1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Is God glorified by sinners committing sin, and sinners punished in Hell?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Duzt, Feb 12, 2018.

1. Duzt

Duzt New Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    As the question directly implies, is God glorified by men committing sin, both the saved and the unsaved, and men who are eternally punished by God's judgment in Hell?

My pastor taught in a 4-day conference that God is glorified by sinners burning in Hell, and sinners committing sin. Please feel free to clarify me and also refer any Biblical references as support for any answer you may have. Thank you.

2. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I only have one scripture but I believe ultimately He will be fully glorified.

Philippians 2
    9 Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name:
    10 That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;
    11 And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

Until then His longsuffering is active.

3. Martin Marprelate

Martin Marprelate Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    God's grace and mercy are glorified when sinners are saved (e.g. Ephesians 1:6) and His justice is glorified when unrepentant sinners are condemned (e.g. 1 Thessalonians 1:5-10; Revelation 16:4-7).

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. agedman

agedman Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Perhaps 2 Corinthians 2:
    14But thanks be to God, who in Christ always leads us in triumphal procession, and through us spreads the fragrance of the knowledge of him everywhere. 15For we are the aroma of Christ to God among those who are being saved and among those who are perishing, 16to one a fragrance from death to death, to the other a fragrance from life to life. Who is sufficient for these things?17For we are not, like so many, peddlers of God’s word, but as men of sincerity, as commissioned by God, in the sight of God we speak in Christ.

The thought being that Christ’s “fragrance, aroma” in the believer delivers to God that which His work is triumphant and is also that same fragrance/aroma of those perishing. God triumphant in all matters.