1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Is God a God of Double Standards?

Discussion in 'Polls Forum' started by standingfirminChrist, Jul 5, 2008.

?
  1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No

87.5%
  3. I don't know

12.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. donnA

donnA Active Member

nor by those who give ungodly counsel, such as abusing children.

2. standingfirminChrist

Apparently you did not read the post either. Linda did not ask for the Morphine. Get over it.

3. donnA

donnA Active Member

A mind altering drug is a mind altering drug, and it doesn't matter why you take it if it's wroong, then it's wrong.
    Oh wait I forgot, it's wrong for everyone else, but you two. A double standard for you two.

4. donnA

donnA Active Member

Sounds like a threat. isn't thata gainst BB rules.
    wait, those double standards again isn't it.

5. standingfirminChrist

News Flash, Donna...

Glasses are not medication. They are corrective lenses.

You are really grasping.

6. standingfirminChrist

It would be beneficial for you to read up on Ritalin and the other mind altering drugs that are prescribed to children. They don't control the kids? You've got to be kidding!

If they weren't meant to control the child's behavior, they would not be prescribed. They place kids in states of mind that are not normal for children. And they keep those kids is that frame of mind day in and day out.

They do control the child.

7. donnA

donnA Active Member

No, I don't think so, you two seem to think it's a faith issue, people who give their children medicatiosn have no faith in what God can do, then turn around and tell us about taking medications.
    this si exacetly what a hypocrite it.
    Get off it lady, you ain't as perfect as you like to try and make people think you are. And guess what, they all see through the perfect act.

8. standingfirminChrist

Try reading Proverbs. Alcohol causes one to pervert the law and pervert judgment. Their minds are clouded by the booze.

9. Joe

Joe New Member

You are probably right in some cases.
    But I fear there are many reasons parents withhold medication from their children. I believe they usually mean well, have their kids best interests at heart. Often they are just incapable of remembering to administer it, so they need guidance t get organizedlike maybe writing a note on the fridge. Simple things. So arresting them would not be good. To be torn away from their children is usually plenty of torment imho.

10. donnA

donnA Active Member

It sounded in her post as if she thought she had a good excuse for taking a mind altering drug, she had a headache, poor baby.

11. donnA

donnA Active Member

you get over it, you ahve double standards for you and everyone else. You expect everyone to live by your convictions and they are unfaithful and not obeying God fi they don't, yet you two do whatever you want, even disobeying convictions.
    This si what a hypocrite does.

12. donnA

donnA Active Member

Child abuse should be and is illegal, then it needs to be treated as a crime, because it is if it's illegal. Purposely with holding medicatiosn is abuse.

13. standingfirminChrist

The Bible says we ought to obey God rather than man.

God's Word says withhold not the rod of correction from the child. He that spares the rod, hates his son.

Drugging the child because the parent doesn't want to deal with his rebellion is more abuse to the child than paddling him.

14. standingfirminChrist

You sure like to throw the word hypocrite around alot, donna. Just an observation, but one who loves God should want to obey His Word. His Word says to use the rod on the rebellious child. Do you use the rod on your children, donna? If not, you have no business calling others hypocrite.

#74 standingfirminChrist, Jul 6, 2008
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2008
  15. donnA

donnA Active Member

As I have already said, 3 times now, you can not beat chemical imballance of the brain out of a child. this is a malfunction, as with a lot of malfuntions in the human body, if taking medications for malfunctions in the body is wrong, then stop doing it. Only when you do is your argument valid. Until then, it's only hypocritical. i'm sure you can find some scripture that tells you what the bible says about that.
    You are advocating beating children.

16. rbell

rbell Active Member

But...according to your wife earlier...it was OK for her to have the morphine, because "it wore off quickly." So...as long as booze wears off quickly, it's OK....right?

OK, sarcasm aside, you have been ignoring my question: My aunt, who is terminal with stage 4 metasticized bone cancer, is in exruciating pain 24/7. So....is she sinning by taking pain medication?

By the way, I'm up on the way you do things: a difficult question, such as mine, gets ignored...because it backs you into a corner from which you can't logically extricate yourself.

And Linda...as for "getting over it"--I'm as over as it gets, sister. I feel as though I should speak up when someone's walk with Christ is slammed--because they didn't follow "Dr." SFIC's and "Dr." Linda's advice.

Oh....wait....you're NOT M.D.'s? Who'd-a thunk it?

What's sad is that many folks on here, in this thread and the other one, posted some excellent, well-thought-out, balanced thoughts and advice. But you two were more interested in condemning others...it's really quite sad.

17. donnA

donnA Active Member

Yep, when you earn it you earn it. It's biblical word if you hadn't noticed. Means one who says one thing and does another.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/hypocrite

18. rbell

rbell Active Member

um...SFIC...you condemn others for taking meds, then you take them.

You condemn others for taking "mind altering drugs," and your wife took them.

Kind of a slam-dunk, Matthew 7-style.

19. Joe

Joe New Member

I didn't say they didn't control the child. You need to re-read my post.
    I said it is usually not perscribed to control the child's behavior, I'll add, especially in females. There is ADD and ADHD which encompasses hyperactivity.

And it is not me who needs to read up on it. I have taken Ritalin myself. I have an insert here from the medicaiton, along with many other medication insterts and a 1990 Physicians Desk Reference. I will remind you that when endorsing your sister's behavior you need to be more careful. A child on Ritalin should not have their meds cut off cold turkey, it is dangerous. It is not myself who needs to become educated concerning Ritalin. I'll add it also stunts growth, causes gum disease and tmj from grinding teeth.

20. donnA

donnA Active Member

LOL, silly man, my children are adults, with children of their own.
    But then your just circling around the real issue aren't you. Which si do you two obey your own convictions?
    No. Because you've been telling us all about disobedience.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.