1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Is God a God of Double Standards?

Discussion in 'Polls Forum' started by standingfirminChrist, Jul 5, 2008.

?
  1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No

87.5%
  3. I don't know

12.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rbell

rbell Active Member

Donna, get off the BB right now, and go beat your grown children. Hurry, before they take some ritalin--or morphine!

:BangHead: :laugh:

2. standingfirminChrist

Rebellion is the result of sin, not chemical imbalances. Chemical imbalances are a joke. I can be studied along with others who graduated along with me and our brain activities will all be different.

Ritalin is nothing but an escape route.

Oh, as to the advocating beating children...

Proverbs 23:13 Withhold not correction from the child: for if thou beatest him with the rod, he shall not die.

3. Joe

Joe New Member

Not all situations call for children to be removed from their parents. Sometimes it'best for their well being to remain with not so good parents. By labeling it child abuse, CPS MUST act within certain guidelines. Breaking up families is VERY traumatic. It's easy to type on a message board a blanket statement but each situation is different. Reasons why parents do this are different, and it depends upon the medical condition, their intent, etc...

4. donnA

donnA Active Member

I guess abuse isn't traumatic or physically dangerous. I've seen way too much of it to beleive that.

5. rbell

rbell Active Member

Diabetes is a joke.
    Heart disease is a joke.
    Epilepsy is a joke.

SFIC's "informed opinions" are a joke.

see the pattern?

6. Joe

Joe New Member

Oh, I wondered what "threat" Sue was referring to earlier. Didn't pick up on this, I must need some Ritalin :D thanks

7. rbell

rbell Active Member

OK, take 5...it keeps getting ignored:

My aunt, who is terminal with stage 4 metasticized bone cancer, is in exruciating pain 24/7. So....is she sinning by taking pain medication?

8. Joe

Joe New Member

Crystal Clear...

9. Joe

Joe New Member

Since you asked Donna about her children, what about yours?

You always get into these discipline threads promoting child abuse, yet keep quiet about your story regarding children.

To be fair, please share :D

10. standingfirminChrist

I never got to raise my son. When his mother was killed in a car crash, I gave him to his grandparents because I could not afford to raise him on the mere 75 dollars a week I made.

Had I raised him, yes, he would have been paddled when rebellious... just as the Bible proclaims a rebellious child should be.

I paddled my nieces and nephews quite often when they misbehaved. They were living under the same roof as me and I was given permissiion to paddle them when necessary.

Satisfied?

Spanking a rebellious child is not child abuse. It is what the Word of God tells us to do. If we don't, then we are children of disobedience.

11. Joe

Joe New Member

CPS calls "abuse" many things in which I do not agree with. Temporary living conditions better than I had in high school are used to break up families for some months. Young kids crying their eyes out for no good reason. Sad.
    Twice I moved in a Mother with their child without telling CPS. Gotta do what is best sometimes, not what they tell you to do. When the CPS worker says the family is loving and will be reunified, and the kids behavior reflects this, I say move Mom in :) (Both to be watched 24/7) The worker always finds out but usually ignores it because they are happy it happened. If they were not, boy would I hear about it!

#91 Joe, Jul 6, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 6, 2008
  12. donnA

donnA Active Member

So you are a doctor, well I didn't know that.
    Heres what your telling people to do to their children, these people didn't spare the rod either. Why not beat a sick child.

http://didyouknow.magnify.net/item/WZ6DJQ1H4JYLHNMG
    http://doctorbulldog.wordpress.com/...child-beaten-to-death-for-not-learning-quran/
    http://www.wyff4.com/news/16338387/detail.html
    http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=9E0CE5DC1731F933A25750C0A964958260

13. donnA

donnA Active Member

No there Joe. Here they remove kids with real abuse. How can beating a child black and blue or bloody be alright? How can decising the doctors are stupid and the disease their child has does not exist so don't give them needed medications. We can not over look real abuse. Unless of course we are willing to write off children.
    it seems so.

14. Linda64

Linda64 New Member

rbell...

Your verdict against me and SFIC is in...there is no need to keep asking.

As far as your aunt sinning, no she's not. My father passed away 10 years ago from Multiple Myloma (bone marrow cancer). He was on very heavy doses of pain killers. I don't believe he was sinning.

Believe it or not, SFIC and I are not anti-medications, as so many on this board have accused us of...however, ADD/ADHD, IMO, have not been "objectively" proven to be a disease by "objective" testing and diagnosis. Then to give a child Ritalin (or some other similar drug) to control an "unproven" behavioral "disease" is the biggest scam that the pharmaceutical companies has foisted on the American public....this was why I refused to administer this medication to my children...all this does is "drug" our children and make the pharmaceutical companies rich. I changed their diet and they turned out just fine. Whatever happened to good old fashioned "discipline" according to the Bible? What did parents do before the "advent" of Ritalin and other drugs which alter the behavior of our children?

15. Joe

Joe New Member

Yes. I assume you were a decent father and continued a relationship with him as best you could?
    How do you end up with so many rebellious kids with such extreme behavior that you need to spank them?
    It's just weird to me that we can do foster care and not have as severe of a problem with our kids as you apparently have with your own family members

16. Joe

Joe New Member

No, we are not to overlook real abuse. There is no excuse for beating a child black and blue, they do not return to their parents. They are harder for me to deal with because each time I display up and down behavior, they cringe. Must stay very calm, and level headed around them. I don't do well with them so we don't take them. Only in emergencies... They also hide food alot of the time, or maybe that just happened with our kids. which is fine but there is never enough food for them it seems. We take the sexually abused kids, which is odd to me because they are the kids less desired. Most are pretty funny, easy to relate to. If we get recertified, then we will go back to taking kids, not just babysitting. It's in the works now, need a few more classes.

#96 Joe, Jul 6, 2008
  17. rbell

rbell Active Member

Finally, a substantive post.

We can agree that ritalin, adderal, et al is overprescribed. No doubt about it. What we disagree on is that there are some--not millions, but some--who do as my doctor friend suggested (I've posted this at least twice):
    • Limit the sugar and caffeine intake;
    • Get adequate rest--preferably, on a regular schedule;
    • Limit the hours of media exposure: TV, internet, video games, etc.;
    • Multi-vitamin, and better nutrition;
    • Adequate outdoor exercise (some studies suggest a link between ADD/ADHD and a vitamin-D deficiency; but those are early studies);
    • Consistent standards (discipline) enforced in the home. (Key word: consistent. That's where many parents fail).
    Those things, mind you, should be done before any pharmaceutical avenues are explored. Now...after all that...there are a few kids who still have real difficulties. I'm not talking "inconveniences," but serious difficulties. You can deny it all you want, or blame the parents, but there are some out there who fit this description. For them, medical intervention is helpful.

And, mind you, Ritalin is the best-known of the ADD meds...but it is not the only one. There are many others: some are much more suspect, IMO; others tend to have less side effects.

I have never on this board advocated the wanton use of psychotropic medications; however, I also do not question the faith of those who go that route. I've not walked a mile in their shoes, and though it would be easy for me to condemn them, it would not be right.

18. donnA

donnA Active Member

But your husband said,
    Which includes the morphine you got for your headache, because it is a mind altering drug.

Perhaps you should consult your husband before posting, because he said

If the answer to all life's problems in in the word, and we should not turn to medications, then it is wrong for either of you to use medications. But you have different standards you live by then you expect others to live by.

#98 donnA, Jul 6, 2008
  19. Joe

Joe New Member

They left :eek:
    Truth hurts
    Goodnight

20. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

I notified the mods of this forum yesterday (about this thread) and they may have gone away for the week end.

In their absence, I am closing this thread because it is going nowhere and is full of name calling and threats.

If the mods want to reopen it upon their return, that is up to them.

Thanks,
    §ue

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.