1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Is Creationism Paganism

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Kamoroso, May 16, 2006.

1. Kamoroso

Kamoroso New Member

Creationism dismissed as 'a kind of paganism' by Vatican's astronomer

IAN JOHNSTON

BELIEVING that God created the universe in six days is a form of superstitious paganism, the Vatican astronomer Guy Consolmagno claimed yesterday.

Brother Consolmagno, who works in a Vatican observatory in Arizona and as curator of the Vatican meteorite collection in Italy, said a "destructive myth" had developed in modern society that religion and science were competing ideologies.

He described creationism, whose supporters want it taught in schools alongside evolution, as a "kind of paganism" because it harked back to the days of "nature gods" who were responsible for natural events.

Brother Consolmagno argued that the Christian God was a supernatural one, a belief that had led the clergy in the past to become involved in science to seek natural reasons for phenomena such as thunder and lightning, which had been previously attributed to vengeful gods. "Knowledge is dangerous, but so is ignorance. That's why science and religion need to talk to each other," he said.

"Religion needs science to keep it away from superstition and keep it close to reality, to protect it from creationism, which at the end of the day is a kind of paganism - it's turning God into a nature god. And science needs religion in order to have a conscience, to know that, just because something is possible, it may not be a good thing to do."

Brother Consolmagno, who was due to give a speech at the Glasgow Science Centre last night, entitled "Why the Pope has an Astronomer", said the idea of papal infallibility had been a "PR disaster". What it actually meant was that, on matters of faith, followers should accept "somebody has got to be the boss, the final authority".

"It's not like he has a magic power, that God whispers the truth in his ear," he said.

How about that. According to the RC, I'm a pagan. So is anyone else that believes that God created the world in six days,or longer I guess.

Your thoughts.

Bye for now. Y. b. in C. Keith

2. gekko

gekko New Member

3. mcdirector

mcdirector Active Member

Wow. I'm a pagan too :D

4. nate

nate New Member

-------------NEWS FLASH--------------------
    If you eat pork according to the SDA your sinning!
    According to SDA worshipping on Sunday is a sin!
    Accroding to the SDA I sin because I worship on Sunday!

Your thoughts.

5. Claudia_T

Claudia_T New Member

boy nate,
    you sure are troubled by the SDA thing arent you? LOL!

6. Claudia_T

Claudia_T New Member

nate,

are you a catholic? you sure act like one, every time someone mentions the catholics you defend them somehow..

Kamaroso says something against the catholics and now you are trying to "get back" at him by trying to jump on the SDAs...

is that why you hate us so much?

cause you're a catholic?

7. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    "For in SIX Days the LORD (YHWH) CREATED the heavens and the earth" Exodus 20:8-11

I wonder if "Guy" meant to say "It is OK to believe God created the heavens and the earth in Six days - just not the entire universe"??

Naahh!

I think he meant that anyone who actually BELIEVES God when HE makes the claim "For in SIX Days the LORD (YHWH) CREATED the heavens and the earth" --

Well at least we know where Guy stands.

And apparently we know where "Nate" stands too. Nate thinks SDAs wrote Lev 11 and Isaiah 66 as God speaks to us about not eating rats, cats dogs and bats. Nate thinks this "SDAs wrote the Bible" view somehow accounts for this topic and those who actually BELIEVE God when HE says "For in SIX Days the LORD (YHWH) CREATED the heavens and the earth"

In Christ,

Bob

8. nate

nate New Member

No but I disagree with the SDA church just as much if not more than the RCC.

I don't hate you. I'm just dishing out what you SDA's on this board dish out. Which is jump on the negative and don't consider the positive.

I try not to hate anyone. But sometimes I fail [​IMG] . 1 RCC official says Creationism is paganism, I believe he's wrong, but your whole church says it's wrong to worship on Sunday of the two I would take more offense by the SDA positions listed above.

9. nate

nate New Member

No more than you guys are of the RCC.

10. Kamoroso

Kamoroso New Member

THE TESTIMONY OF JUST SO MANY PAGANS

Gen 1:1 1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

Gen 1:21 21 And God created great whales, and every living creature that moveth, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that it was good.

Gen 1:27 27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

Gen 1:31-2:4 31 And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good. And the evening and the morning were the sixth day.

CHAPTER 2 1 Thus the heavens and the earth were finished, and all the host of them.
    2 And on the seventh day God ended his work which he had made; and he rested on the seventh day from all his work which he had made.
    3 And God blessed the seventh day, and sanctified it: because that in it he had rested from all his work which God created and made.
    4 These are the generations of the heavens and of the earth when they were created, in the day that the LORD God made the earth and the heavens,

Gen 5:1-2 1 This is the book of the generations of Adam. In the day that God created man, in the likeness of God made he him;
    2 Male and female created he them; and blessed them, and called their name Adam, in the day when they were created.

Gen 6:7 7 And the LORD said, I will destroy man whom I have created from the face of the earth; both man, and beast, and the creeping thing, and the fowls of the air; for it repenteth me that I have made them.

Exod 20:8-11 8 Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy.
    9 Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work:
    10 But the seventh day is the sabbath of the LORD thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates:
    11 For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.

Deut 4:32 32 For ask now of the days that are past, which were before thee, since the day that God created man upon the earth, and ask from the one side of heaven unto the other, whether there hath been any such thing as this great thing is, or hath been heard like it?

Ps 148:1-5 1 Praise ye the LORD. Praise ye the LORD from the heavens: praise him in the heights.
    2 Praise ye him, all his angels: praise ye him, all his hosts.
    3 Praise ye him, sun and moon: praise him, all ye stars of light.
    4 Praise him, ye heavens of heavens, and ye waters that be above the heavens.
    5 Let them praise the name of the LORD: for he commanded, and they were created.

Isa 40:25-28 25 To whom then will ye liken me, or shall I be equal? saith the Holy One.
    26 Lift up your eyes on high, and behold who hath created these things, that bringeth out their host by number: he calleth them all by names by the greatness of his might, for that he is strong in power; not one faileth.
    27 Why sayest thou, O Jacob, and speakest, O Israel, My way is hid from the LORD, and my judgment is passed over from my God?
    28 Hast thou not known? hast thou not heard, that the everlasting God, the LORD, the Creator of the ends of the earth, fainteth not, neither is weary? there is no searching of his understanding.

Isa 42:5 5 Thus saith God the LORD, he that created the heavens, and stretched them out; he that spread forth the earth, and that which cometh out of it; he that giveth breath unto the people upon it, and spirit to them that walk therein:

Isa 45:5-12 5 I am the LORD, and there is none else, there is no God beside me: I girded thee, though thou hast not known me:
    6 That they may know from the rising of the sun, and from the west, that there is none beside me. I am the LORD, and there is none else.
    7 I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.
    8 Drop down, ye heavens, from above, and let the skies pour down righteousness: let the earth open, and let them bring forth salvation, and let righteousness spring up together; I the LORD have created it.
    9 Woe unto him that striveth with his Maker! Let the potsherd strive with the potsherds of the earth. Shall the clay say to him that fashioneth it, What makest thou? or thy work, He hath no hands?
    10 Woe unto him that saith unto his father, What begettest thou? or to the woman, What hast thou brought forth?
    11 Thus saith the LORD, the Holy One of Israel, and his Maker, Ask me of things to come concerning my sons, and concerning the work of my hands command ye me.
    12 I have made the earth, and created man upon it: I, even my hands, have stretched out the heavens, and all their host have I commanded.

Mark 13:19 19 For in those days shall be affliction, such as was not from the beginning of the creation which God created unto this time, neither shall be.

Eph 3:9 9 And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ:

John 1:1-3 1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
    2 The same was in the beginning with God.
    3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

Col 1:15-18 15 Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:
    16 For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:
    17 And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.
    18 And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence.

Rev 4:10-11 10 The four and twenty elders fall down before him that sat on the throne, and worship him that liveth for ever and ever, and cast their crowns before the throne, saying,
    11 Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created.

Rev 10:5-6 5 And the angel which I saw stand upon the sea and upon the earth lifted up his hand to heaven,
    6 And sware by him that liveth for ever and ever, who created heaven, and the things that therein are, and the earth, and the things that therein are, and the sea, and the things which are therein, that there should be time no longer:

Ps 33:1-9 1 Rejoice in the LORD, O ye righteous: for praise is comely for the upright.
    2 Praise the LORD with harp: sing unto him with the psaltery and an instrument of ten strings.
    3 Sing unto him a new song; play skilfully with a loud noise.
    4 For the word of the LORD is right; and all his works are done in truth.
    5 He loveth righteousness and judgment: the earth is full of the goodness of the LORD.
    6 By the word of the LORD were the heavens made; and all the host of them by the breath of his mouth.
    7 He gathereth the waters of the sea together as an heap: he layeth up the depth in storehouses.
    8 Let all the earth fear the LORD: let all the inhabitants of the world stand in awe of him.
    9 For he spake, and it was done; he commanded, and it stood fast.

Neh 9:6 6 Thou, even thou, art LORD alone; thou hast made heaven, the heaven of heavens, with all their host, the earth, and all things that are therein, the seas, and all that is therein, and thou preservest them all; and the host of heaven worshippeth thee.

Ps 95:1-11 1 O come, let us sing unto the LORD: let us make a joyful noise to the rock of our salvation.
    2 Let us come before his presence with thanksgiving, and make a joyful noise unto him with psalms.
    3 For the LORD is a great God, and a great King above all gods.
    4 In his hand are the deep places of the earth: the strength of the hills is his also.
    5 The sea is his, and he made it: and his hands formed the dry land.
    6 O come, let us worship and bow down: let us kneel before the LORD our maker.
    7 For he is our God; and we are the people of his pasture, and the sheep of his hand. To day if ye will hear his voice,
    8 Harden not your heart, as in the provocation, and as in the day of temptation in the wilderness:
    9 When your fathers tempted me, proved me, and saw my work.
    10 Forty years long was I grieved with this generation, and said, It is a people that do err in their heart, and they have not known my ways:
    11 Unto whom I sware in my wrath that they should not enter into my rest.

Ps 115:15-18 15 Ye are blessed of the LORD which made heaven and earth.
    16 The heaven, even the heavens, are the LORD's: but the earth hath he given to the children of men.
    17 The dead praise not the LORD, neither any that go down into silence.
    18 But we will bless the LORD from this time forth and for evermore. Praise the LORD.

Ps 121:1-2 1 I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills, from whence cometh my help.
    2 My help cometh from the LORD, which made heaven and earth.

Ps 124:8 8 Our help is in the name of the LORD, who made heaven and earth.

Ps 134:1-3 1 Behold, bless ye the LORD, all ye servants of the LORD, which by night stand in the house of the LORD.
    2 Lift up your hands in the sanctuary, and bless the LORD.
    3 The LORD that made heaven and earth bless thee out of Zion.

Ps 136:1-9 1 O give thanks unto the LORD; for he is good: for his mercy endureth for ever.
    2 O give thanks unto the God of gods: for his mercy endureth for ever.
    3 O give thanks to the Lord of lords: for his mercy endureth for ever.
    4 To him who alone doeth great wonders: for his mercy endureth for ever.
    5 To him that by wisdom made the heavens: for his mercy endureth for ever.
    6 To him that stretched out the earth above the waters: for his mercy endureth for ever.
    7 To him that made great lights: for his mercy endureth for ever:
    8 The sun to rule by day: for his mercy endureth for ever:
    9 The moon and stars to rule by night: for his mercy endureth for ever.

Ps 146:5-6 5 Happy is he that hath the God of Jacob for his help, whose hope is in the LORD his God:
    6 Which made heaven, and earth, the sea, and all that therein is: which keepeth truth for ever:

Isa 37:16 16 O LORD of hosts, God of Israel, that dwellest between the cherubims, thou art the God, even thou alone, of all the kingdoms of the earth: thou hast made heaven and earth.

Isa 45:18-19 18 For thus saith the LORD that created the heavens; God himself that formed the earth and made it; he hath established it, he created it not in vain, he formed it to be inhabited: I am the LORD; and there is none else.
    19 I have not spoken in secret, in a dark place of the earth: I said not

Jer 10:10-13 10 But the LORD is the true God, he is the living God, and an everlasting king: at his wrath the earth shall tremble, and the nations shall not be able to abide his indignation.
    11 Thus shall ye say unto them, The gods that have not made the heavens and the earth, even they shall perish from the earth, and from under these heavens.
    12 He hath made the earth by his power, he hath established the world by his wisdom, and hath stretched out the heavens by his discretion.
    13 When he uttereth his voice, there is a multitude of waters in the heavens, and he causeth the vapours to ascend from the ends of the earth; he maketh lightnings with rain, and bringeth forth the wind out of his treasures.

Jer 14:22 22 Are there any among the vanities of the Gentiles that can cause rain? or can the heavens give showers? art not thou he, O LORD our God? therefore we will wait upon thee: for thou hast made all these things.

Jer 27:4-5 4 And command them to say unto their masters, Thus saith the LORD of hosts, the God of Israel; Thus shall ye say unto your masters;
    5 I have made the earth, the man and the beast that are upon the ground, by my great power and by my outstretched arm, and have given it unto whom it seemed meet unto me.

Jer 32:17-19 17 Ah Lord GOD! behold, thou hast made the heaven and the earth by thy great power and stretched out arm, and there is nothing too hard for thee:
    18 Thou shewest lovingkindness unto thousands, and recompensest the iniquity of the fathers into the bosom of their children after them: the Great, the Mighty God, the LORD of hosts, is his name,
    19 Great in counsel, and mighty in work: for thine eyes are open upon all the ways of the sons of men: to give every one according to his ways, and according to the fruit of his doings:

Matt 19:4-5 4 And he answered and said unto them, Have ye not read, that he which made them at the beginning made them male and female,
    5 And said, For this cause shall a man leave father and mother, and shall cleave to his wife: and they twain shall be one flesh?

Mark 10:6-7 6 But from the beginning of the creation God made them male and female.
    7 For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and cleave to his wife;

John 1:9-11 9 That was the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world.
    10 He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not.
    11 He came unto his own, and his own received him not.

Acts 4:24-31 24 And when they heard that, they lifted up their voice to God with one accord, and said, Lord, thou art God, which hast made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and all that in them is:
    25 Who by the mouth of thy servant David hast said, Why did the heathen rage, and the people imagine vain things?
    26 The kings of the earth stood up, and the rulers were gathered together against the Lord, and against his Christ.
    27 For of a truth against thy holy child Jesus, whom thou hast anointed, both Herod, and Pontius Pilate, with the Gentiles, and the people of Israel, were gathered together,
    28 For to do whatsoever thy hand and thy counsel determined before to be done.
    29 And now, Lord, behold their threatenings: and grant unto thy servants, that with all boldness they may speak thy word,
    30 By stretching forth thine hand to heal; and that signs and wonders may be done by the name of thy holy child Jesus.
    31 And when they had prayed, the place was shaken where they were assembled together; and they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and they spake the word of God with boldness.

Heb 1:1-2 1 God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets,
    2 Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;

Rev 14:6-7 6 And I saw another angel fly in the midst of heaven, having the everlasting gospel to preach unto them that dwell on the earth, and to every nation, and kindred, and tongue, and people,
    7 Saying with a loud voice, Fear God, and give glory to him; for the hour of his judgment is come: and worship him that made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and the fountains of waters.

Rom 1:16-24 16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.
    17 For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.
    18 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness;
    19 Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them.
    20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:
    21 Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.
    22 Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,
    23 And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.
    24 Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:

2 Pet 3:3-7 3 Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts,
    4 And saying, Where is the promise of his coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation.
    5 For this they willingly are ignorant of, that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of the water and in the water:
    6 Whereby the world that then was, being overflowed with water, perished:
    7 But the heavens and the earth, which are now, by the same word are kept in store, reserved unto fire against the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men.

The word of God has nothing to do with Paganism. Nay, but the Church of Rome is Pagan. She is the MOTHER OF HARLOTS, AND THE ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH. She must deny the words of Moses, the prophets, the Apostles, and Christ Himself for she desires to sit in the place of God Himself. She is the master piece of Satan himself, therefore she desires that which Satan desires, to sit in the place of God.

She refutes creation, because to acknowledge it as true entails admitting that the seventh day Sabbath was established at creation for all humanity. It is her desire to replace the command God, with her own command. God asks for our obedience concerning the day which He has established as holy, only God can sanctify anything. The Church of Rome seeks to usurp the authority of God, just as their father Satan does also, by demanding obedience to the day of worship which it claims to have sanctified. Choose you this day whom you will serve.

God says-

Exod 20:8-11 8 Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy.
    9 Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work:
    10 But the seventh day is the sabbath of the LORD thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates:
    11 For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.

Rome says-

Therefore, also in the particular circumstances of our own time, Christians will naturally strive to ensure that civil legislation respects their duty to keep Sunday holy. In any case, they are obliged in conscience to arrange their Sunday rest in a way which allows them to take part in the Eucharist, refraining from work and activities which are incompatible with the sanctification of the Lord's Day, with its characteristic joy and necessary rest for spirit and body. (112)
    (Pope John Paul II's APOSTOLIC LETTER DIES DOMINI.)

By the way, I don’t hate RC’s. As a Christian, I don’t even have the right to hate anybody. What I hate, is a lie. Jesus Christ is the “ truth, the way, and the life.” Those lies which take away from His authority, and distort His character, and the character of the Father need to be addressed.

11. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I wonder if "Guy" meant to say "It is OK to believe God created the heavens and the earth in Six days - just not the entire universe"??

Naahh!

I think he meant they condemn anyone who actually BELIEVES God when HE makes the claim "For in SIX Days the LORD (YHWH) CREATED the heavens and the earth" --

Well at least we know where Guy stands.

And apparently we know where "Nate" stands too. Nate thinks SDAs wrote Lev 11 and Isaiah 66 as God speaks to us about not eating rats, cats dogs and bats. Nate thinks this "SDAs wrote the Bible" view somehow accounts for this topic and those who actually BELIEVE God when HE says "For in SIX Days the LORD (YHWH) CREATED the heavens and the earth"

In Christ,

Bob [/QB]</font>[/QUOTE]

12. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    This issue of the cancer of atheist darwinism growing in Christianity today - is a far bigger threat to the Gospel than any atheist fictional accounts of the Da Vinci flavor.

13. Kamoroso

Kamoroso New Member

Has anyone ever met someone who keeps the fourth commandment, and also believes in evolution? It would be nonsense to keep the fourth commadment, and also beleive in the theory of evolution. The two completely contradict each other.

On the other hand, has anyone ever met those who keep Sunday as sacred, that believes in the theory of evolution? Almost without question we have. In fact, it could almost be unquestionably said, that the vast majority, if not all "Christians" who believe in the theory of evolution, come from the Sunday sacredness beleivers. Possibly from those who believe it doesn't matter which day one calls holy. This in and of itself, is a statement. Once you have said that one part of God's word doesn't matter, then all the rest is subject to the same judgement.

14. Kamoroso

Kamoroso New Member

8-The Sabbath, a sign

Exodus 31 12And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying, 13Speak thou also unto the children of Israel, saying, Verily my sabbaths ye shall keep: for it is a sign between me and you throughout your generations; that ye may know that I am the LORD that doth sanctify you. 14Ye shall keep the sabbath therefore; for it is holy unto you: every one that defileth it shall surely be put to death: for whosoever doeth any work therein, that soul shall be cut off from among his people. 15Six days may work be done; but in the seventh is the sabbath of rest, holy to the LORD: whosoever doeth any work in the sabbath day, he shall surely be put to death. 16Wherefore the children of Israel shall keep the sabbath, to observe the sabbath throughout their generations, for a perpetual covenant. 17It is a sign between me and the children of Israel for ever: for in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, and on the seventh day he rested, and was refreshed. 18And he gave unto Moses, when he had made an end of communing with him upon mount Sinai, two tables of testimony, tables of stone, written with the finger of God.

The above scriptures have a vitally important introduction. Verse twelve says that the words following, were spoken directly by God himself, to Moses. What we are reading in verses thirteen through seventeen are not the words of a man inspired by God, but words spoken by God himself. The ten commandments, which were given to Moses by God, were written with God’s own finger. The fourth commandment being a vital part of the ten. It points out who God is, and why He has authority to give these commands. Twice, God said to Moses, that those who would not observe the day, should be put to death. This is how important the keeping of this commandment was to God. It was, and it is, vital to humanity, that they be reminded at least once a week, who God is, and who they are in relation to Him. To forget this means certain death, for there is nothing apart from God. Those who choose to be apart from God, are choosing non existence. In our fallen nature especially, we need this constant reminder.

God said that the seventh day Sabbath is a sign that He is the one who sanctifies the sinner. The seventh day is a holy day, to all those who would be sanctified by God. It is a perpetual covenant between God and the people which He sanctifies, that is makes holy. The day is holy, and those who observe it by faith in the word of God, signify, that they wish also to be made holy. This is accomplished through faith alone, in the word of God. If we wish to be like God, we must believe that He is, who He is. He is the creator, and sustainer of all life. The observance of the seventh day Sabbath, is a proclamation of the same. Faith in God must embrace, and begin with this most basic fact.

Hebrews 11 1Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. 2For by it the elders obtained a good report. 3Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear.
    4By faith Abel offered unto God a more excellent sacrifice than Cain, by which he obtained witness that he was righteous, God testifying of his gifts: and by it he being dead yet speaketh. 5By faith Enoch was translated that he should not see death; and was not found, because God had translated him: for before his translation he had this testimony, that he pleased God. 6 But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

It is impossible to please God without faith. Our faith begins with the “understanding that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear.” Chapter eleven of Hebrews goes on to testify of the accomplishments of those who had faith in God. All of these great men and women of faith believed that God was the creator, and sustainer of all life. A faith which is promulgated, and perpetuated by the observance of the seventh day Sabbath. When we demonstrate our faith by observing the fourth commandment, we express our faith in Christ, for He is the creator.

Ephesians 3 9And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ: 10To the intent that now unto the principalities and powers in heavenly places might be known by the church the manifold wisdom of God, 11According to the eternal purpose which he purposed in Christ Jesus our Lord: 12In whom we have boldness and access with confidence by the faith of him. 13Wherefore I desire that ye faint not at my tribulations for you, which is your glory.
    14For this cause I bow my knees unto the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, 15Of whom the whole family in heaven and earth is named, 16That he would grant you, according to the riches of his glory, to be strengthened with might by his Spirit in the inner man; 17That Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith; that ye, being rooted and grounded in love, 18May be able to comprehend with all saints what is the breadth, and length, and depth, and height; 19And to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with all the fulness of God. 20Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us, 21Unto him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus throughout all ages, world without end. Amen.

God created all things by Jesus Christ. He did so with a purpose of making known the manifold wisdom of God. This was, and is, “according to the eternal purpose which he purposed in Christ Jesus our Lord.” Part of this purpose was that Christ might dwell in our hearts by faith, and that we might come to understand, and know the love of Christ which surpasses knowledge. The ultimate goal being, that we might be filled with the fullness of God.

Christ created the world (John 1: 1-3&14). He sustains the world (Col. 1: 16&17). He became one of us, to redeem the world after the fall (Heb. 2: 14-18). He succeeded in redeeming the world (Col. 1:14). He now ever lives to intercede for those who have chosen to be His (Heb. 7:22-28). He will come again and receive His own (John 14:1-3). Christ is all in all. When He has finished His work, He will subject Himself to the Father, that God may be all in all. This is the eternal purpose in Christ Jesus. That is to bring all creation back into harmony and willing submission to God. This He accomplished by revealing the true character, and love of God (John 14: 9&10), which had been maligned by the accusations of Satan and his angels, and the human race which has fallen by believing these accusations.

1 Corinthians 15 20But now is Christ risen from the dead, and become the firstfruits of them that slept. 21For since by man came death, by man came also the resurrection of the dead. 22For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive. 23But every man in his own order: Christ the firstfruits; afterward they that are Christ’s at his coming. 24Then cometh the end, when he shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he shall have put down all rule and all authority and power. 25For he must reign, till he hath put all enemies under his feet. 26The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death. 27For he hath put all things under his feet. But when he saith all things are put under him, it is manifest that he is excepted, which did put all things under him. 28And when all things shall be subdued unto him, then shall the Son also himself be subject unto him that put all things under him, that God may be all in all.

Man rebelled against God, resulting in death. Christ became a man, and lived a life of perfect obedience to God. He then died the death that we deserve, and was raised from the dead as the firstfruits of all those who believe in Him. Condemnation and death came to all of us through Adam, though we had nothing to do with his actions. So also, life and justification have come to all through the Lord Jesus Christ, though we had nothing to do with His actions. Now the choice is ours. Do we choose life through Christ unto righteousness, or do we choose death through Adam unto rebellion. It is all about authority. Who is in authority? Who can be trusted with authority? God, through His Son Jesus Christ, is both in authority, and has proven that He can be trusted with authority.

The issue remains only within us then. Will we submit to the trustworthy authority of God, or will we continue in rebellion and the exaltation of self? Christ is the for-runner, He has shown us the way. Will we follow Him? How many have heard the question, what would Christ do. There are bumper stickers, and hats, and shirts with that question on them. I ask you concerning the observance of the seventh day Sabbath, what would Christ do? There is only one answer to this question, for He did it, He faithfully observed all of the commandments of God when here on earth as one of us, including the fourth commandment. Again, it is simply a question of authority. Whose authority do you claim to obey? Whose authority do you really obey?

John 8 27They understood not that he spake to them of the Father. 28Then said Jesus unto them, When ye have lifted up the Son of man, then shall ye know that I am he, and that I do nothing of myself; but as my Father hath taught me, I speak these things. 29And he that sent me is with me: the Father hath not left me alone; for I do always those things that please him. 30As he spake these words, many believed on him.

John 5 19Then answered Jesus and said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, The Son can do nothing of himself, but what he seeth the Father do: for what things soever he doeth, these also doeth the Son likewise. 20For the Father loveth the Son, and showeth him all things that himself doeth: and he will show him greater works than these, that ye may marvel. 21For as the Father raiseth up the dead, and quickeneth them; even so the Son quickeneth whom he will. 22For the Father judgeth no man, but hath committed all judgment unto the Son: 23That all men should honour the Son, even as they honour the Father. He that honoureth not the Son honoureth not the Father which hath sent him. 24Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life. 25Verily, verily, I say unto you, The hour is coming, and now is, when the dead shall hear the voice of the Son of God: and they that hear shall live. 26For as the Father hath life in himself; so hath he given to the Son to have life in himself; 27And hath given him authority to execute judgment also, because he is the Son of man. 28Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice, 29And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation. 30I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just; because I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me.

Jesus Christ is the way, the truth, and the life (John 14:6). No man can come to the Father but by him. It is through the Son, that we are to approach the Father. If we wish to be the sons and daughters of God, then we must follow the example of our Lord and savior Jesus Christ. Christ did not seek the accomplishment of His own will, but rather the accomplishment of the will of His Father. How about you? Do you seek to accomplish your own will, or do you seek to accomplish the will of your Father in heaven? Those who seek to do the will of their Father in heaven, will be called forth from the grave by the Son, to live forever with God in heaven. Or do you not understand that you have been made the literal sons and daughters of God by the sacrifice of His Son Jesus Christ? If only you will accept this gift, and act accordingly. That is to say, as if you really believe that you are the sons and daughters of God. Our minds are not even capable of comprehending the depth of what has been done for us. To be made the literal flesh and blood sons and daughters of the living God.

Philippians 2 1If there be therefore any consolation in Christ, if any comfort of love, if any fellowship of the Spirit, if any bowels and mercies, 2Fulfil ye my joy, that ye be likeminded, having the same love, being of one accord, of one mind. 3Let nothing be done through strife or vainglory; but in lowliness of mind let each esteem other better than themselves. 4Look not every man on his own things, but every man also on the things of others. 5Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus: 6Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God: 7But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men: 8And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross. 9Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name: 10That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth; 11And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

Let this mind be in you, that is the mind of Christ, not the mind of Satan. Christ, although He was God, did not strive to be equal with God, but instead, He humbled himself, and became obedient to God the Father, even to the point of death. Christ exalted the Father by submitting to His authority in all things. Satan, on the other hand, chose to follow his own leading, even to the point of murdering the Son of God. This is where all self exaltation leads. God alone is worthy of our praise and worship. Anyone who desires to have that which belongs only to God, wishes to be in God’s place. This of course is impossible, for the created being cannot take the place of the creator. For the creator is also the sustainer, which thing the created being is not capable of.

Ironically enough, this is exactly what God allowed in the crucifixion of His Son the Lord Jesus Christ. He allowed created beings in rebellion against Him, to kill Him, in and through His Son Jesus Christ. This He did that all creation might understand where all sin really leads. It is a question of authority. What is sin, but the breaking of the commandments of God? Whose commands will you follow? The ten commandments came directly from the mouth of God, and were written directly by the finger of God. Will you acknowledge His authority or not? This is the question that will divide this world in two.

The fourth commandment is ignored by the vast majority of professed Christians. They will not submit to the authority of God concerning this vital part of the ten commandments. They forsake the commandment of God, in favor of upholding the traditions of man. They believe that because they profess the name of Jesus, they do not have to obey God. They do not understand that professing the name of Jesus means submitting to the authority of God the Father in all things. They do not understand that workers of iniquity will not be in heaven, even if they claimed to profess the name of Jesus Christ.

Matthew 7 21Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. 22Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? 23And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

What is a worker of iniquity? Have we not all sinned, and fallen short of the glory of God? Is it only those who have become totally perfected in Christ that will be saved? If we sin, we have an advocate with the Father (1 John 2:1). If we confess our sins, He is faithful, and just to forgive us of our sins (1 John 1:9). We have all sinned, and are all sinners. We can all however, be forgiven of our sins, and herein lies the problem. To be forgiven of sin, one must confess their sins. Therefore, the one who will not acknowledge sin, as sin, will not confess it as such, and cannot be forgiven. Observe the following.

1 John 1 8If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. 9If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. 10If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.

If we say that we have not sinned, we make Him a liar, and His word is not in us. All those who have truly accepted Jesus Christ as their personal Savior, have confessed that they have sinned. This is why we accept Him, to be forgiven for our sins, and saved from their consequences. However, it is clear from the scriptures, that many will make this general acknowledgement, while rejecting the truth regarding certain particulars of sin. To reject the truth, is sin. It leaves the one who does so, without hope of forgiveness, or victory over deception, and its result, which is sin. Lets take a look at what the scriptures say regarding this matter.

2 Thessalonians 2 3Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition; 4Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, showing himself that he is God. 5Remember ye not, that, when I was yet with you, I told you these things? 6And now ye know what withholdeth that he might be revealed in his time. 7For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way. 8And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming: 9Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders, 10And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved. 11And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie: 12That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

Those who perish will do so because they “ received not the love of the truth”. They choose to believe a lie. Therefore, they cannot be forgiven, since they will never confess that sin, which they will not acknowledging as sin. Nor can they even begin recovery, since they will not admit their true condition. A drunk cannot recover from being a drunk until he, or she admits that they are a drunk. Likewise with the thief, murderer, adulterer, and so on, and so on. So also, the one who will never acknowledge the validity of the fourth commandment, will never change their course of action in regards to it. Nor will they seek forgiveness for that which they do not believe to be sin. Thus, by choosing to believe a lie, they have cut themselves off from the saving arm of their God. Lest we forget, Jesus Christ is the Word of God, and the Way, the Truth, and the Life. Rejecting the truth of God’s word, is verily rejecting the Lord Jesus Christ.

The above scriptures are not only referring to a condition, but also a time. It is in the last days, that strong delusion will be sent upon the world, because it has already chosen to believe a lie. This is exactly what we are addressing in this book, that is the last message for this world, in its last days. Quite fittingly, it is the man of sin, who apposes, and exalts himself above God, that brings about this deception with all the lying wonders of Satan himself. This is the man who will establish sin in this world through deception. This man is also spoken of in the book of Daniel.

Daniel 7 23Thus he said, The fourth beast shall be the fourth kingdom upon earth, which shall be diverse from all kingdoms, and shall devour the whole earth, and shall tread it down, and break it in pieces. 24And the ten horns out of this kingdom are ten kings that shall arise: and another shall rise after them; and he shall be diverse from the first, and he shall subdue three kings. 25And he shall speak great words against the most High, and shall wear out the saints of the most High, and think to change times and laws: and they shall be given into his hand until a time and times and the dividing of time. 26But the judgment shall sit, and they shall take away his dominion, to consume and to destroy it unto the end. 27And the kingdom and dominion, and the greatness of the kingdom under the whole heaven, shall be given to the people of the saints of the most High, whose kingdom is an everlasting kingdom, and all dominions shall serve and obey him. 28Hitherto is the end of the matter.

This fourth beast of Daniel chapter seven, is the same beast of the book of Revelation which we have already discussed, and identified in a previous chapter. It is the form of government that is controlled by Babylon. This is made obvious from its actions, and the fact that it is destroyed when God’s everlasting kingdom is set up upon this world, that is, the end of this world. This beast speaks great words against the most high, it wears out the saints of the most high, and it thinks to change times, and laws. These things we know to be fulfilled by the Church of Rome, as we have already established. The changing of times and laws is exactly what we are discussing. The fourth commandment, is the only commandment dealing specifically with time. The Church of Rome has claimed authority to change the time of the Sabbath of the fourth commandment. This is a lie. Those who accept this lie, as the truth, have chosen to believe a lie. If they will not admit their true condition, they cannot be saved. These things transpire immediately before the Lord returns. This we will discuss in more detail, in the following chapter.

As previously mentioned by the writer, it is a message from God that will divide the world in two before he returns. It is not the Devil’s deceptions that will bring about the end, but rather, a message from God, regarding the truths of His word. These things will all take place, because God’s word has said it will be so, not because Satan has power to make anything happen of his own accord. The Devil does not want this world to come to the point of decision, for he knows, when it does, it is the end for him. Thus, the responsibility for giving this message to the world, so that Christ may return, lies squarely upon those who claim Christ as their Lord.

The seventh day Sabbath is therefore, a sign, in these last days especially, that one is a true worshiper of the true God. It is a sign, that those who observe it believe that God is the creator of this world in and through his Son, the Lord Jesus Christ (Exo. 20:8-11, & John 1:1-3 & 14). That He sustains this world, and all life in it, in and through His Son, the Lord Jesus Christ (Col. 1: 16&17). That He has saved this world in rebellion, in and through His Son, the Lord Jesus Christ, and there is salvation in no other (John 3:16, & Acts 4:12). That salvation comes to the believer, by entering into His rest, in and through His Son, the Lord Jesus Christ, which the Sabbath itself, is a sign of (Matt. 11:28&29, & Heb. 4) That He has provided continual intercession for all of humanity, in and through His Son, the Lord Jesus Christ (Heb. 4:14-16, & Heb. 7:22-28) That He will sanctify, yes, make holy, those who have faith in Him, in and through His Son, the Lord Jesus Christ. The very thing which the Sabbath is a sign of (Exo. 31:12-18, John 17:17-19, Acts 26:15-18, 1 Cor. 6:9-11, Heb. 10:7-17). That all of the above was, and is, according to the eternal purpose of God, in and through His Son, the Lord Jesus Christ. That is, in the creation, preservation, and redemption of this world (Eph. 3:9-12).

The Sabbath is a sign, that those who observe it believe that Jesus Christ is all in all. That He created the world. He sustains the world. He has redeemed the world. He ever liveth to make intercession for the world. He sanctifies His own in the world through the indwelling of the Holy Spirit, whom he sends (John 14:26, 15:26&27). He came to this world, as one of us. His life in this world, is our example for living. He is the living word of God. As he himself has said “Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.” (Matt. 4:4).

Those who observe the seventh day Sabbath, do so strictly by faith in the word of God. There is nothing about the seventh day, that separates it from any of the rest, save the word of God pertaining to it. Nothing out of the ordinary happens on this day to anyone accept the believer. The believer accepts by faith, that the day is blessed and holy, and therefore acts accordingly. The result, is first the exaltation of God, by the obedience of those who submit to His rightful, and trustworthy authority. The second, is the establishment of that authority in the life of the believer, and the essential reminder to the believer of their proper place in relation to our infinite God. Thus the day is a reminder, that God is all in all to those whom He has created. A day to set aside all else, and rest in the word of our creator, and sustainer, and redeemer. The observance of the seventh day Sabbath is a perfect example of faith in God’s word, in action. We will close this chapter with the message of the first angel.

Revelation 14 6And I saw another angel fly in the midst of heaven, having the everlasting gospel to preach unto them that dwell on the earth, and to every nation, and kindred, and tongue, and people, 7Saying with a loud voice, Fear God, and give glory to him; for the hour of his judgment is come: and worship him that made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and the fountains of waters.

15. Kamoroso

Kamoroso New Member

9-SUNDAY, A SIGN

Genesis 4 3And in process of time it came to pass, that Cain brought of the fruit of the ground an offering unto the LORD. 4And Abel, he also brought of the firstlings of his flock and of the fat thereof. And the LORD had respect unto Abel and to his offering: 5But unto Cain and to his offering he had not respect. And Cain was very wroth, and his countenance fell.
    6And the LORD said unto Cain, Why art thou wroth? and why is thy countenance fallen? 7If thou doest well, shalt thou not be accepted? and if thou doest not well, sin lieth at the door. And unto thee shall be his desire, and thou shalt rule over him.
    8And Cain talked with Abel his brother: and it came to pass, when they were in the field, that Cain rose up against Abel his brother, and slew him.

In the above scriptures, we have the account of two different worshipers of God. These two men are the offspring of Adam and Eve, and there modes of worship are a fit representative of all the offspring of Adam and Eve that will ever inhabit this world. They are both bringing an offering to the God that they worship. However, God only respects the offering of one of them. Why do you suppose God rejected one offering, and accepted the other? Cain is given a warning from God about his actions. What was it about Cain’s offering that was not well, and was a sign that sin was in his heart? To find the answer to this question, we must go to the book of Hebrews, which addresses this very issue.

Hebrews 11 4By faith Abel offered unto God a more excellent sacrifice than Cain, by which he obtained witness that he was righteous, God testifying of his gifts: and by it he being dead yet speaketh.

According to the book of Hebrews, the offering, or sacrifice of Abel was by faith, while the offering of Cain was apparently not. It is not possible to have faith, regarding something to which you have no understanding. It is obvious therefore, that God had already instructed Cain and Abel, as to what constituted a proper offering. All throughout the scriptures, a lamb has been a type of Christ. It has been offered to God as a sacrifice, signifying the believer’s faith in the Messiah to come. There is no reason to believe that God left this important truth up to humanity to figure out for themselves. Thus, Abel’s offering was by faith in the word of God, by way of instruction concerning the promise of a coming Messiah.

Romans 10 16But they have not all obeyed the gospel. For Esaias saith, Lord, who hath believed our report? 17So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God. 18But I say, Have they not heard? Yes verily, their sound went into all the earth, and their words unto the ends of the world. 19But I say, Did not Israel know? First Moses saith, I will provoke you to jealousy by them that are no people, and by a foolish nation I will anger you. 20But Esaias is very bold, and saith, I was found of them that sought me not; I was made manifest unto them that asked not after me. 21But to Israel he saith, All day long I have stretched forth my hands unto a disobedient and gainsaying people.

According to the above verses, faith comes by hearing, and believing the word of God. The apostle Paul is speaking of the Jews in the above verses, testifying to the fact that although they heard the word of God, they did not believe it. Although God continually stretched forth His hands to Israel, they still did not believe, and were a disobedient people. God has not left His people in ignorance. The gospel has always been explained to those whom He calls His own. Paul testifies to this fact concerning Israel in the book of Hebrews, concerning some scriptures that we have already discussed, pertaining to faith, and entering into God’s rest.

Hebrews 4 1Let us therefore fear, lest, a promise being left us of entering into his rest, any of you should seem to come short of it. 2For unto us was the gospel preached, as well as unto them: but the word preached did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in them that heard it. 3For we which have believed do enter into rest, as he said, As I have sworn in my wrath, if they shall enter into my rest: although the works were finished from the foundation of the world. 4For he spake in a certain place of the seventh day on this wise, And God did rest the seventh day from all his works. 5And in this place again, If they shall enter into my rest. 6Seeing therefore it remaineth that some must enter therein, and they to whom it was first preached entered not in because of unbelief: 7Again, he limiteth a certain day, saying in David, To day, after so long a time; as it is said, To day if ye will hear his voice, harden not your hearts. 8For if Jesus had given them rest, then would he not afterward have spoken of another day. 9There remaineth therefore a rest to the people of God. 10For he that is entered into his rest, he also hath ceased from his own works, as God did from his.

The Jews were given the gospel message, just as we are. They would not believe it. That is to say, they would not let it have it’s desired effect. What is the desired effect of the gospel of Jesus Christ? Is it not the willing submission, and obedience of the created being, to their creator. Those who believe God, will act accordingly, that is in accordance with His expressed will. This is basic. The Jews gave God lip service, but would not follow through with their actions. Is not this the very thing that each and everyone of us struggle with? This is where the buck stops, with each and every individual who claims to be one of God’s children. Our actions will reveal our faith. Is our faith in God, resulting in obedience to Him, or is it in ourselves, resulting in our obedience to the flesh.

This is exactly what made the difference between the offerings of Cain and Abel. God does not leave us in ignorance concerning our salvation. Abel brought an offering of the firstlings of his flock, that is a lamb, because God had already instructed them that only the lamb of God could save them from their sins. This is the essential truth, nothing from ourselves can in any way add to our salvation, which comes to us through Christ alone. We cannot make salvation a mixture of Gods offering, and my offering. The offering is Christ alone, and my complete submission to His example in all things. There can be none of me, it must be all of Christ, He must be all in all.

This was the problem with Cain’s offering. He brought the fruit, of the labors of his own hands as an offering, or sacrifice to God. Cain thought he would bring the best that he had to offer. That which he had put so much time and effort into, for he was a tiller of the ground (Gen. 4:2), as his best offering to God. His actions were not in accordance with faith in the word of God. He chose his own sacrifice, instead of the one that God had instructed. This is why obedience is better than sacrifice, because obedience is sacrifice. It is the sacrifice of our own wills, to the will of God.

1 Samuel 15 22And Samuel said, Hath the LORD as great delight in burnt offerings and sacrifices, as in obeying the voice of the LORD? Behold, to obey is better than sacrifice, and to hearken than the fat of rams. 23For rebellion is as the sin of witchcraft, and stubbornness is as iniquity and idolatry. Because thou hast rejected the word of the LORD, he hath also rejected thee from being king.

The sacrifice which God requires, has always been the Lord Jesus Christ, and Him crucified. Our God is not like the false god’s of this world, who require a gift to appease their anger. Our God is the one who gave the gift to us, for our salvation. That gift was His Son, the Lord Jesus Christ. The scripture is clear - John 3 16For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. 17For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

So what is this thing that God has done through His Son Jesus Christ. How is it that He has saved us from our sins. Observe the following.

Hebrews 10 5Wherefore when he cometh into the world, he saith, Sacrifice and offering thou wouldest not, but a body hast thou prepared me: 6In burnt offerings and sacrifices for sin thou hast had no pleasure.
    7Then said I, Lo, I come (in the volume of the book it is written of me,) to do thy will, O God. 8Above when he said, Sacrifice and offering and burnt offerings and offering for sin thou wouldest not, neither hadst pleasure therein; which are offered by the law; 9Then said he, Lo, I come to do thy will, O God. He taketh away the first, that he may establish the second. 10By the which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all. 11And every priest standeth daily ministering and offering oftentimes the same sacrifices, which can never take away sins: 12But this man, after he had offered one sacrifice for sins for ever, sat down on the right hand of God; 13From henceforth expecting till his enemies be made his footstool. 14For by one offering he hath perfected for ever them that are sanctified. 15Whereof the Holy Ghost also is a witness to us: for after that he had said before, 16This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, saith the Lord, I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them; 17And their sins and iniquities will I remember no more.

God takes no pleasure in burnt offerings, and sacrifices for sin. Instead, He prepared a body for His Son to live in. That body was our body. It was our flesh, and fallen human nature that Christ became one with (Acts 13:22&23, Rom. 1:1-4, Gal. 3:16, 2 Tim. 2:8, Heb. 2:10-18). This He did in order to become the true sacrifice, and offering to God. He took away the first, in order to establish the second. That is to say, He took away the system of sacrificing animals as a type of Himself, in order to perform the true sacrifice. What then is the true sacrifice? It is the sacrifice of the will of the sinner, who is in rebellion against God, to the will of God, the rightful ruler of all creation.

Thus Christ came,“ to do thy will, O God”. That is, to do God’s will, in our sinful flesh, the body which God had prepared for Him. This was according to the eternal purpose of God the Father, through his Son the Lord Jesus Christ. “1By the which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.” “For by one offering he hath perfected for ever them that are sanctified.” This is our sanctification, that is, the sacrifice of the Lord Jesus Christ. Not just that He hung on a cross for us, but moreover, that He sacrificed the will of his own flesh, which was our flesh, all His life long, until it lead Him to the cross. Where it ended for Him, It must begin for us.

Romans 6 1What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound? 2God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein? 3Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death? 4Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life. 5For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection: 6Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin. 7For he that is dead is freed from sin. 8Now if we be dead with Christ, we believe that we shall also live with him: 9Knowing that Christ being raised from the dead dieth no more; death hath no more dominion over him. 10For in that he died, he died unto sin once: but in that he liveth, he liveth unto God. 11Likewise reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord. 12Let not sin therefore reign in your mortal body, that ye should obey it in the lusts thereof. 13Neither yield ye your members as instruments of unrighteousness unto sin: but yield yourselves unto God, as those that are alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness unto God. 14For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace. 15What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid. 16Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness?

This is where the rubber meets the road for all those who claim to be Christ’s. Have you died with Christ? Is it your intention to die to self. To live as unto God, through His Son Jesus Christ in the body that was prepared for Him, that is, your body. Jesus Christ came as one of us, and sacrificed the will of His flesh, which was our flesh, to the will of His Father, who is now our Father, according to the eternal purpose of God. He has prepared the way. Will we pick up our cross and follow Him.

Romans 12 1I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service. 2And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God. 3For I say, through the grace given unto me, to every man that is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think; but to think soberly, according as God hath dealt to every man the measure of faith. 4For as we have many members in one body, and all members have not the same office: 5So we, being many, are one body in Christ, and every one members one of another.

Our bodies are the sacrifice of the new covenant. That is, if you are a member of the body of Christ. For Christ alone is the atoning sacrifice, therefore He became one with us, that we might become one with Him, according to the eternal purpose of God in Christ Jesus.

Ephesians 2 14For he is our peace, who hath made both one, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us; 15Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace; 16And that he might reconcile both unto God in one body by the cross, having slain the enmity thereby: 17And came and preached peace to you which were afar off, and to them that were nigh. 18For through him we both have access by one Spirit unto the Father. 19Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellowcitizens with the saints, and of the household of God; 20And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone; 21In whom all the building fitly framed together groweth unto an holy temple in the Lord: 22In whom ye also are builded together for an habitation of God through the Spirit.

It was through Christ’s body, that is His flesh, which is our flesh, that the enmity was abolished and the two were made one. All of us are brought together in Christ, because He brought humanity and God together, in Himself. He sanctified us, by becoming one of us, and carrying out the will of His Father perfectly in our flesh. Now if we are in Him, by faith, then He will be in us, and we will be one with Him, and each other, as the body of Christ. If we have died with Him, then we shall also live with Him. That is to say, if we have entered into His death, then he will enter into our life. Do you want to be one with God? Do you realize the implications of what I am asking you? What have we done to deserve this? That we should be called the sons, and daughters of the living God. It is beyond our comprehension.

What kind of worshipper are you? Will you submit to the authority of the Father, through His Son Jesus Christ? Or will you choose another path, submitting to no authority but your own, thus, making yourself God. There is one, who is the father of all who choose such a path. Christ was the Son of God. Those who enter into His experience by faith, become the sons and daughters of God. Those who will not, become the sons and daughters of the prince of this world.

John 8 42Jesus said unto them, If God were your Father, ye would love me: for I proceeded forth and came from God; neither came I of myself, but he sent me. 43Why do ye not understand my speech? even because ye cannot hear my word. 44Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it. 45And because I tell you the truth, ye believe me not.

Who is your father? Who will you submit to? Will you worship God according as He has instructed, or will you choose for yourself how to worship? Will you try to mix some of your own offering in with the pure and undefiled offering of the Son of God? Will you go the way of Cain, or Abel? Jesus Christ is the way, the truth, and the life. We will go the way of Christ, or we will not go at all. Christ is God. He alone is the offering, and atonement for sin. He alone can sanctify the sinner with His presence in their life. He sanctified the seventh day of the week at creation, for God alone can sanctify anything. The observance of this day is a sign that you accept by faith, that God alone sanctifies, not only this day, but also the sinner that puts their faith and trust in the word of God. A sign that you submit to the authority of God, and it is your desire to follow the example given by His Son the Lord Jesus Christ when here on earth.

The observance of Sunday on the other hand, is a sign that those who observe it, have gone the way of Cain. Though they acknowledge God, and even worship Him, they will not submit to His authority regarding the manner in which they should do so. Ignoring the word of God regarding which day He has chosen and sanctified for the purpose of worship, they have chosen a day commanded by another. They present a blemished offering, which is not acceptable to God. “If thou doest well, shalt thou not be accepted? and if thou doest not well, sin lieth at the door.” They know what God has instructed, but they wish to go another way. It is time to make up our minds. Choose you this day, whom you will serve.

Deuteronomy 17 1 Thou shalt not sacrifice unto the LORD thy God any bullock, or sheep, wherein is blemish, or any evilfavouredness: for that is an abomination unto the LORD thy God.

You are the new covenant offering to God. If indeed you are among the body of Christ. Will you bring a spiritually blemished offering to the Lord? This is an abomination to God, and will not be accepted. We either make a complete sacrifice to the Lord, or we do not really make one at all. There is no half way in Christ, it is all the way, or not at all.

Matthew 10 34Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword. 35For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law. 36And a man’s foes shall be they of his own household. 37He that loveth father or mother more than me is not worthy of me: and he that loveth son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me. 38And he that taketh not his cross, and followeth after me, is not worthy of me. 39He that findeth his life shall lose it: and he that loseth his life for my sake shall find it.

Matthew 16 24Then said Jesus unto his disciples, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me. 25For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: and whosoever will lose his life for my sake shall find it.

We must lose our lives in Christ. He must become our all in all. Again I ask, what would Christ do, what did Christ do? Will you lose your life in Him, that He might save it? Or will you seek to save your own life, that is the life of the sinner, and lose the life which He is offering to each and every one of us? The truth could not be simpler. “ He that hath the Son, hath life. He that hath not the Son, hath not life.”

The seventh day Sabbath was established at creation by Christ. It was, and still is, a sign that God created, sustains, redeemed, and sanctifies His own. Christ, when here on earth as one of us, obeyed the fourth commandment, and taught its proper observance. He was our perfect example in all things. Those who wish to present the offering of God’s own choosing, as Abel also did, will seek to follow His example in all things. This includes of course, obeying the fourth commandment.

Sunday sacredness is found nowhere in the word of God. Our Lord and Savior had nothing to say regarding its establishment, nor did any of His apostles. As has been proven already, it came about through the amalgamation of apostate Christianity, and the worship of the Sun. It has been promoted as a holy day by the man of sin himself. None but God can sanctify, that is make holy, anything. This claim is therefore blasphemous. Those who choose this day as holy, and reject the day that God himself has made holy, are going the way of Cain. They have chosen to worship God outside of the living example provided by the Lamb of God. They are therefore, none of His. Their offering is blemished, and will not be respected by God, through His Son the Lord Jesus Christ.

These two days represent the two different modes of worship in this world. The choice made regarding them, will divide this world in two. This is the message that will prepare the way for the second coming of Christ. Will you worship God according as He has instructed, or will you join Babylon in rebellion against God, by choosing the day that she has promoted. The one is a sign of your allegiance to God, and the other, to Babylon, that is, the great whore which leads the world in rebellion against God. As the writer has put the issue forcefully upon you, so to in the near future will God allow Babylon to apply its pressure to the same. The message from God is clear. Make up your mind!

Revelation 22 6And he said unto me, These sayings are faithful and true: and the Lord God of the holy prophets sent his angel to show unto his servants the things which must shortly be done. 7Behold, I come quickly: blessed is he that keepeth the sayings of the prophecy of this book. 8And I John saw these things, and heard them. And when I had heard and seen, I fell down to worship before the feet of the angel which showed me these things. 9Then saith he unto me, See thou do it not: for I am thy fellowservant, and of thy brethren the prophets, and of them which keep the sayings of this book: worship God. 10And he saith unto me, Seal not the sayings of the prophecy of this book: for the time is at hand. 11He that is unjust, let him be unjust still: and he which is filthy, let him be filthy still: and he that is righteous, let him be righteous still: and he that is holy, let him be holy still. 12And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be. 13I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last. 14Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city. 15For without are dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie.

16. donnA

donnA Active Member

what happens if I eat pork on Sundays after worship? :eek:

17. Kamoroso

Kamoroso New Member

You will burn in hell of course, after spending a million years in purgatory.

18. Stinker2

Stinker2 New Member

It is impossible for even that Astronomer's reliogion to not contain much ancient pagan teaching. Many unbiased scholars have determined that the teaching of Zoroastrianism predates Judaism by many centuries. It is seen in the Old Testament, and most of the New Testament consists of it's teaching.

Since the Old and New Testament contains so much of this ancient 'pagan' teaching, does it make the entire Bible untrue? No. It does not.

19. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I guess it depends on whether you are a pagan or not.

If you are a Christian and you actually read the first book of the bible then "clearly" there WERE NO Babylonians before Noah!

there WERE NO Egyptians before Noah!

That means that the FIRST story is the one that Adam tells. And then when God pushes "reset" then the FIRST story is the one that Noah tells.

Noah does not go to the Babylonians to "get his story" - they are not there!

That means that when God tells Moses the Story (remember that for christians "All scripture is INSPIRED by God") God is not "asking Babylonians to help Him tell the story".

I know this may come as a surprise - but so be it.

In Christ,

Bob

20. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Did I already post that?