1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Is God a Moral Monster?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by evangelist6589, Aug 10, 2014.

1. Winman

Winman Active Member

Don't tell me you believe Psa 51:5 is saying we are all born sinful? That is not what it is saying, read it again.

Psa 51:5 Behold, I was shapen in iniquity; and in sin did my mother conceive me.

This verse is not saying David was born sinful. This verse is not even speaking about David, but about his mother. Only women "conceive", men do not conceive. A newborn does not conceive, the mother conceives.

And try this simple test, substitute other words and it will become obvious this verse is describing David's mother, and not David.

Behold, I was beaten in anger, and in fury did my mother strike me.

That may seem foolish, but it does demonstrate who the verse is really talking about, David's mother. Obviously she was doing something sinful when David was conceived, but we are not told exactly what. We do know that David's family treated him as a black sheep, and his father Jesse did not present David when the prophet Samuel requested to see all of Jesse's sons.

No, we choose to go astray, the flesh simply tempts us. There is a difference. Jesus was tempted in ALL POINTS as we are, yet without sin. He could be "touched" with the "feeling" of our "infirmities" (weakness). He felt the pull and tug of the flesh just as much as we do, perhaps even more, because he never satisfied the flesh when it would have caused him to sin. We give in to lust and have momentary relief. So, I believe Jesus felt the pull and tug of temptation even more than we experience.

Heb 4:15 For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin.

Sin causes SPIRITUAL death, not physical. If Adam and Eve had eaten of the tree of life, they would have lived for ever, even though they were sinners.

Gen 3:22 And the LORD God said, Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil: and now, lest he put forth his hand, and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live for ever:

If sin causes physical death, then God would not have needed to separate Adam and Eve from the tree of life, they would have died anyway. No??

Think on that one.