1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Is God always willing to help with every problem we have?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by ajg1959, Jan 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

I don't know what troubles you have but I will keep you in prayer.

God does help with every problem but it is sometimes in ways we didn't expect or in ways we don't feel is right. Same as he answers all prayers but not always with the answer we wanted. We might think He's making things worse when in fact He is bring the solution through the problem. That is where our faith comes into play. We know God is in control so if we can somehow hand Him the problems we can then focus our attention on helping others.

One thing I learned in life, just as you think your problems are bad you meet someone in worse shape than you.

2. donnA

donnA Active Member

1Peter 5:7casting all your care upon Him, for He cares for you.

I think God cares about whatever we care about.
    Matt. 5:
    45That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust.

3. thegospelgeek

thegospelgeek New Member

Jim is correct. Jonah did not die in the belly of the whale, nor did he die when the gourd dried up. The picture of Christ is going into the belly of the whale, into the depths, and then rising to the dry land. This is a picture of Christ for us to see.

ajg1959 just set your sites on things above, not here below. This world is just a short stop on our way to a better home, not built by hands. I know it's easier said than done, but remenber (as others have posted) God will never leave you or forsake you. He cares about your problems. Scripture tells us that that he is touched by us and cares for us. Just think, Christ loved you enough to die for you! He does love you and will work all your problems for good (Rom 8:28). They may not work the way you or I want. But he will use them for good.

Joseph is a great study. Sold by his brothers, put into slavery, imprisoned. Can you imagine how it would feel. Lord, I knew you gave me a dream when I was young, but here I am wasting away in prison. How depressing it must have been. But yet God used him in his time and for his purpose. He can and will use you, in his time and his purpose. You may have been disobediant in the past, I don't know. But all that matters is now, and it sounds like you are on the right track.

Love and God Bless,
    Keith

4. ajg1959

ajg1959 New Member

If I had $10 i would buy myself some breakfast...i havent eaten in 2 days. i have no where to stay and it is snowing outside...i wont be buying any books for a while.

AJ

5. thegospelgeek

thegospelgeek New Member

If I may ask,

Where are you located?

I'll help if possible.

6. ajg1959

ajg1959 New Member

I am at the public library in indianapolis, in...and yes i do need help desperately
    AJ

7. ajg1959

ajg1959 New Member

My session is over on this pc...i will log back on in a little while
    AJ

8. ajg1959

ajg1959 New Member

Im here, it let me log right back on

9. thegospelgeek

thegospelgeek New Member

I don't personally know them, but try to get to First Free Will Baptist Church.

2433 Barnes Ave
    Indianapolis, IN 46208

(317) 926-1168‎

Tell them an Ohio FWB Pastor sent you. If you can't get hold of anyone there try a Google Search for "Free Will Baptist" Indianapolis. I would be surprised if none of them could help. Do you have any job skills?

10. ajg1959

ajg1959 New Member

i am a welder, i can get a job, that isnt the problem. Housing and food is the problem.

i called a bunch of churches yesterday and they all referred me to the homeless mission...which is horrible.....people get killed here in the mission.

Last night, one of the BBer's from England called all the way over here in Indiana and contacted a pastor that siad he would come and pick me up. The BBer told him that i wouldnt go to the mission, but he said he would come and help me anyway.....well he did show up...he asked me three questions on the front steps of the library...

he wanted to know if i was 100% sure i was going to heaven...i said without a doubt

then he wanted to know if he could pray for me...and i said of course

and then he asked me if he could give me a ride to the mission!!!!!!! I said no, so he dropped me off at the bus station to sit on a bench all night.

well, around 11pm a drunk got out of hand so the cops came...and then they asked everyone inside for their bus ticket, which of course i did not have, so i had to leave.

it was snowing like a blizzard outside, but I had no choice but to walk to the mission 5 miles away. They let me sleep on the cement floor until 5am and woke me up to leave.

So, what i am saying is that all the pastors here give money to the mission so the mission is the only answer they offer.

BTW, after the 5 mile walk in the snow, i now have blisters, swollen ankes and shins, and i am dirty, unshaven, tired, and just really want to die. I have no family that will help me, and my old pastor got fired, and i dont know how to contact him

But thanks for trying
    AJ

#30 ajg1959, Jan 8, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 8, 2009
  11. thegospelgeek

thegospelgeek New Member

I klnow it's tough man, but hang in there. Make it one more day. I'm guessing it's cold in Indy today. Do you have warm clothes?

12. thegospelgeek

thegospelgeek New Member

R U still there AJ?

Don't give up on me...
    I'm trying to think of a solution. Any ideas?

What do you need?

13. ajg1959

ajg1959 New Member

Yes I am here now. I do have a warm parka, andit is cold here.

Ok, another BBer has offered to help me get a room for tonight so that I can get cleaned up, get some rest and look for a job tomorrow. Thank god for her.

AJ

14. Salamander

Salamander New Member

Brother AJ, I am so sorry to hear it turned out that way.

Again, I am so sorry this is what you're experiencing.

Brother, only the devil wants you to die.

You're doing something right by presenting your situation here, that should at least give you some confidence God wants better things for you!

I have to ask if you have contacted these folks: http://www.fbchammond.com/ ?

I don't know how far Hammond is from you, but I do know they do a bus ministry outreach beyond what we could look at as a scale for bus ministries.

I have met Brother Young a few times and he has a real heart for anyone in your desparate situation. I believe he will help. He probably wouldn't remember me by name so it won't help much there, but please do contact them and mention another IFB'er recommends their church to help you and DON'T hesitate to give them some history about your immediate situation/ needs specifically!

The Lord does allow us to reap what we sow, but DON'T misunderstand that! Not everything we reap is negative, but if you'll sow some effort in God's direction, I KNOW you'll find Him FAITHFUL and JUST!

I believe if you'll do a little looking around, you'll find some one in worse shape than what you think you're in now. There's always room for improvement with the Lord for all things are possible with Him. Notice that word "ALL", it means ALL!:godisgood:

Don't defeat yourself, allow the Lord to keep pointing out your path, acknowledge Him in ALL thy ways and he shall direct your paths!:godisgood:

ONLY if you regard sin moree than what the Lord has for you concerning His will for your life has He ever said he would not hear you. BELIEVE HIM! He's LISTENING!:godisgood:

I don't care what other preachers have told you, listen to what the Lord has promised all who will hear!:thumbsup:

I pray I could help more and I would hope that some one near to you would offer you a place to live while you work your way back to being stable concerning housing.

I hadn't seen much from you here in awhile, yet the Lord has had you on my heart ever since you first came on the BB with your "request".

Since Jesus never gave up on his way up Calvary, and what he did there on that cruel Cross for all who will believe, ALL your "problems" have been nailed to His Cross! He never gave up and you were on His heart at that very time, so there's never a time you should give up either. There is a time for letting those things go that hinder you. The biggest of those deterring things is unbelief.

I hope you see this is what satan is trying to do is to steer you down the road to unbelief that God would ever turn his back on one of His own. The devil is a LIAR!

You are a building in progress, satan knows it and he's trying to get you to a place where you cannot help anyone that ever gets in your present situation.

I won't you to think about that! When the Lord brings you through this, and He will, he is already moving you in the right direction, He will use you to help others! This is what it's all about, Brother AJ!

I do know the Atlanta City Baptist Rescue Mission helps their attendees find employment while working through their program. I've been there many times to preach. Maybe the mission where you're at might be able to send you there? Brother Jesser is the director of the mission, try him too:

316 Peters St SW, Atlanta, Ga. 404-577-3409.

It is a minstry of Kingsway Baptist Church 6456 The King's Way • Douglasville, Georgia
    Phone 770.949.0812
    http://www.kingswayministry.com/
    I do hope all this helps and know that you can never go to far for God to turn his back on you or that he is finished with you! He has far greater things than you could ever dream of for you!

Jeremiah 33:3 Call unto me, and I will answer thee, and show thee great and mighty things, which thou knowest not.

You can count on it!

15. ajg1959

ajg1959 New Member

Thank you for that.

Well, this is hard, but the truth is that even if me and my wife got back together today, that i wouldnt be in any shape to take care of her and the baby.

I need some help. The treatment program i went thru in December was for spiritual problems, and they referred me to a mental clinic for depression treatment, but I am hardheaded and didnt go. Now I am in worse shape than I was in last fall when I first told you all that my life was ruined.

So, a few BBer's have been in constant contact withme for 2 days to try to keep me from doing anything stupid. Their love and caring has inspired me to get help. Have you ever just needed a little love to keep going?

They are getting me a hotel room for tonight so I can clean up and rest, and then tomorrow, i will use the phone at the hotel, and find a mental hospital that will take me right away. Its hard to admit that i am sick and need help, but when the alternative is losing all of your family, or even dieing, then I guess its time to suck up the pride and go get some help.

I really dread having to go into a mental hospital, but i know my life depends on it.

thank you for your prayers
    AJ

16. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Don't dread it, AJ...you are not going it alone.

17. thegospelgeek

thegospelgeek New Member

Great to hear it. I got called away for a few minutes and return to find God at work. Hang in there brother, you are never alone. I know myself and many others on the BB will continue to pray. I love you man, and I'll meet you in heaven if not sooner.

18. ajg1959

ajg1959 New Member

I just got the hotel confirmation thru email. Now I am just trying tofigure out how to get the 8.7 miles out there to it...grrrrr

But I am going to rest, and then tomorrow morning, I am going to find a hospital to check into and get some help...thank you for your effort and for caring

AJ

19. Salamander

Salamander New Member

No problem, man!

Let God help all three of you, one day at a time!

Go back and try again, it seems you're might be more accepting of it now. The old addage, "If at first you don't succeed, TRY and TRY again!"

I can hardly see my screen right now, Brother, that REALLY touches home, the answer is YES!

You haven't lost anything that God cannot help you get back!

Go for it! and please do keep us posted, we're depending on your depending upon the Lord! Man, you're helping me! NO JOKING!

Told ya God will use you!:godisgood: :godisgood: :godisgood:

20. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

I am closing this thread.

Please pray for AJ.

AJ, please place those who causing your problems on your ignore list so that those who care can still express their concern for you by PM.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.