1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Is Calvinism a False Doctrine?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by TaliOrlando, Feb 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Yes...they would have "exchanged the truth for a lie".

2. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Again I ask you: What part of "believeth not" do you not understand? To throw in red herrings, such as, you don't understand how all the world could or could not have heard the gospel is totally irrelevant to the question.

Do you believe that Christ is the only way to heaven, and that no man comes unto the Father but through him? A truthful answer to that question will solve your problem.

Asking questions not relevant to the initial premise only clouds the question. For example you could have asked: What about the aliens that we haven't found yet on other planets and in other solar systems? Did the blood of Christ pay for the penalty of their sins as well. The answer is: non sequitor.
    Don't keep bringing irrelevant tangents to the initial premise. Put your trust in the God of Heaven to work out the problems that you cannot. We understand what the Bible does say, not what the Bible does not say.

And the Bible says: "He that believeth not is condemned already."
    It teaches that the only sin that condemns a man to hell is the rejection of Jesus Christ as Saviour.

3. Bible-boy

Bible-boy Active Member

And now this one has crossed into the land of greater than 30 pages. So the closing thread warning is hereby issued. If you have anything to add to the discussion please do so because this thread will be closed within the next 24 hours. If you want to continue the discussion please feel free to start "Part II" in a new thread.

In Christ,

Bible-boy,
    Forum Moderator

4. Heavenly Pilgrim

Heavenly Pilgrim New Member

So anything that refutes the presupposition you bring to the text is now called a red herring. Such an approach only satisfies the mind that make up such falicious argumentation.

HP: Are you kidding? Jesus said, “I am the way the truth and the life. No man cometh unto the Father but by Me.” Christ is indeed the only way to the Father. What does this point have to do with the question I raised?

Heeding the moderator’s warning, why don’t you start part two of this discussion with your response? :)

5. Heavenly Pilgrim

Heavenly Pilgrim New Member

HP: Let me ask you a question. If one had not heard of Jesus Christ and the gospel, could it be rightfully stated that such a one 'has not believed' yet is 'condemned already because as a sinner 'they have not believed'?

HP: How can one exchange anything they have never heard of?? The point I am trying to make is that you can only get the verse in question to support the Calvinistic notion of the damning sin being the rejection of Jesus Christ IF you approach the verse from the presupposition of ‘all have received of the gospel message,’ an unsupported notion not found in Scripture or reason.
    Onward to part 2. :)

6. ReformedBaptist

ReformedBaptist Well-Known Member

I skipped every post just to make a quick comment on this statement. For the sake of integrity, I wish the author had included the letters in this accusation. I guess we just have to assume he is telling us the whole truth.

Also, the blanket statement about Calvinistic preachers is an overgeneralization. At first he seems to be addressing those who he says wrote him hate mail, but then blankets everyone who is a preacher and a calvinist.

There's no need to argue with the author's statement to try to prove he is wrong. These words alone from the author can inform the reader of the author's serious bias and anti-calvinism that has, I believe, colored his perceptions of Calvinist Christians and preachers, and his understanding of the Scriptures.

7. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

One exchanges the truth based on desire (they loved the darkness). That's Scripture, HP, THEY (the reprobate) exchanged the truth...they had it. You cannot exchange anything without having it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.