1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Is Biblish More Spiritual Than Plain English?

Discussion in 'Bible Versions & Translations' started by Rippon, Nov 3, 2013.

1. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You enjoy being in a pretend anger mode.

You like exaggerating things and assigning wicked motives to sincere questions.

I appreciate natural English in Bible versions. However,I do enjoy primarily hymns prior to the 19th century by-and-large. Yet,I am finding that many churches which use the KJV with old-speak prefer newer songs from the late 19th century onward. That is fascinating.

I didn't make a sweeping assertion that everyone who prays using antiquarian language is guilty of hypocrisy. It just seems that for someone who uses distinctly "American speech" in day-to-day life suddenly shifting to what they consider more holy language is wrong. As others have mentioned -- the Lord is not impressed with public prayer language that so radically alters their normal speech pattern.

For Bible versions using more natural English --the Lord is not displeased. For prayers addressed to Him in public using common English the Lord is not unhappy.

Why would someone pray in public using a form of English that is usually a poor replica of KJV-speak and yet in private use heart language? There is a disconnect there.

2. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    not in your "Heavenly tongue" then?

I tend to talk to God in my own natural way!

and do remind Him of Hios own promises given to us in the Bible...