1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Is God going to punish the GOP

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by NaasPreacher (C4K), Aug 23, 2012.

1. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

It is obvious that a significant percentage of people in this country who claim to be Christians vote pro-abortion; even some on this Baptist Board. They shuffle their feet when asked to justify their position!

2. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

I really have no idea what my voting record has to do with this debate.

I will say this, I have never knowingly voted for anyone who thinks it is acceptable to kill even one baby.

#42 NaasPreacher (C4K), Aug 24, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 25, 2012
  3. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

My only vote for a Democrat for President was Jimmy Carter in 76. I switched back to Reagan when he ran against Carter in 80. I have been voting since 72.

4. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

I agree with preachinjesus on this one------the hurricane is no more a judgment upon the RNC as it was upon the Indian tribes who inhabited the same area 300 years ago----Hurricanes are a brute force of nature that start out as a simple "Afternoon Thundershower" off the coast of West Africa that somehow find themselves in a forever flowing jet stream to the west and eventually dump themselves over land over the American continent!! Thats all!!:BangHead:

5. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

Saturnneptune says, "I have been voting since 72."

YA'LL!!
    SN was voting when he was still in diapers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:thumbs::type::laugh::laugh:

6. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

That is so true, and you still are. The only problem the diapers are called Depends and the life cycle is on the opposite side you implied. Now hurry up and take your Metamucil. Its almost shuffleboard time.

#46 saturneptune, Aug 25, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 25, 2012
  7. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    There may be a blessing as well.

This is a HUGE storm, I heard on the radio that it is currently 600 miles across.

If it pushes North up into the land mass after going West of NOLA (if it does) it could bring lots of rain up into the drought area depending on how long it lives after making landfall.

HankD

8. Mexdeaf

Mexdeaf New Member

I hope it makes it to South Texas.

9. Tom Bryant

Tom Bryant Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    So if the storm misses Tampa and the RNC continues on, does this show God's blessing... :saint:

Seriously folks, this isn't that bad a storm. It might reach Category 1 but down here that's a summer thunderstorm. So if this is God's punishment (which I doubt), is it just a slap on the wrist?

10. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The op wasn't being serious, he was just "making a point".

11. FR7 Baptist

FR7 Baptist Active Member

One time I read about a radical black pastor who said God sends hurricanes to Florida as punishment for slavery.

12. OldRegular

I figured from his posts that he was still a growing boy!:tonofbricks:

13. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

I think it's awfully presumptuous of some of you to say what God won't do. Y'all have no more basis for saying it isn't God's judgment than someone has for saying it is.

14. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

So what you're saying is----evert Hurricane that comes up the pipe is from God!!! Every single one of them!! Every natural disaster is God punishing us for whatever reason

We get 5 or 6 Hurricanes in the Gulf of Mexico and one of the 6 hits New Orleans---and we say---"God is trying to get their attention---they ain't living right!! He's judgeing the folks in the Cresent City!!"---but when the next Hurricane hits the Eastern coast and runs up along Norfolk and Newport News-----we don't say anything about it---its just a storm--seen um before, nothin' new----but the next one comes up toward New Orleans again--and again we say . . .

15. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

To solve the GOP hurricane problems, Pat Robertson is good at praying a new course for hurricanes. If he needs a boost, Romney can bring down the angel Macaroni to help.

16. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

Didn't Robertson "kick the bucket"???????

17. Tom Bryant

Tom Bryant Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    No, but he did jump the shark a long time ago...

18. OldRegular

Macaroni? Macaroni? Macaroni you say? I thought Macaroni was that short "holey" noodle you had to mix with cheese to make it edible. Well perhaps we are living in the age of mirages!

On a more serious note. I believe that we all can and should learn something new each day. I will say in all earnestness that with S/N on the board that can happen with each and every S/N post I read!:thumbs::laugh::laugh::sleeping_2:

#58 OldRegular, Aug 26, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 26, 2012
  19. Borneol

Borneol New Member

20. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Umm, that wasn't what I was saying. But to answer THIS, then YES.Every hurricane...everything that takes place takes place because GOD lets it. There aren't any hurricanes forming that aren't from God letting them form.

That's your conclusion. It certainly isn't something I said.:laugh:

Who is this we? And maybe He does have it out for NOLA and it's voodoo worshiping. Maybe He does have it out for the GOP and it's nominating of a false god worshiper.

As I said, there is just as much evidence that He is as there is that He isn't.