1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Is God Limited?

Discussion in 'Calvinism & Arminianism Debate' started by tyndale1946, Mar 27, 2023.

1. tyndale1946

tyndale1946 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I hear some say... A man has to hear the gospel, join a church and be baptized, to be saved?... Then how do you explain the thief on the cross?... The man was a convicted criminal, didn't believe, never went to church, wasn't baptized and was regenerated and saved on a cross?... I hear murmurings well he was a special case... We are all special cases... Can God save a man that has never heard it?... Are we limiting God?... If a man is regenerated during a sermon by hearing the gospel then it is not the gospel that saves the man but by the power of God... God is not limited... I have son age 42 that loves the Lord and was born deaf, he can't hear the gospel, I didn't teach him... So he can't say Lord I believe... A saved man!... What of those with disabilities that can't hear or understand or those because of circumstances in life never heard it, are they hell bound?... I posted an OP on here of a people that had no contact from the outside world and any plan to contact them was met with violence... They just want to be left alone... Man maybe be limited but God never is!... So does God need a man to save one?... Because God is not limited he sent one, his Son... Jesus Christ!... Brother Glen:)

2. Silverhair

Silverhair Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    The only limit on God is one that He puts on Himself. God does not need to hear special words He looks at the heart.

Psa_34:18 The LORD is near to those who have a broken heart, And saves such as have a contrite spirit.

Psa_51:17 The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit, A broken and a contrite heart—These, O God, You will not despise.

Isa_57:15 For thus says the High and Lofty One Who inhabits eternity, whose name is Holy: "I dwell in the high and holy place, With him who has a contrite and humble spirit, To revive the spirit of the humble, And to revive the heart of the contrite ones.

• Like Like x 1