a revival in this land, before we lose everything we were given under His hand of favor and blessing, we need to remember the words of the Apostle Paul in his letter to the Galation Church (1:10), "Am I now seeking the favor of men, or of God? Am I trying to please men? If I were still pleasing men, I should not be a servant of Christ?" We are also told that we can't serve both man and God. We have to choose whom we will serve!

There were seven churches in the Book of Revelations, and each church was given a letter for the end of time(s). There is one letter in Revelations 3:14-22, that I believe is meant for America, and especially it's churches and those who claim to be believers. Listen closely to what you read, and ask if this is not the Lord reasoning with us as a nation, a church and most importantly as an individual?

"And to the angel of the church in Laodicia write: 'The words of the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the beginning of God's creation. I know your works: you are neither cold nor hot. Would that you were cold or hot! So, because you are lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spew you out of my mouth. For you say, I am rich, I have prospered, and I need nothing; not knowing that you are wretched, pitiable, poor, blind, and naked. Therefore I counsel you to buy from me gold refined by fire, that you may be rich, and white garments to clothe you and to keep the shame of your nakedness from being seen, and salve to anoint your eyes, that you may see. Those whom I love, I reprove and chasten; so be zealous and repent. Behold, I stand at the door and knock; if any one hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and eat with him, and he with me. He who conquers, I will grant him to sit with me on my throne, as I myself conquered and sat down with my Father on his throne. He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches."

People of America....time is running out! Sooner than later, we will no longer be under the "favored nation" status of Jehovah Jireh, and when that happens, the Seven Deadly Sins found within the Bible will run havoc over this nation in a way that will not be able to be stopped.

What are those seven sins? They are as follows, and I think you can clearly see that America is pretty much engrossed in these sins already:

Pride: is excessive belief in one's own abilities, that interferes with the individual's recognition of the grace of God. It has been called the sin from which all others arise. Pride is also known as Vanity.

ENVY: is the desire for others' traits, status, abilities, or situation.

Gluttony: is an inordinate desire to consume more than that which one requires.

Lust: is an inordinate craving for the pleasures of the body.

Anger: is manifested in the individual who spurns love and opts instead for fury. It is also known as Wrath.

Greed: is the desire for material wealth or gain, ignoring the realm of the spiritual. It is also called Avarice or Covetousness.

Sloth: is the avoidance of physical or spiritual work.

"....but as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord." Joshua 24:15

#1 righteousdude2, Mar 2, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 2, 2013
  2. Oldtimer

Oldtimer New Member

IMO, America has already thrown away her most favored status for all the reasons in your list.

For 50-60 years I've been seeing the changes come about that have led to our downfall. Can't pinpoint the time in my youth when I first began to be aware of how much different the world view of society was from what I was learning(ed) from my parents. Born between the surrender of Germany and Japan, by the time the 60's rolled around, I was a young adult. And, had to face the challenges and choices of "traditional" values vs values best illustrated by those attending Woodstock.

Was there a single point in time, when we reached the point of no return? I don't know. Was it the pill or abortion access that lifted the last restraint to control lust? Was it the "shop till you drop" mentality that swept this land? Was it the forced and so-called separation of church and state that took God out of our education system? Was it when it became a disgrace to not to strive for a white collar instead of being satisified with a blue one? The list can go on as this nation turned from God and yielded to the lures of Satan.

Go to church or watch the Superbowl?
    Skip choir practice to watch American Idol?
    Get up at 2:00 am on Black Friday, but can't get up in time to go to church?
    Know all the stats of professional athletes, but can't name the VP of this land?
    Take off the Armour of God in order to embrase the diversity of all belief systems?
    Another list that can go on?

When did we seal our fate? I don't know about others. For myself, I wonder if it came about the first week in November 2012. The nation spoke and endorsed what it decided in 2008. The only question remaining is did this nation seal it's fate at an earlier point in time, and what happened in 2012 is a part of God's plan to bring us down. Did we still have a choice, last November or was the die already cast?

Yes, we have lost most favored status. How can we be any other when thousands of babies are being tossed into the arms of Baal everyday? When this land is filled with groves and high places at every turn. When it appears that so many churches PRIMARY concern is the "numbers" and all the negatives that entails. When a God-called pastor isn't creditable if he doesn't have a string of letters behind his name. When a "preacher" isn't successful if he doesn't have a shelf full of books at Lifeway and a greeting card display at Wal-Mart.

Guess you post hit a sore spot, Righteousdude2.

IMO, really the only question remaining is one I've stated before. When this nation falls is it just going to be another repeating of the mightly falling or will Jesus appear in the clouds soon and bring all of this to an end?

Either way, this old timer doesn't have many days, weeks, years -- whatever the case may be -- before He calls me home. So, my concern isn't so much for myself, as it is for the generations behind me, if He doesn't return soon. What will my great nieces and nephews have to endure before the end of their lifetimes?

May God have mercy on us all.

3. go2church

go2church Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I guess I don't agree with the premiss of America ever having a favored nation status

4. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What this poster said...

5. preachinjesus

preachinjesus Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Second! :thumbsup:

6. RLBosley

RLBosley Active Member

God only has one "favored nation"

But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light:~ 1 Peter 2:9